Why no optimisation of SSD/HDD and cleaning of RAM/VRAM?

Discus and support Why no optimisation of SSD/HDD and cleaning of RAM/VRAM? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why no optimisation of SSD/HDD and cleaning of RAM/VRAM? I have an almost new Xbox Series X bought from MS and i tis **** for FM23. Totally due to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rod harper, May 19, 2024.

1. rod harper
    rod harper Guest

Why no optimisation of SSD/HDD and cleaning of RAM/VRAM? I have an almost new Xbox Series X bought from MS and i tis **** for FM23. Totally due to filling up with ****. If I use the REFRESH function during races the control of cars then returns but only for 1 or 2 Laps. Same as first race of the day cold console, empty memory it is good then rapidly becomes ****. Why are Microsoft goods so rubbish? Optimisation of SSD/HDD and cleaning of RAM/VRAM is basic to any PC operations without which they soon get slow and then fail; so why have we no such function on consoles especially MS ones? And don't tell me they don't need that's ****, even turning one off you have to unplug it for 30 mins to try and empty the RAM/VRAM. As example in FH5 in my PC I can remove 1.5 Gb of RAM/VRAM and game runs perfectly with no Low Video Memory warning. Are MS so stupid as to ignore this? Typical Bill Gates fraudulent junk sold on the market place. NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE is Fraud.

:)

rod harper, May 19, 2024
  2. rod harper Win User

Well something is clogging it up which is less so when not rabid ramming. Same as GT Sport and GT7 in PS4/PS5. Consoles are junk.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

defragmentation of SSDs is not necessary as it can access any sector of the drive anytime it wants to

all of these things are done behind-the-scenes, I don't know what you mean by cleaning RAM, but that's not a thing outside of scammy computer utilities. if you're talking about garbage collection by the program all of that is done again transparent to the user

The game runs just fine, so it's probably a problem with your hardware. You claim it's brand new, so youb should exchange it
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

The Xbox Series X isn't a PC. Technically speaking it doesn't have RAM and VRAM like a PC. The system has a unified memory architecture where the game itself is coded with how much memory is utilised as a video frame buffer. If a game is running bad, this is the fault of the developer, not Microsoft necessarily.

As for Bill Gates, he hasn't had anything to do with the running of the company since 2008.

As already mentioned, SSD's don't need any type of 'optimisation' or defragging. The drives have no moving parts, fragmentation of files has zero affect on them.
  5. rod harper Win User

Well I have had and still have SSDs and they require lots of optimisation for Gaming. I have to do this each day. Got 2 quality PCs and have had 3 PS4s (2 put SSDs in) and PS5.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

i've been building PCs for 30 years, and I own a reasonably high-end gaming PC and I have never had to optimize my SSD, ever, let alone daily.

What is "rabid ramming"?

please do not spam things that you either got from an AI or copy/pasted that are simply a list of specifications

Please articulate exactly what the problem is that you experience when you experience it. Are you playing online? how exactly exactly does this manifest itself? Be as specific as possible, preferably with taking a video clip and uploading it somewhere
Thema:

1. Why no optimisation of SSD/HDD and cleaning of RAM/VRAM? - Similar Threads - Why optimisation SSD

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive: 为什么xbox不开放第三方存储卡,官方存储卡太贵了。PS可以使用任何SSD,深受游戏玩家的好评。 submitted by /u/Sure_Government_4353 [link] [comments]
  5. Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?: I just want to know when Microsoft is going to stop with the gross abuse of power when it comes to wrongfully banning people. I got a 15 day ban for asking someone to swap character in a game....
  6. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  7. Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass: I Redeemed 3 different coin packs with my game pass points and never received them. I didn't get an email with a code or a text I was not given anything to redeem them but used my game pass...
  8. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  9. Why is MINECRAFT for XBOX still not optimised for the SERIES X console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is MINECRAFT for XBOX still not optimised for the SERIES X console?: The Xbox version of Minecraft: bedrock edition is a very buggy one, and I know that posting this here is pointless, but I am going to anyway I have been researching and have been frustrated by...
  10. Why does my Xbox series X keep crashing on series X/S optimised games and how do I stop it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox series X keep crashing on series X/S optimised games and how do I stop it?: My Xbox series X keeps crashing on games for the Xbox series X such as F1 2021 F1 22 GTA(but not as much as the F1 games) and sometimes fortnite Some games work without crashing,and those include...