Why won't it let me download games from the Xbox App? (Minecraft: Java Edition, in this case).

Discus and support Why won't it let me download games from the Xbox App? (Minecraft: Java Edition, in this case). in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have just got a brand new pc, and I've been trying to figure out why I can't download Minecraft for the past hour or so. I have tried on the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nathan Joubert, Aug 24, 2022.

1. Why won't it let me download games from the Xbox App? (Minecraft: Java Edition, in this case).

I have just got a brand new pc, and I've been trying to figure out why I can't download Minecraft for the past hour or so. I have tried on the Xbox app, via the Minecraft website, and on the Microsoft store. Yet, every time, I just get an error message saying nothing but the fact that there was an error, along with the code 0x801901a0. I am operating on Windows 11 and a brand new pc that literally arrived just over 90 minutes ago. I have searched through Xbox help pages, only to find that this error code isn't even on the error code page. Trying from the Microsoft store just tells me to install from Xbox app, and so I am back to the original problem. Going from the Minecraft Launcher Installer just says something went wrong, and gives the same error code as previously stated. My PC can easily handle Minecraft, and I have more than enough storage on my drive. Please help me.

The link to the PC: https://www.ebuyer.com/1414600-medi...mTs3SS0NZNWcmenMhzvo4QsFtMRiwP7xoCTu0QAvD_BwE

Why won't it let me download games from the Xbox App? (Minecraft: Java Edition, in this case). [​IMG]

Why won't it let me download games from the Xbox App? (Minecraft: Java Edition, in this case). [​IMG]

:)

Nathan Joubert, Aug 24, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Why won't it let me download games from the Xbox App? (Minecraft: Java Edition, in this case).

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Nathan

Please try the next and let me know how it goes:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too.

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account and install minecraft launcher
  3. ASteam Win User

CLiP license id does not match the device in the bound device license

I don't get an error code accept for "an error occurred on our end" and a manual install also does not work.

Also is their three packages for the minecraft launcher?

One that is for both java edition and inecragt for Windows

The second java edition

The third minecraft for windows.

I did eventually get a version to work since the old launcher redirected me to the new launcher which I installed and did let me install minecraft for windows version.

However the store version which downloads java edition and something else never worked.

Not by reseting not by uninstalling and reinstalling not by downloading from the minecraft website and manually downloading.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Can anyone see a solution to my Minecraft problem? Skip to 2:00 on the video

Thanks, before the migration
    You usually played minecraft Java Edition or Bedrock?

I ask this due to if you're saying the Xbox gamertag, it's because you're playing the Bedrock edition and progress between Bedrock and Java is not shared.

Also in case you didn't try it, may I know if you tried using another minecraft launcher? (In case it's Java)
    install the Launcher marked as Windows 7/8 from this page - https://minecraft.net/download
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Minecraft Java Edition just to install Java manually??

Hello Tuvshin Jargal,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

Based on the description, you are trying to install Minecraft Java Edition in your PC and you are trying to ask if the Minecraft Launcher comes with Java 19 that supports mods. Let us see how we can help.

Minecraft: Java Edition can be downloaded and installed from Microsoft store and Xbox app by downloading the Minecraft Launcher. With regards to your concern if Minecraft launcher comes with Java 19 that supports mods, the best way to get an assistance from this is contacting directly the game developer support because they have the right resources and information with regards to the software. Let us help you how to reach them.

You can also check the official article through the link below from the game developer site that outlines on how to install Minecraft: Java Edition in PC.

To reach Minecraft support and submit a ticket, refer to the link below:

We are positive that you’ll get more relevant information and best resolution to your concern.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Can you get minecraft java and bedrock edition with a xbox giftcard?

Once you purchased the game from here
    https://www.xbox.com/games/store/minecraft-java...
    using your Microsoft account and the balance (gift card) redeemed on it

You need to download the game from the Xbox app in your PC. (you need to sign in with the same account on the Xbox app)

Probably you're going to see the Minecraft launcher installed in your PC. You need to sign in with your Microsoft account there as well
    And finally minecraft Java and bedrock are going to be unlocked for your account
Thema:

1. Why won't it let me download games from the Xbox App? (Minecraft: Java Edition, in this case). - Similar Threads - Why won't let

2. Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account: When I try to sign in to my existing account to my xbox 360 it will not let me sign in I have an account on my xbox one that's lets me sign in fine but it won't let me on my xbox 360...
  3. Why won't Minecraft let me close a pop-up ad?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Minecraft let me close a pop-up ad?: When trying to play minecraft today, the game gave me a pop-up for a new years sale with indicators saying "B to close" or " A to close" but while trying to close it I realized my inputs were...
  4. Why won't Minecraft launcher let me get past the verification page?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't Minecraft launcher let me get past the verification page?: I'm logged into the correct account on Microsoft store, I have downloaded the launcher, I am logged into my Mojang account on the website. Every time I try to log into the launcher it asks me for...
  5. why won't the xbox website game website won't let me login

in XBoX Accessibility
    why won't the xbox website game website won't let me login: every time I open of the xbox website so I can login, every time I move to login and it begins to load the login screen, it loops me back around to the xbox websites main menu. I have tried to use...
  6. Why won't my series x let me add my cousins xbox account onto my console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't my series x let me add my cousins xbox account onto my console: In trying to add my cousins add my cousins account to my xbox so I can play some of his games and every time I try to sign in I have to put the info in twice and then it gives me a infinite...
  7. Why won't it let me change my skin on Minecraft Java?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't it let me change my skin on Minecraft Java?: Every time I click "use" on a skin I uploaded to Minecraft, it gives me a little message in the corner that says "Sorry! Something unexpected went wrong..." I've tried uninstalling the launcher...
  8. I bought MW3 digitally on my Xbox series x and it won't let me play the open beta. Why is that?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought MW3 digitally on my Xbox series x and it won't let me play the open beta. Why is that?: Preordered MW3 on my series X, which should allow me to play the open beta and it won't let me. I downloaded everything. When I launch the game, it says I need to have the Vault edition but that's...
  9. Why won't Xbox Live let me log in to my account when I press the 'Log In' button?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't Xbox Live let me log in to my account when I press the 'Log In' button?: Hi! I'm trying to change my Minecraft username (bedrock), so I looked it up and saw that I needed to do it via Xbox. Well, I go to the website and press the sign-in button at the top, sign into my...
  10. Why won't xbox series x let me install a disc offline?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox series x let me install a disc offline?: So as the question states, my Xbox is refusing to let me install disc offline, first I tried with call of duty advanced warfare and it wouldn't install, I thought oh disc must be broken. However,...