Why won't my account give me access to downloaded games or game play?

Discus and support Why won't my account give me access to downloaded games or game play? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have the same Xbox with my "Legacy" account and all my sign in credentials. I have access to my email, the log ins, everything. It will say I am... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Kelpie Kristyne, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Why won't my account give me access to downloaded games or game play?

I have the same Xbox with my "Legacy" account and all my sign in credentials. I have access to my email, the log ins, everything. It will say I am signed in on Xbox as well as the internet for both my ubisoft and Microsoft account. I can change my password, email, 2-step verification! I have complete access to my account. However, it says I need to reassociate it with the same account I originally created..... but it is?! I can't access games I purchased and downloaded. I can't access my game data for Valhalla, Skyrim, farcry, etc. Any help or advice as to what kind of glitch this is? I even did a factory reset and it says I need to reassociate the account.

:)

Kelpie Kristyne, Nov 8, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Kelpie

Did you tried checking the username/gamertag linked to your Ubisoft account?

For this go to the Ubisoft linked accounts section: https://account.ubisoft.com/account-information

And please verify this, if a different username/gamertag appears. Sadly you need to reconnect that account. Because as stated in the official Ubisoft linking other accounts FAQ:

"You can unlink your accounts at any time. However, you will only be able to re-link the same account you had originally connected to your Ubisoft account."

Source: https://www.ubisoft.com/help/account/article/li...
  3. MattNelson925 Win User

minecraft java not available on game pass?

I have a similar issue. I can download the launcher but it won't update. When I try to download the windows version of the game it gives me an error code 0x803F8001.

The game has fully launched but is not giving access to play.
  4. Nixelplex Win User

Xbox family sharing game pass

The setup I have at my house is My account is the Primary account (Gold, gamepass, EA Access) and the Console in the Living room has the Whole Family's Profiles and is set to My Home console.

My console in the Den just has my Profile on it. When I go to purchase any games I always do it with my profile.

This gives anyone access to my Games and the games I have downloaded to the console in the living without me needing to be logged into that console. It also allows me to play any game on my console down in the den.

They will not be able to download stuff from Gamepass using their account. They will have to log into your account download it to the Xbox they play on and then be able to play it. So it does cause an extra step, but it's not bad.

Hope that makes sense and helps.
  5. MisterFizzle Win User

Can't play downloaded games.

Hey there Night,

Happy Wars is an online only game for Gold members, so you won't have access to that game as a silver member.

• Are you getting that same download error when you try to download Minecraft?
    • Are you trying to download with the account that you purchased it on and the console you purchased it on?

If Minecraft is giving you an issue when you try to play multiplayer online, that will also be an issue with being a silver member, as online play is exclusive to Gold accounts.
  6. Andrea.H.Hennings Win User

Minecraft

They do not recognize my old account. They are telling me to get a new game tag, or giving me some ridiculous name and want that I buy the game. That is not happening. I want my old account access or I do not play the game.
Thema:

1. Why won't my account give me access to downloaded games or game play? - Similar Threads - Why won't account

2. Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account: When I try to sign in to my existing account to my xbox 360 it will not let me sign in I have an account on my xbox one that's lets me sign in fine but it won't let me on my xbox 360...
  3. Why won't my Discord and Xbox accounts properly link?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won't my Discord and Xbox accounts properly link?: I've done the linking process on both the Xbox and Discord app, it says they're linked on both apps, however anytime I try to join a Discord voice channel on Xbox it says "You need to link...
  4. why won't my xbox register i've re linked my discord account. i've uodate my console and it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why won't my xbox register i've re linked my discord account. i've uodate my console and it...: So i went to go on discord today on my xbox and it wasn't working saying i had to delink my account. that was two hours ago, i've done that over 8 times since then and it's STILL not working. i've...
  5. My XBOX account location won't update to my actual country. Why is that?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My XBOX account location won't update to my actual country. Why is that?: I am trying to change my gamertag and the process is working up until the part where I have to add a billing option. My preferred billing option saved in my Microsoft account does not show up in...
  6. Why won't my series x let me add my cousins xbox account onto my console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't my series x let me add my cousins xbox account onto my console: In trying to add my cousins add my cousins account to my xbox so I can play some of his games and every time I try to sign in I have to put the info in twice and then it gives me a infinite...
  7. Why won't Game Pass Ultimate work for all accounts on designated home console?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't Game Pass Ultimate work for all accounts on designated home console?: I verified my console is designated as the home console. My account, the primary account for the family, has the game pass ultimate subscription. The other accounts on my home console are supposed...
  8. Why won't Xbox Live let me log in to my account when I press the 'Log In' button?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't Xbox Live let me log in to my account when I press the 'Log In' button?: Hi! I'm trying to change my Minecraft username (bedrock), so I looked it up and saw that I needed to do it via Xbox. Well, I go to the website and press the sign-in button at the top, sign into my...
  9. Why won't Ghost recon: wildlands use my xbox account save?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Ghost recon: wildlands use my xbox account save?: Why is it when I install Ghost Recon: wildlands and click play through the xbox pc...the game doesnt use my xbox game save or my xbox account even though its is linked to my ubisoft account? It...
  10. Why won't my Minecraft account migrate properly?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't my Minecraft account migrate properly?: After clicking the link to migrate my account, I was able to sign in to my Mojang account, press "Let's Start Moving", get and plug in code from my email, create my Microsoft account, and then get...