Why will it not work when I'm trying to select a drive for my downloads.

Discus and support Why will it not work when I'm trying to select a drive for my downloads. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; ok so I'm trying to get the Minecraft launcher on my PC so I can play with my friends on PS4. Problem being is that whenever I try it comes up with a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cicadot, Nov 10, 2022.

1. cicadot
    cicadot Guest

ok so I'm trying to get the Minecraft launcher on my PC so I can play with my friends on PS4.

Problem being is that whenever I try it comes up with a panel saying "Choose a dive" it then lists my drives and the amount of space needed (all of them have enough space) then below that it says "This location isn't set up for installing games." below that there's a link to where I can set the location. I have tried setting the location to all of my drives and nothing has worked. I looked in other threads and found the same problem that other people where having. Some how they managed to solve it but I just can't seem to.
    Why will it not work when I'm trying to select a drive for my downloads. [​IMG]

:)

cicadot, Nov 10, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Cicadot

May I know if you tried everything from this article?
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...

If not and if you reach the gaming services reinstallation part please use this method instead:

Press Windows key + X and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

Type or copy / past the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Restart the PC and Open the Xbox application.

A blue notification with the following message is going to appear at the bottom:
    "This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install"

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services, once installed check again
  3. MUFF1N x M4N Win User

Skyrim stuck at 8%

I'm trying to get this game to download to my 16GB USB drive. When I go to my account history and select download again, I don't get option to change my storage device. It just shows Save to: Hard Drive, and Hard Drive is greyed out.

This game is only 3.68 GB. and there is nothing on my USB drive...Anyone know how to change my storage device when trying to redownload a game?
  4. whoisfaceless Win User

EA games on game pass download location

Hello Joanna

yes my drive that i'm trying to download my games on is formatted to NTFS. Yes i do have that feature selected on the xbox app to make sure all my games go to my desired drive. That being i have the same drive selected on the EA app and yet it still downloads to another drive. I don't have space on that drive that EA games keep downloading to so it's kind of an issue for me
  5. DimFall Win User

Trying to change which drive my games download to

It still wont let me download anything to my D drive. even in the settings when I select the D drive i get no option to select a folder with it like I do with the C drive. I'm also on windows 10 if that has anything to do with it.
  6. Nonomus Win User

Roblox not installing on Series X

I do, but I select internal hard drive when downloading Roblox. I have tried downloading to the external hard drive as well and that has not worked either.
Thema:

1. Why will it not work when I'm trying to select a drive for my downloads. - Similar Threads - Why I'm trying

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why when I'm in a party am I stuck in game chat and cannot enter party chat.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why when I'm in a party am I stuck in game chat and cannot enter party chat.: When I am in a party I am instantly in game chat and whenever I press go to party chat it keeps me in game chat. 9ef27869-43fb-4fef-8ccf-f69b9e4d29fb
  4. I'm just wondering why my 500GB Xbox can only use 200GB , I understand about reserved space...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm just wondering why my 500GB Xbox can only use 200GB , I understand about reserved space...: Is this just how the Xbox is made now, to force people to pay an extra 400$ to play some of their games? 101b60ff-0803-4dc5-bc92-8ad645d6c617
  5. I'm missing 300GB of storage, why

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm missing 300GB of storage, why: I have a Xbox series S and I'm missing roughly 300GB of storage I know at most 100 is going to not be used because of various things, but that's still 200 that I can't use, all I have is brotato,...
  6. why I'm I get packet loss after 8pm never before evey night

in XBoX on Consoles
    why I'm I get packet loss after 8pm never before evey night: for weeks now I've been get packet loss but the weird thing is only happens after 8pm never before I've spoken to Vodafone for hour an half running tests but nothing wrong on there end. I'm wired...
  7. Why is it that I'm getting this communication error with the Xbox network for the last 5...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it that I'm getting this communication error with the Xbox network for the last 5...: Please tell me why am I getting the communication Xbox server Montano error? How do u fix this and why is it happening ? cda1fc7e-2cb3-44ed-bfa6-698c47a11c2a
  8. Why is starfield freezing every time it tries to autosave? I'm playing via cloud gaming.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is starfield freezing every time it tries to autosave? I'm playing via cloud gaming.: Why is Starfield freezing every time it tries to autosave? I keep my saves low, so what gives? d2d4d936-67ca-4a9c-ad32-5c8076b544e0
  9. Why isn't my brothers pin working when I'm trying to sign into his account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why isn't my brothers pin working when I'm trying to sign into his account?: I've been trying to access my brothers gamepass, but for some reason, every time I try logging in, the pin doesn't seem to work. I've tried all of the pins he could think of, and nothing worked....
  10. I'm trying to figure out why I can't play chivalry 2 on my Xbox series X, it gets to the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to figure out why I can't play chivalry 2 on my Xbox series X, it gets to the...: I don't know what's going on with the game I've never had this issue. It goes through it's developers and everything but when it says press start it just doesn't go through. I've closed the game...