Why won't my DVD play in the blu-ray app on my Xbox one?

Discus and support Why won't my DVD play in the blu-ray app on my Xbox one? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I need help figuring this out a0e9bc3f-8324-426c-abe7-fd007a9815e7 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by robkbriggs, Mar 5, 2023.

1. robkbriggs
    robkbriggs Guest

I need help figuring this out

:)

robkbriggs, Mar 5, 2023
  2. IceStorm III Win User

Will the HD DVD xbox360 drive work on the X1?

[quote user="FullHornet"]It makes absolutely no sense why an Xbox One would play DVDs and Blu-Ray's and not play HD DVDs.[/quote]HD DVD and Blu-ray are formatted differently on the disc. Blu-ray players cannot read HD DVDs and vice versa. The exception being
    multi-format drives designed to read both (I have two).

Beyond the physical inability to read an HD DVD in a Blu-ray drive, there's the issue of software. HDi Interactive Format was the standard used to create HD DVD menus and other content on-disc outside of the actual movie files. Blu-ray uses scripts and Java.
    Unless playback software can understand HDi Interactive Format, HD DVD menus won't work and the disc won't play.

If it was possible for Blu-ray players to play HD DVD, people wouldn't be holding onto HD DVD drives.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

360 games on xbox1

Hi,

Can you check if your console can read DVD discs please? To do this just insert a DVD movie disc. If it works, the console will load the Blu-ray Player app (make sure this this downloaded from the Xbox Store).

Note that the disc you try must be a DVD not an Xbox One or a Blu-ray movie disc.

If your console won't start the DVD movie disc then this indicates a fault with your Xbox One Blu-ray drive. These drives contain two lasers, one for DVD's and one for Blu-ray discs. Xbox One disc games are on Blu-ray, Xbox 360 games are DVD's.
  4. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Blu-ray will not play correctly on Xbox one

Hello Brian J, my name is zahir.

I will try to assist you. Please can you tell me exactly what is happening when you play a blu ray disc?

I can provide you with some basic tips so long.

Set up and install the Blu-ray and DVD player app on Xbox

To watch Blu-ray or DVD movies on your Xbox console, you first need to install the Blu-ray Player app. To install the app, choose one of the following options.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Home, and then select Store.

Select Search and enter Blu-ray in the search bar. Select the Blu-ray Player app when it appears in the list of results.

Select Install to download and install the app.

Insert a Blu-ray or DVD disc into your Xbox.

Select the Blu-ray Player app when it appears.

On the Blu-ray Player app details page, select Install.

Your disc should start playing automatically.

After the app is installed, you can watch Blu-ray or DVD movies by inserting the disc into your Xbox console and selecting Blu-ray Player on the Home screen, or by finding it under My games & apps

Thank you
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox One imported from other region

Each Xbox One console is manufactured for a specific Blu-ray and DVD region, following international standards. The Xbox One console can play Blu-ray discs and DVDs that are sold in the same region as the console.

Some Blu-ray discs and DVDs are not region-encoded or are coded to all regions. Region-free Blu-ray discs and DVDs will play on any Xbox One console.

support.xbox.com/.../watch-bluray-dvd-movies
  6. CMUchippewa Win User

Is the xbox one worth it to play offline

Xbox One is really made to be online. It'll be fine to play offline, but you won't get many apps and can't play DVDs/Blu Rays until you download that app.
Thema:

1. Why won't my DVD play in the blu-ray app on my Xbox one? - Similar Threads - Why won't DVD

2. Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned: I have a friend who bought a fairly new xbox from Walmart in December 2023 now to ad some context this guy is stupid he doesn't know jack about software and how to hack program and tamper. He was...
  3. Why won't the controller stay connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the controller stay connected?: I have read all related questions and suggestions. Nothing is a permanent fix and I'd rather not switch systems. If there isn't a fix for this , switching is the I kt option left...
  4. why won't my controller work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't my controller work?: my controller will not work with minecraft. 2e4cb778-3a95-4135-abf7-2f8e4a9d12ca
  5. Why won't YouTube work AT ALL on my Xbox S?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't YouTube work AT ALL on my Xbox S?: When I open YouTube on my Xbox S I can't play anything. Sometimes it will give me audio but with a blank screen, other times the screen will go black and after a moment it will go close and return...
  6. Why won't my xbox connect to the wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox connect to the wifi?: Ive tried everything to connect it but it won't work. Sometimes it works but like a day later it stops working randomly. 0316c303-d4c8-4996-81aa-a1f18b205da8
  7. Why won't my xbox work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox work?: Dear xbox community through out the past months my console has been acting up sometimes the console would turn on but would didnt connect to my monitor. other times it would stay on the green boot...
  8. why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?: I downloaded A Little to the Left on Xbox Windows but the game won't start. All I see is a grey screen and the little portrait of the cat in the bottom right corner. I thought it just needed to...
  9. Why won't my Xbox connect to WiFi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox connect to WiFi?: My Xbox for no reason no longer connects to WiFi. When I try set up a WiFi connection it doesn't give me options of nearby WiFi to connect to b032a48d-2b03-44e2-b939-99547c977ddb
  10. Why won't my Xbox connect to the Internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox connect to the Internet?: I have been having issues with getting my Xbox Series X connecting to the WiFi but not connecting to the Internet. When I got it in 2023 it was connecting with no issues but recently it just won't...