Why wasn't more emphasis given to Help Infinite's Co-Op Campaign?

Discus and support Why wasn't more emphasis given to Help Infinite's Co-Op Campaign? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Note: I'm on mobile so I apologize for grammar or spelling using swipe text. Let's start with Microsoft's promise at I believe E3a few years back that... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EXboxNick, Aug 26, 2022.

1. EXboxNick
    EXboxNick Guest

Note: I'm on mobile so I apologize for grammar or spelling using swipe text.

Let's start with Microsoft's promise at I believe E3a few years back that moving forward from Halo Guardians on, EVERY Halo game will come with local Co-op campaign (split screen).

The story has drifted to just another story I skip ahead on in Halo 4. 5, while it had improvements, was still just jumping around using the Halo 2 dual story mode to tie the two together at the end but ultimately is distracting. However, due to my digital purchasing of the game and having two consoles, my son played on my home console while I played in the other room, so we essentially system link and got to play together and all was well and within an ear's shot of one another. This sort of redeems the Halo franchise as were able to play through together!

We started with MCC and the addition of Reach to it I think in 2014 when he was only 5. Huge learning curve of course but played really well for, well a 5 year old... We up the ante in 2017 when I got a One X and played through them all again, in UHD/HDR with the bit of upgrades which was nice. Reach, 1, 2, 3, odst, 4, and 5. We're also played the story mode which takes several levels from each game to build one tremendous campaign and bumped up the difficulty, but all the while still having to be in separate rooms because after 5 we just got used to it. Now, 2017 we've got a couple screen upgrades so we're not playing on monitors, I'm on a 65" and have plenty of screen real estate to share (not the 17" garage sale CRT I was used to playing on).. but I digress.

Fast forward to the last couple years. COVID delays everything understandably, but this is freaking Microsoft we're taking about... The company that literally has it all in order to work remotely, they own a suite of tools to help with collaboration, yet still really poorly put together a game with over a year delay if I recall correctly, and only half of it at that. THEN comes the limited campaign which WOULD be a blast as it's open world and have the ability to bring NPC teammates along, just not other actual players! I mean, let's be real I don't even need some screen, I'd settle for network play even. This is THE ONE MAJOR THING HAS IS KNOWN FOR, and the ball was dropped to cater to what, the trend everyone else is doing? You've now not only disappointed the new generation of players and fans, but the original that helped drive your success in the first place!!

I've had 6 TVs with 6 consoles setup to do 24 player LAN parties with Halo 4 (4 Xbox One with back compat and 2x 360s playing digital) and we had a grand time shouting, trash talking, eating, bonding, and building alliances. Hello bright couch co-op to that next level with 4 player split screen (which halo 4 was a 343 game not Bungie I believe) yet here we sit struggling with Infinite trying to get regular co-op to work with 2 people.

I hate to basically Chad/Karen this over here, but with as much as I've spent, supported, promoted, sold (in my retail days) and basically preached Mrosoft over PS for 2 decades... I'm just sharing my frustration and disappointments on a first party dev team...

As one of the originals, y'all should get a little bit more resources, attention, focus, push, etc to turn out a better and more polished game. Either you guys have terrible middle and upper management, or you've burned out your devs, QA, and support by understaffing and overworking. Nobody there seems like they're doing what they love, because the passion is now sucked from the game. The worst part is: it shows.

I really hope in 4-5 years when the next one comes out, if it even does come out, really has a revolutionary- no, traditional approach to the build and delivery of the product. It's no longer gaming, it's just software. Get the product out as fast as you can and patch it later, after you've soaked everybody for all they've got. Such a shame and disappointment. Gaming now is such a drag as gamers fight through bugs, glitches, and patches, and the one thing they should be able to rely on is the entertainment value. But all you're really doing is getting a ton of QA testers for the price of a game.

Thanks,

:)

EXboxNick, Aug 26, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

You can only have one controller input when you’re using the cloud, so no split screen on that platform. Split screen campaign is hoped to be available in the fall on local consoles

Unfortunately one of the things that you can’t replicate with work from home are things like massive incredibly high speed internal data networks. Even with gigabit fiber, which is spotty in many wealthy areas of Seattle, it’s a snail by comparison. An example from a WiiU developer comes to mind, the tools for the development kit were incredibly slow, and he estimated he was wasting up to 4 hours daily because every change resulted in a ten minute sync time. Test it, fix it, do it again. I would imagine similar issues when you move these workstations out of the physical network in a workflow specifically designed for that environment.
  3. IngameInstincts Win User

GoW: Judgment or Bioshock Infinity?

Bioshock Infinite if you are only interested in the campaign. Judgement if you are only interested in Co-op/MP. The campaigns in GoWJ are very short but are a blast playing it co-op.
  4. Pyramid Head15 Win User

Bioshock Infinite

Let me put it this way: Infinite is one of my most anticipated games. The ONLY reason why I wouldn't is if the entire campaign could be played in co-op.
  5. Tatakai no Kami Win User

What kind of gamer are you?

I'm more a co-op player myself, I prefer Co-op Campaigns, co-op modes etc. That's why some of my favourite last gen games are the conflict series. Then it's Single player before Multiplayer.
  6. Windows10XboxOne Win User

BF3 @ E3 2011

Why would they not show co-op campaign?
Thema:

1. Why wasn't more emphasis given to Help Infinite's Co-Op Campaign? - Similar Threads - Why wasn't more

2. Why doesnt my xbox activity feed show when ive added someone anymore?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesnt my xbox activity feed show when ive added someone anymore?: Up until around 3 years ago, if you went on someone’s activity feed if they had added someone, it would say. I would like to know when ive added people so i would normally check the activity feed...
  3. Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?: Back when I had an xbox 360 I had bought or downloaded thru game pass, gta 5 and multiple other games digitally, I now have an xbox x, I've logged in with the same account and gta 5 along with a...
  4. The new double-wide "happening now" thing is hideous, and nobody liked it, so why are you...

in XboX Insiders
    The new double-wide "happening now" thing is hideous, and nobody liked it, so why are you...: What's the point of the insider program if you don't even listen to the feedback? This sub has nearly a million subscribers, but typically, around 30 people browsing it at any given time, if...
  5. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  6. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  7. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  8. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  9. Why did the price go up and why I wasn't notified

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did the price go up and why I wasn't notified: Why did the price go up and why I wasn't notified da88d5e7-338e-46b8-80a3-41c20258db84
  10. Why wasn't the latest Beta preview update release notes posted on Reddit yesterday?

in XboX Insiders
    Why wasn't the latest Beta preview update release notes posted on Reddit yesterday?: I check this site everyday for new update releases so it can be manually installed before I play. Today I discovered an update was automatically installed at 8.55am yesterday 17-5-2023. This...