Why will it not lock the Xbox console anymore and when I put time limit on them they don't work

Discus and support Why will it not lock the Xbox console anymore and when I put time limit on them they don't work in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When I lock the Xbox and put time limit on them it don't lock them anymore b1b2252e-4f1f-49b8-9be6-8f06896480d5 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by dbslh, Jan 31, 2023.

1. dbslh
    dbslh Guest

Why will it not lock the Xbox console anymore and when I put time limit on them they don't work

When I lock the Xbox and put time limit on them it don't lock them anymore

:)

dbslh, Jan 31, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Kindly try refreshing the setting by turning it off and turning it on. Make sure that it is also turned on for the Xbox console.

Please sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/family.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

XBox Time Limits Don't Work

Hello, sagesmith7. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Unfortunately there are some ways to bypass the screen limit and playing offline (or signing in as a guest) is a way to do it. Offline play is not recorded and screened. This is due to the settings are set on the servers, and when you are offline you are not connecting to the servers. There is currently nothing in place to fix it.

I'm sorry about this and I hope you understand.

Feel free to ask back any questions.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

I understand, my friend. Others may post here to clarify things for you.
  5. sagesmith7 Win User

You don't have to be sorry and I understand you don't work for Xbox. I'm hoping to get a better answer from someone else on the forum. Or maybe Microsoft will acknowledge that their screen time limits for Xbox are useless. Or document this in case any parent is considering getting a console that will abide by limits that they set. I would recommend the Nintendo Switch.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

The time is recorded but since he plays offline, it is not computed for the screen limits. If you have any suggestion or feedback for Microsoft or Xbox team, please do it by following the steps on the URL below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Here on the forum we are only users helping other users. We do not work for Microsoft or Xbox and the few Microsoft Agents here are not responsible for fixes or implementation of new features. Thanks for understanding and sorry about this.
Thema:

1. Why will it not lock the Xbox console anymore and when I put time limit on them they don't work - Similar Threads - Why lock console

2. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  3. Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?: If I leave the game inactive overnight, I wake up with an email saying 'We think that someone might have accessed the Microsoft account ****." And now my password needs to be reset. Well, I've...
  4. Why is campaign locked on my modern warfare 3 Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is campaign locked on my modern warfare 3 Xbox one: Why is my new call of duty modern warfare 3 game campaign mode locked when I own the physical game I need y’all to fix this game please unlock everything f32ba5a2-8291-4a3e-83e0-beee361b3f89
  5. Why is the headset chat mixer locked?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the headset chat mixer locked?: I've tried restarting and resetting my xbox however it is still locked. I have already tried googling some solutions, but had no luck. I have tried my headset and another pair of earphones, and...
  6. Why was my account locked?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why was my account locked?: Around 1 year ago my account with the email *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** was hacked. I did a recovery form and failed it, then I tried to log on now and it...
  7. Why is it specifically my account(s) that are locked out of the internet / wireless / wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it specifically my account(s) that are locked out of the internet / wireless / wired...: Very important topic because it probably might just be a me problem, so I want to know how to get it fixed. I’ve had and still do have the problem where my Xbox wouldn’t connect to the WiFi or...
  8. Why has my weapon loadout on mw3 locked all of a sudden? I’m on level 47

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my weapon loadout on mw3 locked all of a sudden? I’m on level 47: My weapon loadout has locked. I restarted the game and it’s still the same. I am on level 46. MW3 is the game and it was fine earlier. b0a21c04-7ff8-4336-bae4-77b501bf0183
  9. Why are all my mw3 games locked and how do I unlock them on xboxs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are all my mw3 games locked and how do I unlock them on xboxs: Iv had mw3 now for few months. Went to play campaign yesterday and it says LOCKED and all the others are locked as well multilayer modes even zombies can some one tell me how this has happened...
  10. Why have I been locked out of my microsoft account for no reason!?!?!?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why have I been locked out of my microsoft account for no reason!?!?!?: I recently was locked out of my microsoft soft account for NO REASON last week and haven't been able to play Xbox SINCE. This is very convenient considering I just bought A YEAR SUBRSCRIPTION AND...