Why won’t my game install on my external hard drive?

Discus and support Why won’t my game install on my external hard drive? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have just bought a Xbox series X console and all my games are on an external hard drive. I connected the hard drive to the console, however there was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Will Blackman, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Why won’t my game install on my external hard drive?

I have just bought a Xbox series X console and all my games are on an external hard drive. I connected the hard drive to the console, however there was quite a few updates for some of the games. All of my games updated on my external hard drive apart from my assassins creed Valhalla game which updated on the internal storage but it was still on the external hard drive. I tried to delete the internal storage one but it then deleted the external hard drive one to.

I put the disc in and tried to install the game again but but it still installed on the internal storage and the external hard drive. The game is installed on the internal storage but the add ons install on the external storage.

Why won’t the game install on my external storage? Even tho I changed the setting to

Install only on my external storage

:)

Will Blackman, Dec 4, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today Will

Just to let you know, enhanced X/S (like Assassin’s creed Valhalla) games can’t be installed on external hard drives.
    Only on the internal storage, because right 3.0 external drives doesn’t have the enough capacity to play the games , only to store them

The only way to store and play enhanced games on a external drive is with the Seagate expansion card.
    Your Xbox has a dedicated port for this special card

In case you need more information about this feel free to check this article
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  3. RafiRazzouq Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC error 0x8007001f when installing games

Hi, sorry for that issue, the problem is the external hard drive, for some reason (I don't know why), the games that require Administrator approval have issue on external drive.
    Thanks for the answer. External hard drive it is not the problem in my case. While trying to find a solution to this Xbox Game pass for PC / Windows Store error I did reinstall Windows 10 on my iMac's internal hard drive. The problem with error 0x8007001f
    persists even when Windows 10 is installed on the internal hard drive.

uild on external macbook hard drive/dual boot) Did you figure any solution to this? i can install other games fine but when i try to install halo mcc it errors out at 4.8%
  4. melanie brown2 Win User

Can't install Xbox App games in a drive other than C:

hi. my name is mel and i am an independent advisor. to install games on a external hard drive, first u need to create a folder on the external hard drive to install the games too.
  5. SMG90x Win User

Xbox One Hard Drive already to small.

So when i buy an external hard drive do will that add on to my console storage or do games i install install to the external hard drive and my xbox one will play them from there? just curious
  6. XxMaryG36xX Win User

call of duty modern warfare

Call of duty modern warfare is an awesome game! Catch up and I don’t believe it would crash your external hard drive because that’s how I Play my game so I won’t have to waste space on my internal hard drive.
Thema:

1. Why won’t my game install on my external hard drive? - Similar Threads - Why won’t game

2. Why won’t it let me connect my Xbox to epic game account keeps saying it’s already...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won’t it let me connect my Xbox to epic game account keeps saying it’s already...: Keeps saying my Xbox network account is already connected to another epic game account and idk how or what account that is like to get my account fixed right so I can play games...
  3. Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.: How do I fix a game that just says installation stopped every time I try and download it. b8aa3724-e6f7-45f1-8f30-d4a42379b4ae
  4. Why won’t the Mortal Kombat 11 Story Modes appear under my games and add-ons?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t the Mortal Kombat 11 Story Modes appear under my games and add-ons?: I recently got an Xbox One disc copy of Mortal Kombat 11 to play on my Xbox Series X. Ever since I got it, I’ve been dying to play the story mode, but it wouldn’t let me in game. I tried going to...
  5. Why won’t it let me download the game on Xbox store when I haven’t updated the game but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t it let me download the game on Xbox store when I haven’t updated the game but...: I’m having trouble with downloading a game on disc and I tried buying it in the Xbox store but cannot because it says “u own this already” 84debe74-dbae-4e50-a944-bb68cd205219
  6. Why does my game say installation stopped and won’t let me install it even though I’ve been...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game say installation stopped and won’t let me install it even though I’ve been...: I try to install the game on my Xbox and everytime I try to install the game it just says installation stopped with out it showing the mbps or anything else it just shows loading and that’s always...
  7. Why are my games and apps stuck at 100 percent and won’t install?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are my games and apps stuck at 100 percent and won’t install?: For context I was reformatting an external hard drive today to see if it could run my games and instead I find out that the rest of my games on my internal are having trouble loading. My call of...
  8. Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.: Can’t speak to other players through headset. I can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to anyone. Party or online. No one can hear me. Yes, I made sure it wasn’t muted. I even bought a new...
  9. Why won’t my Xbox series x let me install Roblox? It will start to install the game but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my Xbox series x let me install Roblox? It will start to install the game but...: My Roblox won’t let me install it and play it. I have tried restarting my Xbox. I’ve tried clearing my cache. Tried hard resetting. I’ve tried it all. The game will start to install but stop at...
  10. Why won’t the xbox store and cloud gaming work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t the xbox store and cloud gaming work: cV: asQdFCzb2E5dSppoQaiTt0.0.0 1ff8f482-ef4a-451f-98d5-afb1a4b64b47