Why the hell is guardians of the galaxy reinstalling itself when i deleted it and abox app...

Discus and support Why the hell is guardians of the galaxy reinstalling itself when i deleted it and abox app... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ive uninstalled this thousands of times and it keeps reinstalling, i need this space on my C drive for another and it wont let me move it or uninstall... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ThomasSmith_406, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Why the hell is guardians of the galaxy reinstalling itself when i deleted it and abox app...

Ive uninstalled this thousands of times and it keeps reinstalling, i need this space on my C drive for another and it wont let me move it or uninstall it now. Xbox is (mod removed) for this and xbox services.

:)

ThomasSmith_406, Aug 11, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Why the hell is guardians of the galaxy reinstalling itself when i deleted it and abox app on pc, it wont even show on control panel

Thanks, please try this:

Press Win + I to open Windows Settings > Windows Update > Advanced Options > Delivery Optimization option under Additional options.
    Toggle the switch for Allow downloads from other PCs to turn off Delivery Optimization.

After that do this:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too.

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account

That should fix the issue
  3. ThomasSmith_406 Win User

Why the hell is guardians of the galaxy reinstalling itself when i deleted it and abox app on pc, it wont even show on control panel

Well it's weird because the acc I'm using is the second account on my PC because I had to switch, it should have access to all folders but it won't let me. I'll try and find the Xbox app folder but I deleted that as well. Sometimes when it decides to install and I try to uninstall it sometimes doesn't and is very slow.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this ThomasSmith_406

May I know if the space is still used for this game?
    Are you able to see the related folders going to this Path:

File explorer > my computer > c: drive > windows apps or Xbox games folder

What happens when you try to uninstall the game now?
    Are you receiving an error message?
  5. ThomasSmith_406 Win User

sorry to reply so late i forgot about stuff, did all this and i wont be able to tell if it worked as theres not enough space for it to download anyway so it can't. so fixed lol.
  6. Timobkg Win User

Gears of War 4 on PC stuck on loading screen every time

So, I just resolved the issue with Doom Eternal in the weirdest way.

I had to "re-install" every Xbox App game after reinstalling the Gaming Services package by navigating to the game's page in the Xbox App. I started with Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, and that worked just fine. I then tried Doom Eternal, and launching it after "re-installing" it failed with the same error message as before.

I then launched Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy again, waited for the Launcher to appear, clicked Play, and when that game started up it also launched Doom Eternal for some reason - both games started simultaneously, with Doom starting a moment after Guardians and appearing on top.

I went through the initial setup, logging in, confirmation prompts in Doom, changed the resolution, and quit out. I then also quit out of Guardians. I tried launching Doom Eternal again from the Xbox App, and it started up just fine. So Doom Eternals appears fixed, and I have no idea why launching Guardians of the Galaxy fixed it, but it did.

I am disappointed and confused with how much trouble I've had with games from the Xbox App, considering that Microsoft controls both the OS and the app, particularly when everyone else - from giants like Steam and Ubisoft to small platforms like GOG and Itch.io - have figured out how to digitally distribute games that just work. I suspect it has a lot to do with the Universal Windows Platform that the Xbox App uses.
Thema:

Why the hell is guardians of the galaxy reinstalling itself when i deleted it and abox app...

1. Why the hell is guardians of the galaxy reinstalling itself when i deleted it and abox app... - Similar Threads - Why hell guardians

2. Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?: Back when I had an xbox 360 I had bought or downloaded thru game pass, gta 5 and multiple other games digitally, I now have an xbox x, I've logged in with the same account and gta 5 along with a...
  3. The new double-wide "happening now" thing is hideous, and nobody liked it, so why are you...

in XboX Insiders
    The new double-wide "happening now" thing is hideous, and nobody liked it, so why are you...: What's the point of the insider program if you don't even listen to the feedback? This sub has nearly a million subscribers, but typically, around 30 people browsing it at any given time, if...
  4. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  5. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  6. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  7. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  8. Why don't I see hell let loose on cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why don't I see hell let loose on cloud gaming: Why don't I see hell let loose on cloud gaming it said it's coming to card game too so I was wondering if it still going to be on cloud gaming 1a7f8814-90ac-479a-a7a2-b68eabf23abe
  9. Why the hell am I not being able to purchase an Xbox series X game

in XBoX on Windows
    Why the hell am I not being able to purchase an Xbox series X game: I couldnt download a game called biomutant or any type of Xbox series X game and it was a mark down from cyber something or other and was 39.99 and lowered to around 15 dollars and its like a 5...
  10. Why can't I put my gamertag -ThcKraven- it's for my clan man thc stands for the hell clan

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I put my gamertag -ThcKraven- it's for my clan man thc stands for the hell clan: Why can't I put my gamertag -ThcKraven- it's for my clan man thc stands for the hell clan 7234c3fd-6d9f-4209-8642-3db91796e26c