WHY on Earth do you have a CANCEL ALL button!!!!?

Discus and support WHY on Earth do you have a CANCEL ALL button!!!!? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why, oh WHY is there a cancel all button in the downloads screen?! WHY!? I just lost 98% on a 60GB download because of the stupid ass design! This is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RitzierPlayer94, Oct 30, 2017.

  1. WHY on Earth do you have a CANCEL ALL button!!!!?


    Why, oh WHY is there a cancel all button in the downloads screen?! WHY!? I just lost 98% on a 60GB download because of the stupid ass design! This is the dumbest design choice I've ever seen. Here in Australia, we are basically an Internet Third World country.
    Our internet is horrid. I was downloading that 60GB for about 18 hours! Get home from work, accidentally hit the **** Cancel All your damn progress button, and BOOM. The whole **** thing is gone.

    FIX THIS **** ****! STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!! Or atleast have a **** "ARE YOU SURE!?" Pop up.

    Sincerely,

    A **** PISSED OFF GAMER!!!!!!

    :)
     
    RitzierPlayer94, Oct 30, 2017
    #1
  2. firesq4014
    firesq4014 Guest
    How do you cancel digital game pre-orders?

    Why on earth would you pre order a digital game unless you were 100% sure you wanted it? You are most likely stuck with it now. MS doesn't have to refund you. Why do you want to cancel it?
     
    firesq4014, Oct 30, 2017
    #2
  3. r00fus1337
    r00fus1337 Guest
    Over/Under. How many Live customers is Microsoft going to loser?

    Well another thing to consider in all of this conjecture is if you already have a 360 and enjoy it, why on earth would you not keep it around and have it to use in the same capacity you do now? Heck, I have 2 360's , a PS3, a Wii, a gaming pc and I certainly
    see no reason to cancel my Live for the 360 even if I do opt out of the XB1 and grab a PS4 first (truth be told ill end up with both within 6 months of each-other).
     
    r00fus1337, Oct 30, 2017
    #3
  4. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest

    WHY on Earth do you have a CANCEL ALL button!!!!?

    Its there for someone that wants to cancel all downloads.

    It pretty much says what it does in the name.

    At the end of the day its not Microsoft fault that you hit a button accidentally.
     
    Shaggy2000, Oct 31, 2017
    #4
  5. J3RS3Y DEVIL
    J3RS3Y DEVIL Guest
    It is there for people to cancel a download. (It happens sometimes)

    There is also a Pause Download option.

    Did you not read the options or just decided to start pressing buttons at random?
     
    J3RS3Y DEVIL, Oct 31, 2017
    #5
  6. I agree with the OP. Surprised

    If you're going to incorporate a 'cancel all' option then it MUST come with a 'are you sure' fail safe. Stupid of MS NOT to. To borrow a line from Meet the Robertsons. "Are you sure you thought this thing through Master?" To wit one must answer. They never
    have for with every single step forward, they always take 3 steps back.

    That's evident from everything from the forums to console updates, which begs the question...

    When will they ever get anything right??
     
    ElectroFlying, Oct 31, 2017
    #6
  7. BrianGunter
    BrianGunter Guest
    Definitely sounds like poor UI design choices. You never delete or anything like that without a conformation, that's pretty much common sense in development.
     
    BrianGunter, Oct 31, 2017
    #7
  8. WHY on Earth do you have a CANCEL ALL button!!!!?

    Common sense seems 2b lacking in MS's inner circle these days. Perhaps it's the water they're drinking?

    I've bought 2 controllers, within days the D pad when clicked once would jump 3 or more spaces. Imagine trying to select. "Pause Download" with a New MS controller that jumps from what you wish to select to that which you didn't want to select and hitting
    the A button before you caught the error.

    I bring this up because even though I know what can (will) happen, i've had it happen anyhow bc it'll jump even with the tab you want hi lighted. You then press A and....

    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
     
    ElectroFlying, Oct 31, 2017
    #8
  9. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest
    There should definitely be a confirmation screen. I've not had that specific issue, but I have had issues where the dashboard has been a bit laggy, or my controller didn't respond to a D-pad press, so when I've hit A I've selected
    the option next to the one I wanted.
     
    SigmaTheDJ, Nov 1, 2018
    #9
  10. SigmaTheDJ Win User

    WHY on Earth do you have a CANCEL ALL button!!!!?

    There should definitely be a confirmation screen. I've not had that specific issue, but I have had issues where the dashboard has been a bit laggy, or my controller didn't respond to a D-pad press, so when I've hit A I've selected
    the option next to the one I wanted.
  11. ElectroFlying Win User

    WHY on Earth do you have a CANCEL ALL button!!!!?

    I agree with the OP. Surprised🙂

    If you're going to incorporate a 'cancel all' option then it MUST come with a 'are you sure' fail safe. Stupid of MS NOT to. To borrow a line from Meet the Robertsons. "Are you sure you thought this thing through Master?" To wit one must answer. They never
    have for with every single step forward, they always take 3 steps back.

    That's evident from everything from the forums to console updates, which begs the question...

    When will they ever get anything right??
  12. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

    WHY on Earth do you have a CANCEL ALL button!!!!?

    It is there for people to cancel a download. (It happens sometimes)

    There is also a Pause Download option.

    Did you not read the options or just decided to start pressing buttons at random?
  13. ElectroFlying Win User

    WHY on Earth do you have a CANCEL ALL button!!!!?

    Common sense seems 2b lacking in MS's inner circle these days. Perhaps it's the water they're drinking?

    I've bought 2 controllers, within days the D pad when clicked once would jump 3 or more spaces. Imagine trying to select. "Pause Download" with a New MS controller that jumps from what you wish to select to that which you didn't want to select and hitting
    the A button before you caught the error.

    I bring this up because even though I know what can (will) happen, i've had it happen anyhow bc it'll jump even with the tab you want hi lighted. You then press A and....

    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
  14. Shaggy2000 Win User

    WHY on Earth do you have a CANCEL ALL button!!!!?

    Its there for someone that wants to cancel all downloads.

    It pretty much says what it does in the name.

    At the end of the day its not Microsoft fault that you hit a button accidentally.
Thema:

WHY on Earth do you have a CANCEL ALL button!!!!?

Loading...
  1. WHY on Earth do you have a CANCEL ALL button!!!!? - Similar Threads - WHY Earth CANCEL

  2. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  3. Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?: Ive been in the program for exactly 6 years and 4 months and i am only level 2, so i dont get the full advantages of the insider perks. submitted by /u/bigfackingooner [link] [comments]
  4. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  5. Why is the NextGen survey so long?!

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is the NextGen survey so long?!: I've answered about 100 questions and I'm only 40% through... I'm generally happy to contribute but, seriously, I'm struggling to find the energy to complete it. Shorter, focused surveys would be...
  6. Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??

    in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??: That's a very confusing thing to me like it's right there and because I'm from Lithuania I can't use all stuff on Xbox console I can't even buy Xbox game pass anymore like what submitted by...
  7. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  8. Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...

    in XboX Insiders
    Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...: I'm pissed bc I've been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now and even got myself up to Level 2 a bit ago... Yet... Nothing still. Do they hate me? What is going on?? My Xbox One console says...
  9. Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...: Hey folks, just wondering what the crack is, I certainly think it's a good thing, for example I own RDR2 however, the disc is on its way out, I don't see why we having already paid and put in...
  10. Why on Earth is my Xbox One S taking so long to do anything and freezing every few seconds?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Why on Earth is my Xbox One S taking so long to do anything and freezing every few seconds?: A few days ago, my console was working just fine. Now all of a sudden it takes eons to do literally anything including booting up, and it keeps hanging on menus all the time. Is there a fix to all...