Why the [mod removed] is red dead redemption 2: story mode sold separately if you can't...

Discus and support Why the [mod removed] is red dead redemption 2: story mode sold separately if you can't... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; At this point I want a refund of my 20 so I can then buy the online and story mode together since it's 20$ and if you have to buy them separately it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nathaniel K1, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Nathaniel K1
    Nathaniel K1 Guest

Why the [mod removed] is red dead redemption 2: story mode sold separately if you can't...

At this point I want a refund of my 20 so I can then buy the online and story mode together since it's 20$ and if you have to buy them separately it ends up being 30$ and also why in the world would that be an option if you need both and dont let people know beforehand. Doesn't make sense to me [mod removed]

:)

Nathaniel K1, Nov 28, 2022
  2. HomegrownSilky Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode not available to download but is for sale!!

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Just a friendly reminder though that the Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode is just an add-on or DLC addition to Red Dead Redemption 2 which means that it requires the base game, you will be needing to buy the base game that is sold separately.
    It's not the base game that is needed. It is Red Dead Online. When you state that the base game is needed it sounds like people need to buy Red Dead Redemption 2 but that is not the case. Red Dead Redemption 2 contains both the single player story and the online portion. Red Dead Redemption 2 is not the same as Red Dead Online. They have 2 different names. Story Mode is DLC for Red Dead Online. It is not DLC for Red Dead Redemption 2 as you have said.
  3. HomegrownSilky Win User

Owned red dead redemption 2

Did you purchase the full game Red Dead Redemption 2 or did you purchase Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode, which is an add-on for Red Dead Online? If you purchased Story Mode, then you need to purchase Red Dead Online to keep using the add-on. Story Mode is not a stand alone game. Red Dead Online used to be on Game Pass but was removed back in September.
  4. John P_14 Win User

Gifted game

Thanks for letting me know. Just a friendly reminder, Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode and Ultimate Edition Content is just a DLC or content for the game so you still need to purchase the base game itself for it to work. You may confirm it on the Store page at https://www.xbox.com/games/store/red-dead-redem.... It says there "This content requires a game (sold separately)."
  5. XBF - Tali Win User

Can’t play Red Dead Redemption 2 story mode with game pass

Hello x23 Hyper 23x,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue!

As of September 13, Red Dead Online has now been removed from Xbox Game Pass. Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode is downloadable content for Red Dead Online and was not included with Game Pass. Therefore, you would have had to purchase it in order to access it.

For our users that have purchased Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode and are no longer able to access it, you will have to purchase Red Dead Online as it is a requirement.

Currently you are able to purchase Red Dead Online, Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode & Red Dead Redemption 2 (which bundles both the story mode and online)

[Let us know if this answered your question by tapping "Yes" below]
    Hello everyone!

As stated, Red Dead Online has been removed from Xbox Game Pass as of September 13th. If you have purchased Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode and are no longer able to access it, you will have to purchase Red Dead Online.

Locking this thread since the answer has been provided. If there are further questions regarding Red Dead Redemption 2, please post a new topic.

Thank you!

-Tali
  6. HomegrownSilky Win User

HELP NEEDED ASAP

Are you sure that you purchased the full Red Dead Redemption 2 and not just the Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode. If you purchased the Story Mode, then you need to own Red Dead Online in order to play it. Story Mode is just DLC for Red Dead Online and cannot be played or installed without Red Dead Online.
Thema:

1. Why the [mod removed] is red dead redemption 2: story mode sold separately if you can't... - Similar Threads - Why mod removed

2. Why are mods not available for Stardew Valley?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are mods not available for Stardew Valley?: I understand that there are some issues with installing mods that are not offered by the Microsoft store or otherwise vetted by Microsoft as there could be issues with cheating in online...
  3. Why won't [mod removed] get suspended when he's calling me the NWORD I've reported it so...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't [mod removed] get suspended when he's calling me the NWORD I've reported it so...: [mod removed] won't get suspended for calling me n NWORD even tho I've reported It multiple times, this isn't fair 3e2a9fbe-ce25-41bb-95ec-962288ca4f3e
  4. Why can't we use mods on XBOX?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't we use mods on XBOX?: Why can't we use mods I get that you're console doesn't allow it but why also if I download mods for Minecraft onto my Microsoft account would the be transferred onto my Xbox so I could use them?...
  5. Why (Mod Removed) hasn't my money gone back into my account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why (Mod Removed) hasn't my money gone back into my account: I want my (Mod Removed) money back man taking the (Mod Removed) now 9bb148ef-d5ab-4b08-ab31-23ae6e3bc5af
  6. Why cant i get to mods for my skyrim special addition game on my xbox one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant i get to mods for my skyrim special addition game on my xbox one: I cant get to mods for my skyrim special addition game, it shows a message starting with a $ but i bought a year subscription card from Walmart 441cf52a-349f-4f3c-997f-886cce1104a0
  7. Why can't you just make a simple app that works? Starfield mods broken, can't migrate game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't you just make a simple app that works? Starfield mods broken, can't migrate game...: Why can't you just make a simple app that works? Right now I'm seriously annoyed that the lack of direct file access breaks many of the great (looking, I can't actually try them) mods for...
  8. Why are mods not allowed on Xbox for single player games

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are mods not allowed on Xbox for single player games: I get for online or multiplayer but for single player I don’t. People mod their pc all the time but you can’t do it on a single player game on Xbox seems kinda of dumb if you ask me I’m not...
  9. Why am I getter my banned for saying [mod removed] but someone keeps saying the f word in...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am I getter my banned for saying [mod removed] but someone keeps saying the f word in...: I have been banned for a week for saying the b word, but someone else has messaged me a dozen times saying the f word and regardless of my reporting the messages are still there and nothing is...
  10. Why can‘t I Play COD Cold War ( campaing) without a [mod removed] Game pass !

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can‘t I Play COD Cold War ( campaing) without a [mod removed] Game pass !: I can not Play COD Cold War without a Game pass why is this so? Can anybody tell me that df41799f-cf27-4741-a628-825a9ba4cda2