Why won’t modern warfare 2 allow me to play multiplayer despite having the disk inserted

Discus and support Why won’t modern warfare 2 allow me to play multiplayer despite having the disk inserted in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have recently bought a new Xbox and have tried to play modern warfare 2s multiplayer on it. Whenever I go to play I get the message telling me I need... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Alex Booth, Mar 7, 2023.

1. Alex Booth
    Alex Booth Guest

Why won’t modern warfare 2 allow me to play multiplayer despite having the disk inserted

I have recently bought a new Xbox and have tried to play modern warfare 2s multiplayer on it. Whenever I go to play I get the message telling me I need to purchase modern warfare 2 in order to play the game. I have tried resetting the console and have the disk in the Xbox.

:)

Alex Booth, Mar 7, 2023
  2. Alex Booth Win User

I’m embarrassed to say that I’ve found the issue and it was incredibly stupid. I had put the disk in the wrong way round. Safe to say I won’t be making that mistake again.
  3. HomegrownSilky Win User

Do you have an active Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass Ultimate subscription? With the exception of "Free to Play" games, all other online multiplayer games require an Xbox Subscription.
  4. DeniqL Win User

Oh, I´m glad it is solved now haha :)
  5. DeniqL Win User

Hmm no, it should not be a problem.

Was the warzone version of the game installed previously?
  6. DeniqL Win User

Okay, can you uninstall the game and then try and install it again through the disc?
Thema:

1. Why won’t modern warfare 2 allow me to play multiplayer despite having the disk inserted - Similar Threads - Why won’t modern

2. Why won’t my charge and play charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my charge and play charge: I recently bought a new shock blue controller for my Series S along with a charge and play battery pack. Suddenly the pack won’t charge in the controller. I put the charge and play battery pack in...
  3. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  4. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  5. Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?: I recently had to factory reset my Xbox. After doing so I had to start from scratch and add an account to play on. Whenever I select the “add new” account option it sits on this grey loading...
  6. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X: I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I...
  7. Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?: All of a sudden today my Xbox stopped connecting to the internet, I know it’s not a problem with the wifi as my phone and tv are connected to it and working fine. I reset the Xbox multiple times...
  8. Why won’t it let me download an add on, in modern warfare?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t it let me download an add on, in modern warfare?: To play modern warfare it tells me to download all the add-ons, but there is one which i cannot download. I can press install and see it in queue but when it starts to download it says update the...
  9. Why won’t my modern warfare 2 download it just gets stuck on installing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my modern warfare 2 download it just gets stuck on installing: So I tried playing modern warfare 2 but it said that it was corrupted and needed to be reinstalled but now it won’t reinstall. I’m downloading a disc and I have enough storage for it. I’m also not...
  10. Why won’t my modern warfare 2 download it just keeps getting stuck on installing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my modern warfare 2 download it just keeps getting stuck on installing: So I tried playing modern warfare 2 but it said that it was corrupted and needed to be reinstalled but now it won’t reinstall 5e4fae5d-c91c-440a-bcfe-86c40cbff2fb