Why on earth would anybody buy the rechargeable battery when it fails right after the...

Discus and support Why on earth would anybody buy the rechargeable battery when it fails right after the... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; PSA: do not buy their **** battery. Plenty of posts on here already it seems and here's another. Don't waste your money. Buy 3rd party from amazon or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by urulookw, Feb 3, 2023.

1. urulookw
    urulookw Guest

Why on earth would anybody buy the rechargeable battery when it fails right after the...

PSA: do not buy their **** battery. Plenty of posts on here already it seems and here's another. Don't waste your money. Buy 3rd party from amazon or any where else, at least then you arent getting completely ripped off.

:)

urulookw, Feb 3, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Why on earth would anybody buy the rechargeable battery when it fails right after the laughable 90 day warranty ends?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Urulookw. are you referring to Microsoft's play & charge kit or some kind of rechargeable batteries?

If it's the Microsoft kit, do as mentioned above, if it's under warranty, send it to Microsoft.
  3. Tezzerrific Win User

Why on earth would anybody buy the rechargeable battery when it fails right after the laughable 90 day warranty ends?

weird, i have the plug and play charge kit and its still going strong 2 years later.

let me guess you are in the US where you only get a 90 day warranty, they really need to change that policy in the US.
  4. ZombieCartmanYT Win User

Xbox One Play and Charge Kit

with rechargeable batteries it is important to condition them. You should always run a rechargeable battery totally dead when you first get it and then fully charge it right after. A lot of people assume a rechargeable battery is dead from the factory
    and then charge it immediately out of the box. This will absolutely kill the life cycle of a battery. From the sounds of it i'd say you need to start over with yours.
  5. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Plugging in headset makes controller turn off...

what type of batteries or rechargeable batteries are you all using?

All AA batteries do not hold the same charges, so if they aren't Alkaline batteries that is why it cuts off.

Some batteries are used and designed for remote controls and these do not hold enough juice to keep the controller on if you add something like a headset in.

see here: en.wikipedia.org/.../AA_battery

***You would not rather have the rechargeable batteries included, because its cheaper to replace or use existing rechargeable batteries for multiple devices rather than buy an entirely new controller when the battery goes out or needs to be replaced. The
    PS4 battery life is a nightmare and nothing else is on it "yet"
  6. ElectroFlying Win User

Xbox One controller randomly disconnecting :(

I now use only recharagabe batteries in all my 360/one controllers and I never use instant on mode. My energizer, duracell and rayovac rechargables all fit just as snug as normal batteries.

One thing that did catch my attention is that the last time the controller failed to connect was right after the July 29th console update. But a manual restart, just as when the console fails to connect to my wifi, does the trick everytime. Knock on wood!
Thema:

1. Why on earth would anybody buy the rechargeable battery when it fails right after the... - Similar Threads - Why earth anybody

2. why my xbox series x kicks out to home screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why my xbox series x kicks out to home screen?: xbox series x kicks out to home screen only on certain games, no error message is shown. i have soft rest, hard reset and even reset the console totally. games like destiny, starfield, assassins...
  3. Why is customer friendliness so bad when it comes to warranty cases?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is customer friendliness so bad when it comes to warranty cases?: I have an Xbox Elite 2 controller, my first, expensive controller, and I've been happy with it so far. Now the bumpers are starting to be faulty, the fault is already known. The controller is...
  4. Why won’t my headset connect?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t my headset connect?: I tried to join a party via the xbox game bar on my PC, because all of my friends are on their xbox’s, I’m getting audio from my games but it won’t connect to the xbox app, I tried going through...
  5. Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...: I have spent over a year now dealing with this issue of my console shutting down mid game, and I have spoken with countless call center representatives from another country that has been very...
  6. why is my xbox running bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox running bad: i bought my series s a few years ago and for the past year it’s been running really bad like i don’t have a 120hz monitor. My monitor that i have right now is a 165hz so it is compatible with the...
  7. Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned: I have a friend who bought a fairly new xbox from Walmart in December 2023 now to ad some context this guy is stupid he doesn't know jack about software and how to hack program and tamper. He was...
  8. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  9. why suspend my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    why suspend my account: Why log me out my account for that ive had for 12 years then when i put all the right information on the stuff its telling me to put in then it says im wrong And then when I ask for support it...
  10. Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...: I followed the directions on the game and when I went to the Xbox code and went on my console it didn’t work it’s said it had already Been used and it was 1,000 vbuck on that card that I can’t use...