Why won't my disc install my game?

Discus and support Why won't my disc install my game? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; A couple of months ago, I was trying to install an update to Halo MCC, then uninstalled it because it wasn't working. That was a horrible mistake,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Erik Randall1, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Why won't my disc install my game?

A couple of months ago, I was trying to install an update to Halo MCC, then uninstalled it because it wasn't working. That was a horrible mistake, because the disc that Halo MCC is on won't install said game. It gets stuck at exactly 1.42GB and stays there and literally stops the installation. When I try to resume it, it still stays stuck at 1.42GB and stops again. I gave up a while ago, but I really think I need answers on why this is happening and how to fix it. I tried cleaning the disc, and the same stuff happened. Any ideas?

:)

Erik Randall1, Feb 15, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

I understand you're having trouble with installing your disc game. Kindly try the steps below and see if it helps;

- Press the menu key of the controller and go to the rightmost tab

- Go to Settings > Devices & Streaming > Blu-Ray

- In the BLU-RAY section select "Persistent Storage"

- Select Clear persistent storage 3 times.

Then do a hard reset;

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

If it still doesn't work, try installing the game from the network

1. Insert game

2. Cancel the installation (leave the disc inserted)

3. Go to the Xbox Store and search for the game

4. Instead of Buy, you'll see a "Install", select it.

5. Game will download from the Xbox Store instead of the disc.
  3. DominumStige Win User

Why won't my disc based game install?

Hi!

Which precise error does it give you?

Generally, to solve installation problems, simply clear the cache from the console by holding down the power button for 10 secs. In addition you could try to install the game by setting the console to "Offline".
  4. RICHXBOXONE2017 Win User

Why won't my disc based game install?

Hi!

Which precise error does it give you?

Generally, to solve installation problems, simply clear the cache from the console by holding down the power button for 10 secs. In addition you could try to install the game by setting the console to "Offline".
    Error number 0x800757570 I think.

I looked it up on here and it said server error or something, so I downloaded a free game to see if it worked and it did, so I suspect the problem is this particular game, as I also tried to download it after buying it digitally (even though I have the disc)
    and even that wouldn't download either.
  5. DwarfehKitteh Win User

Assassin's Creed Revelations won't load/install

I'm having the exact same problem, tried 2 brand new discs and it just won't install, I've used a disc drive cleaner and it rectified why the other game wouldn't install, but it's just Assassin's Creed: Revelations that won't install and when I try playing
    it, it freezes up.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Why won't my game install?

Hello again, try to follow the procedures below.

Using System File Checker in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

CHKDSK

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

1 - Type cmd (Command Prompt) in the search bar of the Start menu and then click Run as administrator.

2 - Enter chkdsk /f/x/r/v

The system will ask you if you want to run CHKDSK after restarting the system, press Y on your keyboard and then type "Exit" and restart the computer, it will scan in DOS mode.
Thema:

1. Why won't my disc install my game? - Similar Threads - Why won't disc

2. Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned: I have a friend who bought a fairly new xbox from Walmart in December 2023 now to ad some context this guy is stupid he doesn't know jack about software and how to hack program and tamper. He was...
  3. Why won't the controller stay connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the controller stay connected?: I have read all related questions and suggestions. Nothing is a permanent fix and I'd rather not switch systems. If there isn't a fix for this , switching is the I kt option left...
  4. why won't my controller work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't my controller work?: my controller will not work with minecraft. 2e4cb778-3a95-4135-abf7-2f8e4a9d12ca
  5. Why won't my mw3 disc show on my Xbox for download??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my mw3 disc show on my Xbox for download??: Jdhdhdhdhhdhddhdbdvdvdbdbdb 67ba46ea-f18a-4bee-9f2d-7c024f2933f3
  6. Why won't my xbox recognise my disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my xbox recognise my disc: Hi. Iv just bought the new call of duty. I got home put it into my consol it doesn't seem to reconise the disc at all so I put the disc in my old xbox one and loaded fine. So iv put a old version...
  7. Why won't my xbox recognise my discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my xbox recognise my discs: So, I recently got a Series X and while most of my games have transfered over without a problem, a few are saying things like "faster storage needed" or "do you own this game?". One comes up with...
  8. Why won't xbox series x let me install a disc offline?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox series x let me install a disc offline?: So as the question states, my Xbox is refusing to let me install disc offline, first I tried with call of duty advanced warfare and it wouldn't install, I thought oh disc must be broken. However,...
  9. Why won't my Xbox play certain discs?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my Xbox play certain discs?: I have an Xbox One X (not series) and I've used discs for awhile now, however recently, my Xbox has decided it doesn't want to run particular discs. The discs in question are: Call Of Duty: Black...
  10. Why won't Forza Horizon 4 open even though I own the disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Forza Horizon 4 open even though I own the disc?: I own the physical DVD for the Forza Horizon 4 game but do not have an Xbox Live subscription, so every time I try to play the game on my Xbox One, it won't even open, giving me an error and...