Why won’t Dolby atmos launch on my series s?.

Discus and support Why won’t Dolby atmos launch on my series s?. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I’ve used it before without any issues but since last night it’s been failing to launch. It sits on the opening screen like it’s loading but never... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by NapyHead Zee, Oct 30, 2023.

1. NapyHead Zee
    NapyHead Zee Guest

I’ve used it before without any issues but since last night it’s been failing to launch. It sits on the opening screen like it’s loading but never loads. I’ve never had this issue and yes I’ve purchased the 15 dollar for the Dolby headphones one time fee. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app countless times what is going on ?

:)

NapyHead Zee, Oct 30, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Hello NapyHead Z, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry you're experiencing this error, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check for updates: Make sure your Xbox Series S is running the latest version of system software. Go to console settings, select "System," and then choose "Updates." If an update is available, download and install it.

2- Power cycle your console: Perform a power cycle by turning off your Xbox Series S, unplugging it from the power source, and waiting about 10 seconds. Then plug it back in and turn it on. Power cycling can help clear temporary data and resolve minor software issues.

3. Clear the Dolby Atmos app cache: From the Xbox Series S dashboard, navigate to "My Games & Apps." Highlight the Dolby Access app, press the "Menu" button on your controller (the one with three lines), and select "Manage App." Choose "Delete local saved games" and confirm the action. This will clear the app's cache, potentially resolving any corrupted data.

4. Check your audio settings: Go to Xbox Series S settings, select "General," and then choose "Volume & Audio Output." Make sure “Headphone Format” is set to “Dolby Atmos for Headphones.” Also, check that the "HDMI audio" and "optical audio" settings are set correctly if you are using those connections.

5. Try a different account: Create a new temporary account on your Xbox Series S and try starting Dolby Atmos with that account. This will help determine if the issue is specific to your user profile or if it affects multiple accounts.

Best regards.
  3. FlybyDutchman Win User

No dolby atmos when streaming

I have the problem that Netflix Dolby Atmos is not working with the x box S, if I try to play a series with Dolby Atmos, then Netflix give the text:

This title can not play try later?

Configuration is ok at the x box s and all other content without Dolby Atmos will play correct.

If someone have a solution?
  4. JamesWenham1 Win User

Will Microsoft every update the UHD blu ray player to be able to stream atmos?? It’s a joke

Settings are all set up for atmos, the UHD player doednt support Dolby Atmos metadata. Highest it can do is Dolby Tru HD. The one x plays games - streams content from netflix, youtube etc in Dolby Atmos this is confirmed on thr TV and the Sound system.
    I have dolby access all my components are correct. I dont see why if microsoft have the license for Atmos (as its funtioning on all other aspects in tbr console) that they wouldnt just do a software update so the UHD player can. Looking at thr specs on tbe
    series x that still shows the new UHD player on the series x still doesnt put out dolby atmos. Needs updating
  5. AndriySemenyuk Win User

Netflix Not Outputting Dolby Atmos On Xbox One

I have had the same issue with Netflix and Apple TV (a few months), no Dolby Atmos, although there is a label Dolby Atmos at the title and chosen track with Dolby Atmos in the application. My AVR shows a PCM input signal for this application.

My setup is: Xbox Series X - Denon AVR X3700H - TV Samsung 75Q80T
  6. Kirill Krasin Win User

Dolby Atmos for Headphones for Xbox

Hello,

I have almost the same issue. I've bought Dolby Atmos for Headphones from Microsoft Store, connect my headset to controller and set audio output to Dolby Atmos in my Audio Settings page. But sometimes it is roll back to Windows Sonic! I've launch Dolby
    Access app, check that in settings page selected Dolby Atmos For Headphones, close this app and get back to Audio Settings, change Windows Sonic to Dobly Atmos.
Thema:

1. Why won’t Dolby atmos launch on my series s?. - Similar Threads - Why won’t Dolby

2. Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?: My Xbox one is not connecting to my WiFi even though my password is correct. My Xbox one has been doing this sense June 21, 2024. It’s not the router or the model. I use AT&T WiFi and this problem...
  3. my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why: ever since the servers went down 2 days ago i have tried everything under the sun to try and fix it and nothing works. i thought about maybe just trying to wait it out but i’m not finna just sit...
  4. Why won’t my new Xbox update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my new Xbox update: Why won’t my new Xbox x series update so I can log in 652ad2f8-8a65-4b7d-8e5d-2da29ced1bbf
  5. My Xbox won’t register discs and i don’t know why

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox won’t register discs and i don’t know why: I bought an Xbox one a while back but i never use it because i have a ps5. But recently i’ve wanted to play my old 360 discs and they won’t register. is this a common issue? submitted by...
  6. Why won’t my headset connect?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t my headset connect?: I tried to join a party via the xbox game bar on my PC, because all of my friends are on their xbox’s, I’m getting audio from my games but it won’t connect to the xbox app, I tried going through...
  7. Why won’t my charge and play charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my charge and play charge: I recently bought a new shock blue controller for my Series S along with a charge and play battery pack. Suddenly the pack won’t charge in the controller. I put the charge and play battery pack in...
  8. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  9. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  10. Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?: I recently had to factory reset my Xbox. After doing so I had to start from scratch and add an account to play on. Whenever I select the “add new” account option it sits on this grey loading...