Why red dead redemption 2 is running slow xbox series x?

Discus and support Why red dead redemption 2 is running slow xbox series x? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just got red dead 2 game for xbox series x console, the graphics of the game was good but the game was slow, I sold my ps4 6 months ago and I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by unit Blood, Jan 17, 2023.

1. unit Blood
    unit Blood Guest

I just got red dead 2 game for xbox series x console, the graphics of the game was good but the game was slow, I sold my ps4 6 months ago and I remember this game was running much smoother on ps4 console, on xbox series x console The loading speed is very fast and the graphics are a little better, but the game runs slowly, what is the real reason for this problem, shouldn't series x from ps4 run the game more smoothly?

:)

unit Blood, Jan 17, 2023
  2. DeanmonCas Win User

Any suggestions?

Hey Manuela, sure thing. It was the Red Dead Redemption 2 deluxe edition for the Xbox one, not series x or s.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2 bad graphics

Hi,

Red Dead Redemption 2 on Xbox was only optimised for Xbox One X it hasn't been optimised for the Series S or X hardware. On the Series S it runs in Xbox One Backwards compatibility mode. As such, it runs at around 900P (around 1600x900). This means it will look quite soft looking on a 4K display, although it should not affect the colours or the contrast.

Unfortunately, RDR2 is not great on the Series S, especially on a 4K display. FIFA 23 is Series S|X optimised, which is why this game looks a lot better.
  4. damien mitchell1 Win User

I bought a game and it's not showing up in libary

Red dead redemption 2 and xbox series s
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

My problem is that the game is really slow and that's why it's not fun at all, but I remember that the game was smoother on the ps4 version. It seems that ray tracing is active in the game and that's why the game runs slowly, but there is no such option in the settings.
    Hi,

Not sure where you've got that information from. There is no Ray Tracing in RDR2, it's not been optimised for Series X|S either. It was only developed to take advantage of the now older Xbox One X. The Series X runs the One X version of the game, but it's still only 30fps though.

If you've been playing lots of smooth 60fps games and then load up RDR2 it's bound to feel slow in comparison.
  6. unit Blood Win User

Not sure why you believe RDR2 was running better on the PS4.

On console RDR2 runs at 30fps, it's not been given a 60fps mode yet. It's 30fps on PS4, PS4 Pro and via backwards compatibility on PS5 Perhaps Rockstar might do an update the future, but judging by what they did with GTA V it will probably be another version of the game.

Only a suitable gaming PC can play this game at 60+fps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mTIPXwcDGQ
    My problem is that the game is really slow and that's why it's not fun at all, but I remember that the game was smoother on the ps4 version. It seems that ray tracing is active in the game and that's why the game runs slowly, but there is no such option in the settings.
Thema:

1. Why red dead redemption 2 is running slow xbox series x? - Similar Threads - Why red dead

2. Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox One S to the Xbox app for a while now and it just isn't working. Enable remote features is turned on but it still won't connect. When I look in the Remote...
  3. Why is my invite To game greyed out?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is my invite To game greyed out?: When I want to invite someone to my game in the game bar the invite to game button is greyed out and I can’t invite taken to my game I am playing on windows 11 by the way Oh and also I can’t see...
  4. Why is my Xbox series x turning the screen red or purple

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series x turning the screen red or purple: Xbox series x had a red colour screen and now has a purple coloured screen after switching hdmi, switching inputs and resetting my console cc401fff-a81e-4f1b-be86-4df28cabdc46
  5. Red dead redemption (digital) is unlaunchable and I’m not sure why

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Red dead redemption (digital) is unlaunchable and I’m not sure why: The digital version of Read Dead Redemption 1 that I purchased years ago is now listed in the store only in Japanese and is also unavailable in the store. I know it’s the one I bought because I...
  6. Why are my Red Heart emojis stuck as White?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are my Red Heart emojis stuck as White?: As question states. Solution required - and NO, holding in the "A" button doesn't work. c380b535-fb9c-470b-86dc-609ead41de5b
  7. Why isn't Call of Duty Big Red One on xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't Call of Duty Big Red One on xbox?: I remember I used to play Call of Duty Big Red One on the Original Xbox. I can't now that I have series x. Will we ever get to play those again? bda2e891-acf4-4f65-8dde-7314e996ba3f
  8. Why can’t I play Red Dead Redemption the 360 version on my Xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play Red Dead Redemption the 360 version on my Xbox one?: I been trying to log in and it keeps saying error, I cleared my MAC address so I was able to get to the login screen but it downloads at almost 75% then tells me I’m unable to sign in. All this...
  9. Why doesn’t the Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare add on work on Xbox Series S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn’t the Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare add on work on Xbox Series S?: I have Red Dead Redemption on my xbox series s which I bought a couple month back. Today I saw the undead nightmare add on was on sale so I bought it. The problem is once it was done downloading,...
  10. Why is not woorck my game red dead?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is not woorck my game red dead?: hi, 2 weeks ago i buy red dead and antil now nothing thei dont givmi please do something....thanks 9411f9ab-ad7f-4f49-984e-2eed97458d76