why won’t my controller work on my pc

Discus and support why won’t my controller work on my pc in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; the controller is connected usb i can use it in the game bar and stuff then when i try to use it in a cloud gaming the controller doesn’t work in game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by parkerbrazill, Dec 7, 2022.

1. why won’t my controller work on my pc

the controller is connected usb i can use it in the game bar and stuff then when i try to use it in a cloud gaming the controller doesn’t work in game i updated it, it’s turned on and works just not in game and my pc recognised it

:)

parkerbrazill, Dec 7, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Parkerbrazill, have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update, and make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.

After this try this procedure below.

My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. JDRColegio Win User

Controller gets stuck

What type of problem are you having with your controller?

MY CONTROLLER WON’T CONNECT TO MY CONSOLE OR PC -> it doesn't apply. the controller does connect to my pc

I CAN’T UPDATE MY CONTROLLER -> it doesn't apply. Xbox Accessories says it is up to date

MY CONTROLLER DOESN’T FUNCTION CORRECTLY -> somehow it doesn't. let's take this option

MY CONTROLLER WON’T POWER ON -> it doesn't apply. the controller does power on

SOME OR ALL OF THE BUTTONS ON MY CONTROLLER DON’T WORK AT ALL -> it doesn't apply. All buttons do work correctly

SOME OF THE BUTTONS ON MY CONTROLLER DON’T WORK AS EXPECTED -> it doesn't apply. All buttons do work as expected.

so:
    Xbox One Wireless Controller Solution
    doesn't have an option for the "stops working" symptom
  4. lasagnad Win User

New and old controller for series S

It won’t work with my phone/ pc. I tried connecting it to the console with a wire, putting new batteries in, and disconnecting and reconnecting and none of those worked. I’ve tried these methods on both of the controllers
  5. BenWall Cooke Win User

Xbox elite 2 not working

I definitely think it’s the new firmware aswell because when I plug it into my pc and I tried to fix it with the accessories app it said it didn’t recognise the controller with the new firmware. I tried plugging it into my Xbox the other day and it said it needed a controller update but then my controller wouldn’t work so I couldn’t update it. My controller now works occasionally if I plug it in to my pc after I open a game but if I unplug the controller or turn off the of my controller won’t work for another 24hours
  6. Hoskayra Win User

Why won’t my Xbox controller work

Hello Lewwee123 V, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, to offer you better help with the problem, I need you to answer the following questions:

Since when do you have the problem with the driver? What device are you trying to connect it to?

While you answer the questions, you can try the following:

1. Check battery level: Replace controller batteries with new ones, or make sure rechargeable controllers can be recharged. (Do this if your controller still has power; low batteries can cause issues and functionality.)

2. Turn the console completely off and turn it back on: Press and hold the Xbox button  for 5-10 seconds, until the controller turns off. Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the Xbox button  again to turn the controller back on.

Information Source (Credits): https://support.xbox.com/help/hardw...#:~:text=Test otro cable o puerto,el control% 22%20a%20continuation%C3%B3n).

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
Thema:

1. why won’t my controller work on my pc - Similar Threads - why won’t controller

2. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  3. Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?: I recently had to factory reset my Xbox. After doing so I had to start from scratch and add an account to play on. Whenever I select the “add new” account option it sits on this grey loading...
  4. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...
  5. Why won’t my Xbox controller work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox controller work: Tried calling Microsoft for help with an Xbox controller as it will not turn on. I called Microsoft and it just repeatedly says the same things, I want to speak to an agent on the phone but it...
  6. Why won’t my Xbox connect to my controller

in XboX Insiders
    Why won’t my Xbox connect to my controller: Whenever I turn on my Xbox controller it never connects and it infuriates me, I Kon it may not sound like it but I don’t want to come off in any way. I’ve tried everything, connecting a charger to...
  7. Why won’t my Xbox connect to the tv or controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my Xbox connect to the tv or controller: I just moved it from one room to another and it turns on but it’ll turn off after 5 minutes, it won’t sync with the controller and the tv won’t bring up anything 91554bea-535f-4835-b708-6891c5fe6422
  8. Where is my controller replacement and why won’t anyone call me?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where is my controller replacement and why won’t anyone call me?: My controller was... a custom Elite Series 2, the website says Your replacement device has been delivered, below that it says 11/10/23 the supposed delivery date then below the date it says Order...
  9. Why won’t my Xbox series 2 elite controller turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox series 2 elite controller turn on: My Xbox series 2 elite controller just stopped working today and idk what to do bb9108a5-2041-47e5-8bae-736472097920
  10. why won’t my console start when my controller is on?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why won’t my console start when my controller is on?: why won’t my console start when my controller is on? a8d5678b-7b12-4d9b-9eba-7b2ae913eb92