Why won't Minecraft Launcher download?

Discus and support Why won't Minecraft Launcher download? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Minecraft launcher is failing to download and install from the Microsoft store. I've previously used the Windows 7/8 launcher for the game, due to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PHWMBA, May 29, 2023.

1. PHWMBA
    PHWMBA Guest

Minecraft launcher is failing to download and install from the Microsoft store. I've previously used the Windows 7/8 launcher for the game, due to having this problem for many months, however, I'm needing to download the Windows 10 version as I can't access both games (java & win) on the old launcher.

(I am on Windows 10, but was told to use the 7/8 launcher to use Java, but due to the migration of both games together and accidentally uninstalling bedrock, I need the Windows 10 launcher to launch both)

• Tried installing from minecraft website themselves and apparently there's a communication error with my Microsoft store.

• Tried installing from the store itself and it's constantly stuck on pending.

I've been through all the tips and tricks on a variety of forums many months ago, so now I'm at a loss of what to do to get it fixed and working.

:)

PHWMBA, May 29, 2023
  2. Pxlz22 Win User

Hello PHWMBA! I'm Nicolas an Independent advisor i will try my best to help you with your issue.

Is a common error that is appearing not only in Minecraft but on all the games or launchers too, even I had this problems a few weeks ago!

What worked for me is reseting Microsoft Store going into the Apps configuration from Windows itself in this order:

Settings > Apps > Apps and features > Search for Microsoft Store > Advanced options > Use the Reset button.

If this doesn't work you can try on typing in the searhbar of Windows "WSreset" and press the green icon with the logo of microsoft store.

Please update me if this doesn't fix it so we can keep looking for problems together!
  3. Farscape247 Win User

Get your act together.

why use the launcher, i use minecraft direct without the launcher, you have the option to install minecraft with or without launcher in the xbox app.
  4. MrQuackDuck Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition is not updating to new versions on my PC.

Minecraft Launcher has released but anyway it's downloading 1.17.10 version (even through Minecraft Launcher). Of course i can download the newest version of Minecraft Windows 10 Edtion through unofficial launcher but it's a little unpleasant when the newest version isn't downloading from official source :(
  5. Phoenixblue022 Win User

Cant play Minecraft after account migration

When I click buy from the Minecraft launcher it takes me to this website https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/store/minecraft-java-edition?ref=Launcher I'm not logged in and it has the option to purchase Minecraft but after logging in to the that website with same Microsoft account that I had logged into the Minecraft launcher with the purchase option is replaced with Already own Minecraft? Download it again. and the launcher download button.
  6. Kev1414 Win User

Unable to download Minecraft Launcher on laptop, any reasons to why?

I have completed the tasks but still unable to download Minecraft Launcher, however I am able to install minecraft installer after pressing the link but not minecraft launcher.
Thema:

1. Why won't Minecraft Launcher download? - Similar Threads - Why won't Minecraft

2. Why won't Minecraft let me close a pop-up ad?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Minecraft let me close a pop-up ad?: When trying to play minecraft today, the game gave me a pop-up for a new years sale with indicators saying "B to close" or " A to close" but while trying to close it I realized my inputs were...
  3. Why won't Minecraft launcher let me get past the verification page?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't Minecraft launcher let me get past the verification page?: I'm logged into the correct account on Microsoft store, I have downloaded the launcher, I am logged into my Mojang account on the website. Every time I try to log into the launcher it asks me for...
  4. Why won't my minecraft work?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't my minecraft work?: Last year around summer 2022 I bought minecraft Java with the bundle of the bedrock version also included but this year when I try to play with my friends on my computer it tells me to buy...
  5. Why won't my Minecraft update to the latest release when its already on the latest release...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my Minecraft update to the latest release when its already on the latest release...: I'm trying to play with my best friend on Minecraft whos on mobile and I'm on PC, hers is updated to 1.20.41 and mine is 1.20.30. I put my option to latest release and tried relaunching it but its...
  6. Why won't it let me change my skin on Minecraft Java?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't it let me change my skin on Minecraft Java?: Every time I click "use" on a skin I uploaded to Minecraft, it gives me a little message in the corner that says "Sorry! Something unexpected went wrong..." I've tried uninstalling the launcher...
  7. Why won't it let me sign in to my Minecraft on my phone? Please help me.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't it let me sign in to my Minecraft on my phone? Please help me.: I am trying to log into Minecraft but it won't let me. I am on mobile Minecraft and I have a account it is Tony Call. It says Drowned and I resetted my phone and even delete app and redownload it....
  8. Why won't Minecraft for windows install?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Minecraft for windows install?: I have been trying to install Minecraft for windows on my pc for the past 3 hours now and it has been stuck on Downloading 96.86 MB / 96.86 MB for about 30 minutes. It seems like its having a hard...
  9. Why won't my Minecraft account migrate properly?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't my Minecraft account migrate properly?: After clicking the link to migrate my account, I was able to sign in to my Mojang account, press "Let's Start Moving", get and plug in code from my email, create my Microsoft account, and then get...
  10. why won't my Xbox game pass let me play minecraft Java?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why won't my Xbox game pass let me play minecraft Java?: I have Xbox game pass on my pc and I have minecraft Java installed, but everytime I go on launcher to play it it says buy now instead of allowing me to play, even though I the game pass, any way...