Why Series S can record only the last minute in 1080p?

Discus and support Why Series S can record only the last minute in 1080p? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; 1 minute is not enough most of the times,being able to record the last 2 minutes would be acceptable,5 minutes almost perfect.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by S 17, May 15, 2023.

1. S 17
    S 17 Guest

1 minute is not enough most of the times,being able to record the last 2 minutes would be acceptable,5 minutes almost perfect.

:)

2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on your game clip recording.

Just a heads up that recording game clips and using the internal storage device most especially at higher resolution will only record shorter clips. If you want to record longer clips, I suggest using an external storage like a flash drive or external hard drive.
  3. Arthur Hank8 Win User

Game DVR Questions

For number 1, depends on the resolution that you want to record clips.

On Xbox One X you can record up to 30 seconds on 4K, but when posted, they will we downgraded to 1080p.

On Xbox One S you can record up to 2 minutes on 1080p.

On Xbox you can record up to 15 minutes on 780p.

On the games that can't be recorded, we're yet to find if there is such list.
  4. SigmaTheDJ Win User

any updates to xbox series x game capture (2 minutes @ 1080)?

If you use an external drive as the capture location, you can record footage at 1080p that's way longer than 1 minute, but it has 2 important limitations.

1. You have to start and stop the recording manually. You can't use the "record that" feature to capture longer clips of something that just happened; that would still be limited to 1 minute at 1080p.

2. Clips captured on external storage cannot be shared over Xbox Live.

I think it's a good solution if you're recording footage to transfer over to a PC, edit, then upload to YouTube, but it's no good if you want to capture longer clips to share with friends over Xbox Live.

I wonder why they reduced the recording times though. I'm sure when I got my Xbox Series X, there was a 2 minute option for 1080p, but now, as you said, it's only 1 minute.
  5. KindGryphon Win User

Xbox please help me. My console is refusing to record 4k or HDR the only options I have is 1080p sdr and 720p sdr this doesn't work external dive or not can this bug be fixed or comment a solution

I'm pretty sure it is meant to record 4k or at least 1440p. Xbox has bugs which they don't fix. Tgis is why I should've picked a Playstation
    Ok well as far as I am aware the most the Series S can do in terms of recording is at 1080p/60fps.
  6. RippenHarra Win User

Xbox One Hard Drive Full at 362 GB

@awesome it's only recording a rolling 5 minutes of gameplay at 720p 30fps not 1080p.
Thema:

1. Why Series S can record only the last minute in 1080p? - Similar Threads - Why Series record

2. Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...: I have spent over a year now dealing with this issue of my console shutting down mid game, and I have spoken with countless call center representatives from another country that has been very...
  3. Why is my xbox seris x doing this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox seris x doing this: I was just playing a a game and i decided that i would play a disc game so i insert it and then it doesn't work so i tried a different disc then it didn't work so i restarted it and then it works...
  4. Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.: I've had Samsung TV before and my console could turn on/off the TV .. but now I bought a TCL smart TV and the console can't turn it on * Moved from Community Center...
  5. Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?: I have installed Fallout 4 a few times now with GamePass on my xbox s series and every time i do i cant get the audio for the characters to work, unless i pause the game in between every sentence,...
  6. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  7. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  8. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  9. Why my xbox series s won’t record clips and screenshots?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox series s won’t record clips and screenshots?: my xbox series s wont record clips or screenshots but if i double click it starts recording! i checked storage and i have over 100gb free so whats the issue here? thanks ps. it only seem...
  10. Why wont Roblox record clips on Xbox Series X/S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont Roblox record clips on Xbox Series X/S: I have been trying to fix this issue for a while now and still can not fix it. The issue only happens when you are trying to record what happened or record what is happening in real time....