Why was my account name changed on xbox

Discus and support Why was my account name changed on xbox in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Why was my gamer tag changed from to bigbunny8967639 and why cant we have names that go over 12 characters I want my gamer tag back and you shouldn't... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by brotherkiller17, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Why was my account name changed on xbox

Why was my gamer tag changed from to bigbunny8967639 and why cant we have names that go over 12 characters

I want my gamer tag back and you shouldn't take other peoples names either and change them after most of us having our name for so damn long too and then out of no were we get a suspension that last for a few seconds and you forcefully change our names

:)

brotherkiller17, Sep 8, 2022
  2. PrettyKid59780 Win User

why was my account name changed?

so its prob so person i kept killing in battlefild...
  3. fredgiblet Win User

If you want to find out why you'll need to ask here:
    forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

They won't tell you who filed the complaint, I don't believe you can change it for free after a forced change, but the e-mail you should have received will likely say for sure. It wasn't changed until now because no one complained until now.
  4. Daft Badger Win User

This thread is a year old,in future you need to start your own thread.

Doesn't matter if it's your mothers maiden name,if it breaks the code of conduct then it will not be allowed.

You need to post in the forum fredgiblet linked to find out what part of the CoC it violated or read the email sent to the address linked to your account.

You will not be able to change it back to the original tag.
  5. DaintyJoey14522 Win User

So someone complain about my gamertag why it was my mothers maiden name and it was changed to a random name? And now it wants me to pay to change it. I'm not sure how thats legal to say I can not use a family members name. I'd appreciate if I could get some
    answers about it and how to Chang it back.
  6. maxen Win User

Your gamertag wouldn't have been forcefully changed unless it broke the Terms of Use and/or Code of Conduct. Changing names is an Enforcement action used only in these instances.
Thema:

Why was my account name changed on xbox

1. Why was my account name changed on xbox - Similar Threads - Why was account

2. Why are some accounts with super offensive names not getting removed?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why are some accounts with super offensive names not getting removed?: Im playing Grand Theft Auto and some guy joins the group chat party with a swastika as his gamertag. He said he’s been reported tons of times and nothing has happened to him. Is there tags...
  3. my sons account has been banned why ?

in XBoX on Windows
    my sons account has been banned why ?: hello i wanted to ask a question on here my son is 10 and made a looking for group post on a game and was tryna play with people around his age and he has been suspended and will be unsuspended 5...
  4. Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?: I changed the password to my Microsoft account, and signed into minecraft. After signing in I wanted to recreate my character. But I lost all my accessories and need to pay for it again. But if I...
  5. Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?: I recently had to factory reset my Xbox. After doing so I had to start from scratch and add an account to play on. Whenever I select the “add new” account option it sits on this grey loading...
  6. Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account: When I try to sign in to my existing account to my xbox 360 it will not let me sign in I have an account on my xbox one that's lets me sign in fine but it won't let me on my xbox 360...
  7. Why cant I link the accounts?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I link the accounts?: I just created a new xbox account and new epic games account about an hour ago. I have a fortnite gift card that I'm trying to redeem but I need to select xbox under the select what you play on...
  8. why cant i use microsoft account balance?

in XBoX on Windows
    why cant i use microsoft account balance?: I have a microsoft account balance and when i try to pay the remaining on my debit card it authorises a payment of the full amount rather than using my microsoft account balance. how do i fix this...
  9. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  10. Why is it that whenever I try to log in to my account, it says that it could not and then I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is it that whenever I try to log in to my account, it says that it could not and then I...: Why is it that whenever I try to log in to my account, it says that it could not and then I hit retry and that does not work. It keeps telling me the same thing over and over again....