Why won't Microsoft allow a game to be moved from 1 account to another?

Discus and support Why won't Microsoft allow a game to be moved from 1 account to another? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Other than greed which is the obvious answer, why doesn't Microsoft allow a game to be moved from one account to another? For years we had one account... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by IrritatedMOMwhospenttoomu, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Why won't Microsoft allow a game to be moved from 1 account to another?

Other than greed which is the obvious answer, why doesn't Microsoft allow a game to be moved from one account to another?

For years we had one account because my younger son was too young to have his own. We purchased all of the games on one account. Now my older son has moved and my younger son has an account, but he isn't able to play any of the games we spent $100s on.

I'm extremely disappointed that Microsoft doesn't allow for transferring the ownership of games.

:)

IrritatedMOMwhospenttoomu, Feb 10, 2021
  2. IrritatedMOMwhospent Win User

So if son #2 puts his account on son #1's xbox (in another city) son #2 can access the games on son #1s xbox?

Is that the "game sharing?" If so, that won't work since son #1 game shares with someone else.

So really this is why we should have been buying discs this entire time. Same price, different outcome.
  3. [Farscape] Win User

because you own a licence to play the game not the actual game, licences cannot be transferred from 1 acount to another, this applies to most platforms.

this is not just microsofts terms but the devs and publishers too.

you can have your account on his xbox and make it your home console then he can access the games from his account.
  4. EdragonXX Win User

Manage Account Region

You can't change your region!

Microsoft not allow people move from one country to another. They can't understand that Europe is free and people can easily move from one region to another! Answer is always same: "make new account"!
  5. BeardyDude Win User

Why can't you just make a simple app that works? Starfield mods broken, can't migrate game installs, can't install on >16TB volume, errors galore.

1) Not true, and you disprove yourself in your own screenshot - as it says - "in games that do not allow modded content". That's a rule aimed at cheats for multiplayer games, quite rightly. Starfield specifically does "allow" modding, and the forthcoming modders toolbox just reaffirms that it is NOT "forbidden". It in no way excuses the technical failure on Microsoft's part to facilitate such modification to games on their platform.

2) The specific way Microsoft has chosen to implement the DRM - different to any other publishers platform - is THE PROBLEM, (tm). Not helpful.

3) That works to move a game from one drive to another on the same system where the games were installed. It does not work to move the game to another system over the LAN, or to retrieve games from a hard drive pulled from another system, or other such circumstances.
  6. brandiesel1 Win User

Region locked games

Another reason why I also bought a PS3 and another good move by Microsoft by removing region locked games from the Xbox ONE.
Thema:

1. Why won't Microsoft allow a game to be moved from 1 account to another? - Similar Threads - Why won't Microsoft

2. Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account: When I try to sign in to my existing account to my xbox 360 it will not let me sign in I have an account on my xbox one that's lets me sign in fine but it won't let me on my xbox 360...
  3. Microsoft Minesweeper - why won't it load?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Minesweeper - why won't it load?: Minesweeper won't launch today. Tried a repair, a reset and a fresh install. 36c8a75c-14fa-428a-b9f4-5cc65e21ae7a
  4. Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?: Hello, After spending HOURS following guides, downloading the xbox family app, increasing the allowed age settings, using both the PX family settings and the xbox app, and still my kid can't even...
  5. why won't microsoft assist with problems everyone is experiencing buying anything in the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why won't microsoft assist with problems everyone is experiencing buying anything in the...: pGCgJB2OvOICqF34fA7VJZ.8.7 your store is useless. your support is useless. this renders my xbox useless. why am I even trying to buy your games, you suck. close this thread like you do all...
  6. Why won't 'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't 'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it,...: Why won't'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it, re-installed it, and it still won't load.! c2724715-1cd8-4f5f-8f9b-7a13e12749dc
  7. Why won't Microsoft send me my Xbox nack.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft send me my Xbox nack.: So I sent my Xbox in for warranty repair on June 24th 23 and the repair was allegedly completed and set for return on the 27th. However, it is now October and my xbox has not been sent back to me....
  8. Why won't my Microsoft store open on my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Microsoft store open on my Xbox?: When I click on Microsoft store nothing happens. When I try to click on the option to view a game on the Microsoft store it closes the window but never opens the store. Being its a Seies S with no...
  9. Why won't Microsoft Store let me install Broforce

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Microsoft Store let me install Broforce: Microsoft Store is not letting me install Broforce. I have Game Pass but it's just not letting me install it. I'm on Series X 0894d663-85b1-4ee8-9fde-fc1b59f26cba
  10. Why won't Microsoft store update games the same time as xbox gets the,?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Microsoft store update games the same time as xbox gets the,?: Tired of waiting 24+ hours for a game that is online only to be updated to newest version so it can be played again. Ark servers updated to 962.1 yesterday and still the next day Microsoft store...