Why when I delete a game off my account does it delete off of my siblings account also

Discus and support Why when I delete a game off my account does it delete off of my siblings account also in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Why when I delete a game off my account does it delete off my siblings account also ? *** Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other ***... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by propp propp, Jan 27, 2023.

1. propp propp
    propp propp Guest

Why when I delete a game off my account does it delete off of my siblings account also

Why when I delete a game off my account does it delete off my siblings account also ?

*** Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other ***

:)

propp propp, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hello propp propp,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello propp propp,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

To answer directly on your question, the answer is No. Your sibling's account will not be deleted if you are going to delete a game from your account. Kindly refer to this article How to close your Microsoft account - Microsoft Support.

But if for some reason you are going to delete your own account and you manage a child's Microsoft account, their account stays open when yours is closed. However, after your Microsoft account is closed, your child will be stopped when they try to sign in to Xbox, computers running Windows 8 or later, or Windows phones, until they get consent from another parent account.

We hope that we have informed you well. If you have other clarifications, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

We are looking forward to your response.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Sodangidni Win User

when I delete a game off my account does it delete off of my siblings account also

Hello, LilPupper21. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Do you and your sibling share the same Xbox to play games?

If that's the case, yes, once you delete a game from the console, every user registered on it loses access to it unless you re-download it.

In case you're referring to a something else, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Kind regards,

Arturo.
  5. Yanyannnn Win User

How come when I delet a game off my account it deletes off my siblings account

Hello nicole staley,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

When you delete a game from your account, it will also be removed from any other accounts that have that game installed on the same console. This is because the game is installed on the console itself, rather than on individual accounts. If you want to keep the game on your sibling's account, you can either reinstall it on their account or create a separate account for them to use on the console.

Hope I helped! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further concerns.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Yanyannnn Win User

How come when I delet a game off my account it deletes off my siblings account

Hello nicole staley,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Thema:

1. Why when I delete a game off my account does it delete off of my siblings account also - Similar Threads - Why delete game

2. Why was the game I bought years ago deleted from my library and all of my achievements for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was the game I bought years ago deleted from my library and all of my achievements for...: I bought an arcade game many years ago and beat it while also earning a number of achievements for it. Now I own an Xbox again and I wanted to replay it but to my surprise Microsoft wants me to...
  3. why cant i delete a games files that i no longer have. its taking up 60gb and i need to...

in XBoX on Windows
    why cant i delete a games files that i no longer have. its taking up 60gb and i need to...: its a world of warships file 5474634f-d939-42bb-bc1a-3e7bb3bf854a
  4. Why does my Xbox delete games off it, I am not short on storage nor am I using a external...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox delete games off it, I am not short on storage nor am I using a external...: I am sick of going to play my games and some of them have been deleted, I don't have unlimited internet like most people do so every time one of my games get deleted I have to wait to be able to...
  5. Why did my game get deleted?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did my game get deleted?: A digital game I purchased on xbox is no longer showing up in my account. How could it have got deleted and how do I recover it? 7e4df781-77fe-40a7-abca-8333fd42e1b5
  6. Why does my game not delete any storage when I delete the game and it doesn't uninstall?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game not delete any storage when I delete the game and it doesn't uninstall?: When I try to delete this game and redownload it, it says it appears to be corrupt and to try uninstalling and reinstalling it. But I can't delete it. 840402c8-2a62-4a5b-8dde-31fe7233245e
  7. why does my xbox keep randomly deleting games randomly and then redownloading them again...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does my xbox keep randomly deleting games randomly and then redownloading them again...: my xbox keeps deciding to randomly delete games and redownload them for some reason, playing call of duty and then suddenly kicks me out and then starts redownloading them, please help this has...
  8. why can i only hide achievements instead of deleting from a game I WILL NEVER PLAY?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why can i only hide achievements instead of deleting from a game I WILL NEVER PLAY?: one literal mistake of an A button and my profile is forever stained with bs that i will never play or look at 728ad0c0-e609-41f6-914d-b72da569ddac
  9. Why can’t my Xbox series X or Xbox one delete games from my external hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t my Xbox series X or Xbox one delete games from my external hard drive?: My Xbox series X and my Xbox one will not delete games from my Seagate external hard drive. When I select the games to be deleted, nothing happens. The loading circle just goes on and on. Also,...
  10. Why doesn't Microsoft offer the option to delete games from my Player Library? It's really...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why doesn't Microsoft offer the option to delete games from my Player Library? It's really...: I already removed evry single bit of them, but i still see them in my library and i wont. It makes me feel like I threw out the garbage but I didn't b3dd9d6c-9881-485e-985c-7bf54bbb1281