Why, ON EARTH, does changing an XBox gamertag cost 9 dollars?

Discus and support Why, ON EARTH, does changing an XBox gamertag cost 9 dollars? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; This is utterly ridiculous. I have seen the excuse for this being, "Well it takes up data space" and etc, but it isn't that much dataspace. I make my... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by PossiblyNoah, Apr 15, 2021.

1. PossiblyNoah
    PossiblyNoah Guest

This is utterly ridiculous. I have seen the excuse for this being, "Well it takes up data space" and etc, but it isn't that much dataspace. I make my gamer tag but some random numbers are put in my name, ruining the tag, and when I try to change it is shows Xbox trying to mooch of my money just to change a name. How ridiculous. Be like other games or companies that let you change them for free. This price is not needed.

(Correct me if I'm wrong about the data statement. I may possibly be very wrong, I don't know. Sorry if this statement seems mad or angry, I am not, just annoyed.)

:)

PossiblyNoah, Apr 15, 2021
  2. Farscape247 Win User

im not gonna argue with you kid, i have nnever seen any other places where i have to pay to change name simple
  3. ngocphi Win User

You forget that's only in android NOT the individual games

Your apps and gamesdon't care about your Google name it's only used for Google and games global leader which don't affect games leaderboards

Those just affect google and your gamesaves but that has nothing to do with your name it's linked to your account which other then your progress doesn't affect ingame or appmail

Your ingame name is what affects your game not your Google account other then saves and it's only your email linked to your Google account

So what about arenanet or nexon and the thousands of launchers that uses microtransactions for name changes and that is a thing

Fyi my Google playgames account is dazedoperations45 I can guarantee that if someone mailed me in a game they wouldn't get me as my name ingame in most games is

You only mentioned 3 other games but if you google mmorpgs for pc there is thousands not

And first name change is free others require microtransactions or quest item
  4. Farscape247 Win User

android uses your google name which the user id can't be changed anyway. ios uses the apple id which the user id can't be changed. so therefore not relevant.

the fact that so many online services allow name changes to take place; be it instantly and at anytime or time delayed makes xbox, sony and battlenet look greedy.

most online games too like world of tanks, startrek and more also allow free name changes with a max amount of changes in a certain period or time delayed.
  5. PossiblyNoah Win User

I’m very confused as to what your trying to say. It doesn’t make much sense, and the spelling makes it harder to understand.
  6. ngocphi Win User

You forget about the other platforms

You are talking about 4 platforms vs bnet.sony nintendo Arena net

Thousands of games on pc that charges

You.do realize there is a reason for.charging likemyou do.in real.life.right ?

Consequences

You change your name you should seriously think about it you wouldn't if.it was free and.consequences when you make a bad name and result.in a forced namechange and then impulsively do another bad name just because it is.free

Did you know that multiple forced.name.changes can result.in a.permanent suspension of said account

Do you know what a nightmare that would.be ? Oh they didnt like my name so let's change it with a minor spelling change

People already wonder why they can't reuse a bad name

A free namechange they would only do it on impulse

The cost is to.stop you from randomly changing your name just because you feel like it

And make you think about it before spending 10 bucks or did you forget that's what happens when you change your name legally because all of the things you have to update and the consequences like being able to find you

If you think 1-2 weeks changes anything.it doesn't people still.change their names kn impulse even with paid

But when they are forced.to choose another name.for 10 bucks they take it seriously hopefully not with trying to use the previous name
Thema:

1. Why, ON EARTH, does changing an XBox gamertag cost 9 dollars? - Similar Threads - Why EARTH does

2. Why is my xbox one saying unauthorized accessory for my Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox one saying unauthorized accessory for my Xbox controller: [img] This at the top is info on the controller the one at the bottom is the controller itself [img] 8b883425-0891-4122-b705-b883f4591fb1
  3. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  4. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  5. Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox One S to the Xbox app for a while now and it just isn't working. Enable remote features is turned on but it still won't connect. When I look in the Remote...
  6. Why is my invite To game greyed out?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is my invite To game greyed out?: When I want to invite someone to my game in the game bar the invite to game button is greyed out and I can’t invite taken to my game I am playing on windows 11 by the way Oh and also I can’t see...
  7. Why is my Xbox Series X lagging?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X lagging?: My Xbox is brand new, yet it lags terribly when I play online games, like Fortnite for example. I recently just switched over from my Nintendo Switch to the Xbox, expecting that performance would...
  8. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  9. Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...: Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an actual DVD please help i really want to plyto play y, e5f5ca56-d564-47d1-aa93-b40ef50b43d7
  10. Why there is no pro version of xbox series xs coming ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why there is no pro version of xbox series xs coming ?: Is it true that there is no xbox pro coming this year while ps5 getting a pro version? 743a9054-79cc-415a-9920-f13b042d94e3