Why no optimisation of SSD/HDD and cleaning of RAM/VRAM?

Discus and support Why no optimisation of SSD/HDD and cleaning of RAM/VRAM? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why no optimisation of SSD/HDD and cleaning of RAM/VRAM? I have an almost new Xbox Series X bought from MS and i tis **** for FM23. Totally due to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rod harper, May 19, 2024.

1. rod harper
    rod harper Guest

Why no optimisation of SSD/HDD and cleaning of RAM/VRAM? I have an almost new Xbox Series X bought from MS and i tis **** for FM23. Totally due to filling up with ****. If I use the REFRESH function during races the control of cars then returns but only for 1 or 2 Laps. Same as first race of the day cold console, empty memory it is good then rapidly becomes ****. Why are Microsoft goods so rubbish? Optimisation of SSD/HDD and cleaning of RAM/VRAM is basic to any PC operations without which they soon get slow and then fail; so why have we no such function on consoles especially MS ones? And don't tell me they don't need that's ****, even turning one off you have to unplug it for 30 mins to try and empty the RAM/VRAM. As example in FH5 in my PC I can remove 1.5 Gb of RAM/VRAM and game runs perfectly with no Low Video Memory warning. Are MS so stupid as to ignore this? Typical Bill Gates fraudulent junk sold on the market place. NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE is Fraud.

:)

rod harper, May 19, 2024
  2. rod harper Win User

Well something is clogging it up which is less so when not rabid ramming. Same as GT Sport and GT7 in PS4/PS5. Consoles are junk.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

defragmentation of SSDs is not necessary as it can access any sector of the drive anytime it wants to

all of these things are done behind-the-scenes, I don't know what you mean by cleaning RAM, but that's not a thing outside of scammy computer utilities. if you're talking about garbage collection by the program all of that is done again transparent to the user

The game runs just fine, so it's probably a problem with your hardware. You claim it's brand new, so youb should exchange it
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

The Xbox Series X isn't a PC. Technically speaking it doesn't have RAM and VRAM like a PC. The system has a unified memory architecture where the game itself is coded with how much memory is utilised as a video frame buffer. If a game is running bad, this is the fault of the developer, not Microsoft necessarily.

As for Bill Gates, he hasn't had anything to do with the running of the company since 2008.

As already mentioned, SSD's don't need any type of 'optimisation' or defragging. The drives have no moving parts, fragmentation of files has zero affect on them.
  5. rod harper Win User

Well I have had and still have SSDs and they require lots of optimisation for Gaming. I have to do this each day. Got 2 quality PCs and have had 3 PS4s (2 put SSDs in) and PS5.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

i've been building PCs for 30 years, and I own a reasonably high-end gaming PC and I have never had to optimize my SSD, ever, let alone daily.

What is "rabid ramming"?

please do not spam things that you either got from an AI or copy/pasted that are simply a list of specifications

Please articulate exactly what the problem is that you experience when you experience it. Are you playing online? how exactly exactly does this manifest itself? Be as specific as possible, preferably with taking a video clip and uploading it somewhere
Thema:

1. Why no optimisation of SSD/HDD and cleaning of RAM/VRAM? - Similar Threads - Why optimisation SSD

2. Why minecraft cape didnt appear iam using java but it shows in the micosoft order history

in XBoX on Windows
    Why minecraft cape didnt appear iam using java but it shows in the micosoft order history: Minecraft cape dosen't appear iam using java version of the game but it shows in order history 238572d1-6d0b-4812-80b1-692abcbe9e47
  3. Why did I get banned for my gamerpic?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did I get banned for my gamerpic?: I just got two strikes and am banned for two days because of my gamer pic/profile picture. It is just a simple picture of me, nothing offensive or anything else like that (I do not wish to show...
  4. Why is the 360 store getting shutting down

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the 360 store getting shutting down: The good old 360 made in 2005 why is the store going away and never coming back again f0300b8d-e1ea-47c6-998a-032a7dede47c
  5. Why my controller keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my controller keeps turning off: I recently updated my elite controller 2 days before making this post. All of a sudden it wouldn't charge and when tried to power on it lights up and slowly dims and powers, when i try to sync it...
  6. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  7. Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?: It's been happening since the day before I posted this. Anytime I try to watch a video on 720p and above stops and lags horribly. Even on ads it lags. ccbcd827-1b3e-4eec-b7cd-da298ea6865f
  8. Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?: Hi! While downloading games in the microsoft store the download speeds are often capped at ~700 kbps or less. This is not only the case for myself, but also for at least five of my friends....
  9. Why is MINECRAFT for XBOX still not optimised for the SERIES X console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is MINECRAFT for XBOX still not optimised for the SERIES X console?: The Xbox version of Minecraft: bedrock edition is a very buggy one, and I know that posting this here is pointless, but I am going to anyway I have been researching and have been frustrated by...
  10. Why does my Xbox series X keep crashing on series X/S optimised games and how do I stop it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox series X keep crashing on series X/S optimised games and how do I stop it?: My Xbox series X keeps crashing on games for the Xbox series X such as F1 2021 F1 22 GTA(but not as much as the F1 games) and sometimes fortnite Some games work without crashing,and those include...