Why won’t Microsoft/Dolby fix the audio lag on the Xbox series x after thousands of...

Discus and support Why won’t Microsoft/Dolby fix the audio lag on the Xbox series x after thousands of... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The audio lag between the Xbox series x and a Dolby atmos enabled soundbar is ridiculous. Why hasn’t this been fixed in over two years since the series... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by erik verholy, Feb 2, 2023.

1. erik verholy
    erik verholy Guest

Why won’t Microsoft/Dolby fix the audio lag on the Xbox series x after thousands of...

The audio lag between the Xbox series x and a Dolby atmos enabled soundbar is ridiculous. Why hasn’t this been fixed in over two years since the series x came out?

:)

erik verholy, Feb 2, 2023
  2. erik verholy Win User

Why won’t Microsoft/Dolby fix the audio lag on the Xbox series x after thousands of complaints over the last two years?

My tv doesn’t support 4K at 120hz. It’s 60hz maximum and still have audio lag
  3. Miguel Molina O Win User

Why won’t Microsoft/Dolby fix the audio lag on the Xbox series x after thousands of complaints over the last two years?

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

Some users have reported audio/visual sync issues while playing some games on the Xbox Series X with Dolby Atmos enabled. A/V latency problems normally occur because of specific hardware compatibility issues, faulty hardware like cables, or incorrect configuration on one or more devices. For the Xbox Series X, users should double-check the below checklist to make sure your setup fully supports Dolby Atmos.

1. Are you connected to your TV or AVR using ARC or eARC?

2. Are you using HDMI 2.1 supported cables?

3. Does your AVR/soundbar support HDMI 2.1?

4. Is your TV configured correctly to use ARC or eARC?

5. Is Atmos enabled correctly on your Xbox Series X?

6. Have you checked your AVR for any A/V sync settings to adjust?

7. Do you notice A/V sync with all content or just specific content?

Additionally, one setting in the Xbox Series X that is known to cause some A/V sync errors is the feature to play content in 4k 120hz. This setting has been shown to cause audio delays with some hardware when playing Dolby Atmos content. Microsoft is currently looking into this issue. For a temporary solution, users should change the setting to 60hz.

Please see any of the above items apply to your system and fix as necessary. If you believe all is in correct order, please contact Dolby support to follow up with more troubleshooting.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.
  4. Geri M. Win User

When will Microsoft fix Dolby ATMOS audio latency on the Xbox?

Hello jesseinsf94122,

We really appreciate for the time and effort that you have extended to us.

What we have found out an article for some Dolby errors;

Audio delay on Xbox Series X

Question: Some games or movies on the Xbox Series X have audio/video sync issues, how can we fix this?

Answer: Dolby is currently investigating any A/V sync related issues while playing some games or watching some movies on the Xbox Series X with Dolby Atmos enabled. A/V latency problems normally occur because of specific hardware compatibility issues, faulty hardware, or incorrect configuration on one or more devices. For the Xbox Series X, users should double-check the below checklist to make sure your setup fully supports Dolby Atmos.

1. Are you connected to your TV or AVR using eARC?

4. Is your TV configured correctly to use eARC?

Additionally, one setting in the Xbox Series X that is known to cause some A/V sync errors is the feature to play content in 4k 120hz. This setting has been shown to cause audio delays with some hardware when playing Dolby Atmos content. Microsoft is currently looking into this issue. For a temporary solution, users should change the setting to 60hz.

Please see any of the above items apply to your system and fix as necessary. If you believe all is in correct order, please contact Dolby support to follow up with more troubleshooting.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know. We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Geri M. Win User

Atmos Delay fix (worked for me, at least) and audio detection issues

Hello SteveVrettos,

We really appreciate for the time and effort that you have extended with us here on Xbox Forums.

We would like to ask if the solution you have tried work well with you or are you still experiencing an audio delay?

We would also like to share with you some issues the same with your issue.

Audio delay on Xbox Series X

Question: Some games or movies on the Xbox Series X have audio/video sync issues, how can we fix this?

Answer: Dolby is currently investigating any A/V sync related issues while playing some games or watching some movies on the Xbox Series X with Dolby Atmos enabled. A/V latency problems normally occur because of specific hardware compatibility issues, faulty hardware, or incorrect configuration on one or more devices. For the Xbox Series X, users should double-check the below checklist to make sure your setup fully supports Dolby Atmos.

1. Are you connected to your TV or AVR using eARC?

4. Is your TV configured correctly to use eARC?

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know. We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Xbox Series X audio lag is not just in GAMES

Hello jesseinsf94122,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on your description, you are experiencing audio lag issues with your Xbox Series X. As a Microsoft customer support agent, I can assure you that we take all customer feedback seriously and strive to provide the best possible support.

Regarding your issue, have you tried connecting your soundbar directly to your Xbox Series X instead of through your TV's eARC connection? This may help to eliminate any potential lag caused by the TV.

Additionally, you may want to try adjusting the audio settings on your Xbox Series X to see if that helps.

By the way, do you mind testing the audio lag in these setups:

• Xbox Series X (using HDMI 2.1 connection) - Samsung Neo QLED 4K Smart TV (2022) (QN85B)
    • Xbox Series X (using HDMI 2.1 connection) - Samsung Neo QLED 4K Smart TV (2022) (QN85B) - any headset/headphone compatible with Xbox Console

Let me know if you experience same audio lag with the above set up. If yes, this could have something to do with the update of Xbox Series X and reporting this concern to the Team Xbox will help as they would replicate and investigate the issue. However, if this issue happens only when using the soundbar you may need to look for settings for the soundbar to produce the audio without lag (delaying) it.

We have notice that you've done extensive troubleshooting for your audio set up and yet the audio lag persists. You may try the troubleshoot audio steps from this support article: Troubleshoot audio on your Xbox console | Xbox Support. If you already performed this then, consider consulting your soundbar manufacturer for performance specifications.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Why won’t Microsoft/Dolby fix the audio lag on the Xbox series x after thousands of... - Similar Threads - Why won’t Microsoft

2. Why won’t my charge and play charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my charge and play charge: I recently bought a new shock blue controller for my Series S along with a charge and play battery pack. Suddenly the pack won’t charge in the controller. I put the charge and play battery pack in...
  3. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  4. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  5. Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?: I recently had to factory reset my Xbox. After doing so I had to start from scratch and add an account to play on. Whenever I select the “add new” account option it sits on this grey loading...
  6. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X: I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I...
  7. Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?: All of a sudden today my Xbox stopped connecting to the internet, I know it’s not a problem with the wifi as my phone and tv are connected to it and working fine. I reset the Xbox multiple times...
  8. Why won’t Xbox sign me in?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won’t Xbox sign me in?: Why won’t Xbox sign me in? It keeps logging me out everytime I try to log in? Microsoft comes up & says “ you have logged out “ when I literally JUST logged in 9f58c443-93b7-430a-b2da-d24b89192cd2
  9. Why won’t the money from the gift card that says I’ve redeemed show up when I try to buy...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t the money from the gift card that says I’ve redeemed show up when I try to buy...: I need help with my gift card that says I have redeemed wont let me use the money or show up on my Xbox except for the Microsoft account credit saying it was redeemed...
  10. Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...: So I got suspended recently and I finally am able to get back on and I realize I can’t type in chat because it says my Microsoft account doesn’t allow that. I have tried everything please help me....