Why won't my controller connect to my xbox?

Discus and support Why won't my controller connect to my xbox? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I went and turned on my Xbox series s controller and it turns on but it doesn't want to connect to my xbox and it's just pairing and won't connect and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by cherice beard, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Why won't my controller connect to my xbox?

I went and turned on my Xbox series s controller and it turns on but it doesn't want to connect to my xbox and it's just pairing and won't connect and you can sit there and try to press the buttons and nothing works besides the on and off button unless I'm not troubleshooting it right but it's connecting to my phone perfectly fine

:)

cherice beard, Nov 17, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

We just need to perform troubleshooting steps.

Kindly perform a powercycle on your console by following the steps below:

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Unplug your console for 5 minutes.

3. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  3. Isaac Molina1 Win User

Problems with Xbox Wireless Controller trigger buttons on PC

so in troubleshooting and deeper looking, it would appear that my PC does not inherently come with bluetooth, the only thing really connecting my controller has been the wireless adapter, although it still doesn't answer why a wired connection won't suffice. it jsut won't pick up the existence of my controller
  4. iBeaverson Win User

Xbox 360 controller syncing issues

I have 0 controllers connected to my Xbox because I can't connect any. It isn't just my one controller that won't connect, none of my 4 controllers will.
  5. XA JJKILLERs Win User

My xbox won't boot up or connect my controller

The light on my xbox will come on but won't come through the TV and the controller will not connect to the xbox does anyone know why this is happening?
    Try to use the cable or swap battery
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

XBox Elite Series 2 unplugged from PC using USB won't auto connect to Bluetooth

That doesnt make any sense. Why would you design a bluetooth protocol on your own OS that didnt auto connect?
    It should auto connect. My controller does.

The only time my Xbox One controller won't auto connect is when I've connected it to my gaming PC via USB to charge the battery. After this I have to re-sync the controller. But I only have to do this for the duration of the battery charge. My controller
    auto syncs first time from Windows boot up.

The issue is that the controller has two wireless protocols. It does not use Bluetooth with the wireless gaming receiver, or when connected to an Xbox console.

If your controller won't auto connect then there must be something wrong with your Bluetooth hardware on your PC. Have you tried a Bluetooth dongle to test this out?
Thema:

1. Why won't my controller connect to my xbox? - Similar Threads - Why won't controller

2. Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned: I have a friend who bought a fairly new xbox from Walmart in December 2023 now to ad some context this guy is stupid he doesn't know jack about software and how to hack program and tamper. He was...
  3. Why won't the controller stay connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the controller stay connected?: I have read all related questions and suggestions. Nothing is a permanent fix and I'd rather not switch systems. If there isn't a fix for this , switching is the I kt option left...
  4. why won't my controller work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't my controller work?: my controller will not work with minecraft. 2e4cb778-3a95-4135-abf7-2f8e4a9d12ca
  5. Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?: It works just fine on my Xbox Series S wirelessly and when connected to my PC via USB cable, but it will not stay connected to the PC via the wireless adaptor. This only started recently. It will...
  6. I put Duracell rechargeable AA batteries in my Xbox controller. Why won't they recharge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I put Duracell rechargeable AA batteries in my Xbox controller. Why won't they recharge...: It seems to me that if the batteries are rechargeable, they should be able to be recharged while installed in the controller. I don't understand, other than greed, why Xbox would require the use...
  7. Why won't windows 11 install Xbox controller drivers?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't windows 11 install Xbox controller drivers?: I have a Windows 11 PC and it will not update the controller driver. When I plug in a controller it shows up in device manager with the little yellow icon that shows there is a problem and when I...
  8. Why won't my Elite 2 controller Connect to Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Elite 2 controller Connect to Xbox One?: Hi. I recently bought an Xbox Elite 2 controller. It was purchased new. It connects to my PC, but won't connect to the Xbox One in the house. Sometimes it connects and I can make 2 clicks...
  9. Why won't my controller respond

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't my controller respond: I got the elite series 2 controller and iv Sync it to my Xbox, it will not respond. e8f54c9e-b27b-40ee-a619-e67d96e922b7
  10. why won't fifa 23 controller settings save?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why won't fifa 23 controller settings save?: When i'm playing fifa I can't save controller settings on second account. one account lets me change settings (auto/manual shot assist, player lock, etc) but the other goes back to what it...