Why on Eden is There NO Compass or Minimap? and thoughts about text size problems, reasonings ...

Discus and support Why on Eden is There NO Compass or Minimap? and thoughts about text size problems, reasonings ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Why would someone create an open world game and not include a MiniMap or a Compass? It's so strange a game like this could make it to release without a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Yanko 024, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Yanko 024
    Yanko 024 Guest

Why on Eden is There NO Compass or Minimap? and thoughts about text size problems, reasonings ...

Why would someone create an open world game and not include a MiniMap or a Compass? It's so strange a game like this could make it to release without a developer or tester saying, "We need some sort of navigation system!". In games like this, there must
    be either a minimap or compass. Trying to explore such a vast game with large and somewhat repetitive features, with hardly any reference point is confusing and somewhat aggravating. Something needs to be added. A minimap that can be toggled on or off would
    be nice, but at least implement a compass or some type of direction indicator besides just a waypoint to the next objective. I'm sure that i'm not the only one running in circles or getting confused when trying to explore something new or even old.

Other areas that can use improvement.

--- The Map. It feels like the fact that a players perspective is kind of being ignored, as far as PC vs Console. These details seem to be made for someone on a PC sitting a couple feet away from the screen. So, reading small text, like that in the the legend,
    isnt that hard to do. However, having the display just scale up with the size of the screen doesn't really work that well when someone is on their console, sitting eight to ten feet away. I am playing on console with a 50 inch screen with 1080p resolution
    and sitting about nine feet away with slightly less than 20-20 vision. The text in the legend is just too small to read; so, I have to move forward five feet to make out the smaller text. Anyways, the text on screen needs more attention when ported to console
    and the minimum size text used needs some focus; and, should be legible for someone like me, and I feel a large majority of console players have the same problem. *The size of the text for button functions for the various menu sections would be nice. ** The
    "Logs" section of the menu, the billeted list is also a strain to see, but the size of the text for what it brings up is legible, and is probably where the line should be drawn for minimum size and would work for the descriptions and list; however, it's difficult
    to track when reading a paragraph.

Another map issue, is how far we are able to zoom in. I think we need about twice as much and don't really understand the limitations anyways. I feel that we should be able to zoom in, at least, to the point where an area like that of the "Repository Blitz"
    would fill the screen. Using that area as a reference, it is difficult to see what features are there. Especially when you have a few icons that overlap and obscure the exact location they are supposed to be indicating.

Well, that turned out to be a lot more than I expected to write; so, i'll end it there. PLEASE take this information and use it to improve at least this game. However, as i've mentioned, this is a common problem i've had with several of the newer titles,
    as far as the map zoom and especially the size of the text. Again, this is concerning those of us on console with what I would consider to be close to the average conditions. 50 inch screen, 1080p, sitting 8-10 feet away and just below 20-20 vision. This is
    likely overlooked due to being made on a PC and game testers are probably doing so on the same setup or in a chair 5 feet away from a 30 inch screen, which does not reflect the actual conditions under which these games will be played.

Thank you

:)

Yanko 024, Oct 2, 2016
  2. sagelord2003
    sagelord2003 Guest
    Magic the gathering plane walkers 2012 - Text problem

Hello everyone

Just got the game last night however on my tv the text is so small I can't even read it. TV is 32 Inch LCD HD set at both at 480 and 720 at normal and wide screen with really no luck.

Was wondering if anyone else had any problems with the text size or if I just have bad luck with it?

sagelord2003, Oct 2, 2016
  3. MuzzaHukka
    MuzzaHukka Guest
    Can I increase text size?

Can't it be adjusted, like in the Main Menu? And why can't you change save device like in Fallout 3/NV? There you had an option to go Load > "Save 1" and you could change the save destination with X or Y (can't remember)

MuzzaHukka, Oct 2, 2016
  4. Yanko 024
    Yanko 024 Guest

Isn't this the SUPPORT Forum? Who is supposed to Support Us, other gamers or some "Professionals" with their name attached to this product? It's a slow moving forum and find the lack of help or responses to feedback to be quite awful. I've spent a decent
    amount of time creating my first post, asked serious questions and ,IMO, gave some quality advice. I only posted the tip of the iceberg on the issues which are becoming a trend or , sadly, the norm. I gave sort of reasoning that allow these mistakes to make
    it into final release with some simple solutions.

I cared enough to come here, not to rant.; but, with the belief that my type of information could be of use and a gain for my fellow gamers. Is this the wrong place?

Isn't there someone here to take this advice or solve these problems?

I would at least like some sort of acknowledgement that these issues are being noted and passed on to those who can take action? Without that, what reason is there for people to provide some actual constructive criticism?

I'm getting tired of seeing these companies profits growing while the products the keep producing get worse.

AND, Am I really the only not bothered by the lack of navigational information provided in the HUD for this game??

Yanko 024, Oct 7, 2016
  5. Yanko 024 Win User

Why on Eden is There NO Compass or Minimap? and thoughts about text size problems, reasonings and solutions

Isn't this the SUPPORT Forum? Who is supposed to Support Us, other gamers or some "Professionals" with their name attached to this product? It's a slow moving forum and find the lack of help or responses to feedback to be quite awful. I've spent a decent
    amount of time creating my first post, asked serious questions and ,IMO, gave some quality advice. I only posted the tip of the iceberg on the issues which are becoming a trend or , sadly, the norm. I gave sort of reasoning that allow these mistakes to make
    it into final release with some simple solutions.

I cared enough to come here, not to rant.; but, with the belief that my type of information could be of use and a gain for my fellow gamers. Is this the wrong place?

Isn't there someone here to take this advice or solve these problems?

I would at least like some sort of acknowledgement that these issues are being noted and passed on to those who can take action? Without that, what reason is there for people to provide some actual constructive criticism?

I'm getting tired of seeing these companies profits growing while the products the keep producing get worse.

AND, Am I really the only not bothered by the lack of navigational information provided in the HUD for this game??
  6. APOCACIDE Win User

This Bugs me so Bad

the minimap has a compass, its not that hard, the maps arent huge
  7. Oldi1 Win User

Moving the Mini Map

I dont want to move. I want a minimap in Gametype Safeguard. I dont know the reason why does no minimap exist in Safeguard but i think it is ridiculous to let it out of this gametype. Safeguard and Spec Ops of MW3 is the same Gametype, but in MW3 the minimap
    exist. Thanks
  8. Chris238 Win User

Am i too old

So far I'm ok with the text size, but what I have trouble with sometimes, is seeing the tiny white dots on the minimap that indicate what path to take to your quest objective. I find myself moving my chair a foot in front of my 40" TV so that I can see this.
  9. chemicalsora Win User

Money in The Denk is now official.

I thought the same - the jug is visible on the minimap. Oh well.
Thema:

1. Why on Eden is There NO Compass or Minimap? and thoughts about text size problems, reasonings ... - Similar Threads - Why Eden Compass

2. Why is my xbox one saying unauthorized accessory for my Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox one saying unauthorized accessory for my Xbox controller: [img] This at the top is info on the controller the one at the bottom is the controller itself [img] 8b883425-0891-4122-b705-b883f4591fb1
  3. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  4. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  5. Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox One S to the Xbox app for a while now and it just isn't working. Enable remote features is turned on but it still won't connect. When I look in the Remote...
  6. Why is my invite To game greyed out?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is my invite To game greyed out?: When I want to invite someone to my game in the game bar the invite to game button is greyed out and I can’t invite taken to my game I am playing on windows 11 by the way Oh and also I can’t see...
  7. Why is my Xbox Series X lagging?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X lagging?: My Xbox is brand new, yet it lags terribly when I play online games, like Fortnite for example. I recently just switched over from my Nintendo Switch to the Xbox, expecting that performance would...
  8. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  9. Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...: Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an actual DVD please help i really want to plyto play y, e5f5ca56-d564-47d1-aa93-b40ef50b43d7
  10. Why there is no pro version of xbox series xs coming ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why there is no pro version of xbox series xs coming ?: Is it true that there is no xbox pro coming this year while ps5 getting a pro version? 743a9054-79cc-415a-9920-f13b042d94e3