Why won’t it allow me to join a group post on games?

Discus and support Why won’t it allow me to join a group post on games? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; When i try to join group posts, such as Minecraft, i’m met with the message, “unable to send request”. this has been happening for well over a year,... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by TERR1D, May 26, 2023.

1. TERR1D
    TERR1D Guest

When i try to join group posts, such as Minecraft, i’m met with the message, “unable to send request”. this has been happening for well over a year, and i’ve gotten zero answers on the support. i would appreciate if somebody would give a step by step solution if they can.

:)

TERR1D, May 26, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi there! I am sorry to hear about the issue. Let's see what we can do about that here.

For us to isolate the issue, I will be asking few questions.

Does the issue happen to other games when you create a group post?
    What steps have you done so far?
    Did you already test a different Xbox profile if you could create a group post?

Be sure to follow the guide in creating one via the link below.
    - https://support.xbox.com/help/friends-social-ac...
  3. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Won’t let me post a group post

I've found for you a reddit thread that details the same issues that may have an answer for why you're having issues. The most likely answer could be social feature outages could be going on/your console is having issues communicating information over Xbox
    Live via the internet. Try to restart the console and maybe your router to see if that helps.

Here's the reddit link.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/7e2yhd/looking_for_group_not_working/

You could also check this out for more information about the various features of the LFG's on Xbox. One of them is bound to have a common issues page. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one/xbox-live/Clubs and Looking for Group

And for future reference here's the Xbox Live service outages page. Currently everything is up, so the issue is most likely on your internet's end.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status
  4. JayBeastX Win User

Unable to join a club on Forza Horizon 5 PC

Yes, but none of these actually allow you to join a club. I don’t want to create a group post. And you can’t access clubs through game bar
  5. Francia J. Win User

LFG Not Allowing Me To Join or Post

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Please perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
  6. Hoskayra Win User

Why won’t it allow me to join a party on xbox app

Hello DiamondZilla39, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, to try to help you I need to understand the problem better, so please answer the following: do you use Console or PC? Since when do you have this problem? Does it happen to you with all the games or just one? If you get an error code or message, please write it in the text.

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
Thema:

1. Why won’t it allow me to join a group post on games? - Similar Threads - Why won’t allow

2. Why won’t my charge and play charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my charge and play charge: I recently bought a new shock blue controller for my Series S along with a charge and play battery pack. Suddenly the pack won’t charge in the controller. I put the charge and play battery pack in...
  3. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  4. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  5. Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?: I recently had to factory reset my Xbox. After doing so I had to start from scratch and add an account to play on. Whenever I select the “add new” account option it sits on this grey loading...
  6. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X: I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I...
  7. Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?: All of a sudden today my Xbox stopped connecting to the internet, I know it’s not a problem with the wifi as my phone and tv are connected to it and working fine. I reset the Xbox multiple times...
  8. Why won’t Xbox sign me in?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won’t Xbox sign me in?: Why won’t Xbox sign me in? It keeps logging me out everytime I try to log in? Microsoft comes up & says “ you have logged out “ when I literally JUST logged in 9f58c443-93b7-430a-b2da-d24b89192cd2
  9. Why won’t the money from the gift card that says I’ve redeemed show up when I try to buy...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t the money from the gift card that says I’ve redeemed show up when I try to buy...: I need help with my gift card that says I have redeemed wont let me use the money or show up on my Xbox except for the Microsoft account credit saying it was redeemed...
  10. Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...: So I got suspended recently and I finally am able to get back on and I realize I can’t type in chat because it says my Microsoft account doesn’t allow that. I have tried everything please help me....