Why won’t it let me make another gamer tag when I bought it for $10

Discus and support Why won’t it let me make another gamer tag when I bought it for $10 in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So basically I bought the gamer tag thing that lets me buy and change my gamer tag and it won’t let me change it though... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jayvin Brown, Mar 10, 2023.

1. Jayvin Brown
    Jayvin Brown Guest

So basically I bought the gamer tag thing that lets me buy and change my gamer tag and it won’t let me change it though

:)

Jayvin Brown, Mar 10, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Jayvin!

Did you mean you already changed your gamertag to a new one which didn't apply successfully? Make sure to check your order history if your payment for gamertag change was successful through https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/
  3. Jayvin Brown Win User

Correct. I bought the pass to change my gamertag for $10 but once the transaction when through it never allowed me to change it and is asking me to purchase the pass again for another $10. Is there a link I can be sent to update it?
  4. ~Saryn~ Win User

Gamer tag

For me it just says "Something went wrong. Try your gamer tag again" and won’t do anything. Even trying it online doesn’t work. Won’t let me confirm that I want to change it.
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

Why won’t it let me change my gamer tag?

also the account could have been banned or locked out or set very private therefore searching it will show no results.

Also the gamertag system has to take into account the meaning of words globally as to not offend as xbox live is a global service.

cookie muncher has a really really bad meaning in Hungarian lol. lets just say you do not want to be associated as one (the cookie part).
  6. Smwutches Win User

Why won’t it let me change my gamer tag?

If the system says it's in use, then it's in use somewhere on the servers. Keep in mind that things like spaces do not make a gamertag unique. The tag is already in use without the space.
Thema:

1. Why won’t it let me make another gamer tag when I bought it for $10 - Similar Threads - Why won’t let

2. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  3. Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?: I recently had to factory reset my Xbox. After doing so I had to start from scratch and add an account to play on. Whenever I select the “add new” account option it sits on this grey loading...
  4. Why won’t it let me switch ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t it let me switch ?: It’s a whole new year and the exact same day it says I can switch again but it don’t work. It keep saying you already switched 5 times this yr , you’ll be able to switch it again on 1/24/2024....
  5. Why won’t it let me connect my Xbox to epic game account keeps saying it’s already...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won’t it let me connect my Xbox to epic game account keeps saying it’s already...: Keeps saying my Xbox network account is already connected to another epic game account and idk how or what account that is like to get my account fixed right so I can play games...
  6. Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...: So I got suspended recently and I finally am able to get back on and I realize I can’t type in chat because it says my Microsoft account doesn’t allow that. I have tried everything please help me....
  7. why did it let me buy just dance 2024 on my xbox 1 but won’t let me play it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why did it let me buy just dance 2024 on my xbox 1 but won’t let me play it?: it won’t let me ply just dance 2024 but it let me buy it on my xbox 1 ed0b8026-591b-41cd-a723-2e9e3ffd00f6
  8. Why on pc gamepass it won’t let me download vahalla it show loading and is grey

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why on pc gamepass it won’t let me download vahalla it show loading and is grey: Vahalla won’t download on pc on gamepass is grey out and it stay loading and no option to download it cb0fb9cd-17ee-4517-ba32-94ec1657f80e
  9. Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.: How do I fix a game that just says installation stopped every time I try and download it. b8aa3724-e6f7-45f1-8f30-d4a42379b4ae
  10. My Xbox S won’t let me download the past version of Minecraft why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox S won’t let me download the past version of Minecraft why?: I’ve hade this Xbox for almost two years no complications but it won’t let me download the older version of Minecraft no matter how many times I press install and then is says Install you can play...