Why won’t my disc install/prompt an install

Discus and support Why won’t my disc install/prompt an install in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to reinstall Monster Hunter world, I have already had this game before because of gamepass but I bought it again for old times sake. When I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kenshin Kenshi, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Why won’t my disc install/prompt an install

I am trying to reinstall Monster Hunter world, I have already had this game before because of gamepass but I bought it again for old times sake. When I put the disc into my Xbox it doesn’t install nor does it make a prompt this is the only game that does this because i recently bought demon slayer hinokami chronicles and it installed. I have already reset my Xbox and cleared local save data but I don’t know what’s wrong.

:)

Kenshin Kenshi, Jan 23, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Kenshin! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

May I confirm what's your Xbox model?

Have you also tried reinstalling the game on disc while your console is set offline?
  3. Rostom L Win User

Thanks for that info. Have you already tried to set your console to offline mode and insert the disc?

Please also make sure to position your console on a flat surface correctly. You may also clean your disc and make sure there are no scratches.

Please refer to the full steps here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...
  4. dethgardd Win User

Disc vs Download?

Wait I'm confused. I thought that if I installed the game I wouldn't need to insert the disc to play it. I just installed the game, then took out the disc and tried to play. Then it prompted me to put the disc back in. Sorry if this is a stupid question
    (wouldn't be my first) but why does it need the disc if I just copied all of the disc contents to my hard drive?
  5. MA71LDA Win User

Borderlands 2 Take 2

Why does everytime I start the game it asks me to install/download the Compatibility Pack? I've already installed all the 2nd disc and installed/downloaded the Compatibility Pack when I first put vanilla disc in. Yet everytime I play the game it prompts
    me to do it afain!
  6. Kanga23 Win User

My gta won’t download

On console and it’s a disc every time I try to install gta it stops and won’t install anymore it only happens with gta.
Thema:

1. Why won’t my disc install/prompt an install - Similar Threads - Why won’t disc

2. Why won’t my charge and play charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my charge and play charge: I recently bought a new shock blue controller for my Series S along with a charge and play battery pack. Suddenly the pack won’t charge in the controller. I put the charge and play battery pack in...
  3. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  4. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  5. Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?: I recently had to factory reset my Xbox. After doing so I had to start from scratch and add an account to play on. Whenever I select the “add new” account option it sits on this grey loading...
  6. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X: I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I...
  7. Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?: All of a sudden today my Xbox stopped connecting to the internet, I know it’s not a problem with the wifi as my phone and tv are connected to it and working fine. I reset the Xbox multiple times...
  8. Why won’t my mw2 disc load!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my mw2 disc load!!!: So I just bought a Xbox 360 mw2 disc from GameStop and when I put the disc into the disc reader on my Xbox one s it doesn’t show up as a disc is in the tray. I even tried going onto the Xbox app...
  9. why won’t COD BO2 disc play on my xbox one x?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why won’t COD BO2 disc play on my xbox one x?: Hey guys I don’t know if i’m just blanking out and there’s an easy solution but i have an xbox 360 cod bo2 disc and i’m trying to play it on my xbox one x, it says on google it’s backwards...
  10. Why won’t my disc work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my disc work: I was play rainbow six siege on my Xbox using game pass. When the game pass ended I put the disc I have and it keeps telling me buy more game pass when I have the disc already....