Why wont any of my 4 controllers connect to either of my two consoles?

Discus and support Why wont any of my 4 controllers connect to either of my two consoles? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have 2 xbox one S consoles, 4 seperate controllers. We cannot get any controller to connect to either of the two consoles. Have tried pair buttons... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Odhran Lynn, May 22, 2024.

1. Odhran Lynn
    Odhran Lynn Guest

I have 2 xbox one S consoles, 4 seperate controllers. We cannot get any controller to connect to either of the two consoles. Have tried pair buttons etc, all controllers were working fine untill today

:)

Odhran Lynn, May 22, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Odhran, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Have you tried resetting the controllers and using an USB cable to connect them?

First, let's try a simple fix, please, power cycle the console and then reset the controllers.

To do it, follow these steps:

Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 60 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 60 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

Plug the console power cable back in.

Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

Then, please, reset your controller pairing.

To unpair it, press and hold the pair button on top of the controller for a few seconds until it vibrates twice.

Remove the batteries, wait for a few seconds, and reinsert them.

Once this is done, try to pair it again.

Turn on your controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button.

Press and release the Pair button on the Xbox Console.

Within 20 seconds, press and hold the controller’s Pair button (a circular button on top of the controller as you hold it in your hands) until the controller's Xbox button flashes a few times.

That means it's searching for a console.

The Xbox button stays lit once it's connected.

Let me know if it works!

Source:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/power/restart-or-power-cycle-console
  3. baileygibson2 Win User

Xbox elite 2 controller doesn’t turn on

1. My controller wont turn on at all for any of the games on my pc

2.It was working perfectly but now (as i said) wont turn on after not using it for maybe 3 days.

3.The usb-c cable is connected properly

4.the controller dosent have batteries (its an xbox elite controller) and when i put the controller on the charger nothing happens.

My controller also dosent turn on at all so i cant check if it needs updated.
  4. Jerjoe Win User

Please Help! Both My Controllers No Longer Recognized(?) By Console

I can't gain control/use of either controller to access any menus. Should I try to reset the console after pulling off the hard drive perhaps? I've never had 4 controllers, let alone 4 of them assigned/connected.

thanks
  5. Kenji X4 Win User

Update controller

Updated my controller and now all my apps close and my xbox wont connect to any of my controllers so i basically cant use it. HELP!
  6. Dsauter Win User

Intermittent Controllers After Update

This is happening across two MS xbox controllers and two Rockband 4 controllers. When this happens none of the controllers can connect. If I plug them in via USB they work. Putting the system to sleep doesn't make a difference either. If I hard reboot the
    console the problem goes away but comes back after days. It has all of the trappings of a driver issue with the controller system that is causing a memory leak.
Thema:

1. Why wont any of my 4 controllers connect to either of my two consoles? - Similar Threads - Why wont controllers

2. Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...: Ive already tried turning off my network and turning it back on it only worked once and never worked again 4ba9d188-ee0b-436b-af88-34bab5a9371f
  3. Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?: The controller was in use then just shut off and won't go back on 40a79e28-e2fd-4790-a744-677888f2cdfe
  4. Why wont my xbox controller connect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox controller connect?: So ive been using my usb c xbox controller for 2 years now and last night it just stopped working, It connects every now and again but when it does connect it immediately disconnects. Is there any...
  5. Why wont my xbox controller turn on? even with batteries and cables

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox controller turn on? even with batteries and cables: my controller isn't turning on no matter what i do with it... tried new batteries and tried all USB-C cables in the house and the button wont even flash. i've only had the controller for about a...
  6. Why wont my controller work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my controller work: My controller worked normally untill today i tryed to turn it on and didnt work the light came on and i tryed to plug it in and it plugged in but still dosnt work , when trying to connect it it...
  7. Why wont my keybinds work on the paddles on the elite series 2 controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont my keybinds work on the paddles on the elite series 2 controller: I have my paddles mapped to a q d e for siege, and my binds wont work no matter my shift key, and they also glitch in other games, i need help. e6bd4706-ae2b-4cac-a786-78d897b66e02
  8. Why xbox series s controller buttons wont respond?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why xbox series s controller buttons wont respond?: So suddenly out of nowhere my xbox series s controller buttons will not respond or do anything. However, for some reason, only the xbox button and the left and right triggers and the left (and...
  9. Why wont My powerA Wired controller wont turn on

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont My powerA Wired controller wont turn on: It was on before i left the house for school and i come back to it not working but i tried using it on a different xbox and with a different cable but the circle indicator isnt even on...
  10. Why my controller wont turn on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my controller wont turn on?: My controller suddenly died, i thought it was the batteries (rechargeable ones) so i connected it to the usb and it started beeping, but it won't turn on, not even flicker, is it just dead? I...