: Why my tv says Xbox 360 sends 480i SD unsupported singal

Discus and support : Why my tv says Xbox 360 sends 480i SD unsupported singal in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Why my tv says Xbox 360 sends 480i SD unsupported singal Need help to solve a mystery. My Sony Bravia used to display 1080p with my Xbox 360. But... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by good day88, Apr 7, 2020.

1. good day88
    good day88 Guest

Need help to solve a mystery.

My Sony Bravia used to display 1080p with my Xbox 360. But one day it just keeps saying unsupported signal. This happens to both HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 ports. Many HDMI cables are used to test but it isn't a cable issue.

This Xbox 360 is tested to output 1080p on other TVs as of yesterday. My RCA tiny tv displayed 1080p as it turned on.

The Sony Bravia works perfect with other laptops when connected via HDMI.

As of yesterday, the Sony Bravia will sometimes display 480i SD on top corner when Xbox 360 is connected and still display unsupported signal at bottom corner

Please help.

:)

good day88, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Skinn0 Win User

Dear good day88,

Have you tried/checked the following xbox settings?

1. Press the X on your controller.

2. Go to Settings in the menu.

3. Go to System Settings.

4. Go to Console Settings.

5. Go to Display.

6. Go to HDTV Settings.

7. Check what options you have and select 1080p.

And if you could, send us some photos of the settings you have listed there. Maybe some photos of the unsupported signal notification from your TV aswel.

With kind regards,

3. IceStorm III Win User

black and white/green tint images after connecting XBOX via Component cables to TV

[quote user="AngstyAlligator"]So I have a brand new XBOX 360 Elite,[/quote]Hasn't been a new Elite since 2010. The Elite moniker was retired when the 360 S was lauched.

You have a new 360 S console, correct? The one with no faceplate support and no original Memory Unit slots?
    a relatively new Westinghouse LCD TV and a brand new set of component cables.
    Which Component cables? The older grey ones had an
    SD/HD TV switch on the side of the housing that plugs into the 360. The newer black one has no SD option.
    Connecting the XBOX through component to either of my two Westinghouse TVs produces a "green tint" if the AV select is on "TV". If
    I set to "HDTV", the screen is devoid of all colour.
    Can you provide the exact model number of your TVs?
    So, what could I possibly be missing here?
    If you have the older grey cable, the switch on the housing that flips
    between SD and HD. The switch doesn't disable the Component part of the cable, it just forces it to 480i mode.
  4. AngstyAlligator Win User

black and white/green tint images after connecting XBOX via Component cables to TV

"Hiya, what is the model number of your Westinghouse LCD TV that you are trying to connect to the XBOX 360? Have you tried to reset the consoles display settings? If, not please do so by following the instructions here."

One is W4207, second one is LTV-32w1. Same problems on both.

-----

Hasn't been a new Elite since 2010. The Elite moniker was retired when the 360 S was lauched.

You have a new 360 S console, correct? The one with no faceplate support and no original Memory Unit slots?

Which Component cables? The older grey ones had an SD/HD TV switch on the side of the housing that plugs into the 360. The newer black one has no SD option.

Can you provide the exact model number of your TVs?

If you have the older grey cable, the switch on the housing that flips between SD and HD. The switch doesn't disable the Component part of the cable, it just forces it to 480i mode."

Okay, it is 360 S.

First they are not Microsoft brand. Second, they are the ones with a switch between TV and HDTV as you say.

Yes, see above this.

Well, when I have it flipped to SD, I get green tint. When HDTV, its totally lacking colour, not even a green tint.

Cheers
  5. jetsafl Win User

Xbox one tv won't fit tv screen

Would be nice if there was a passthrough option. I have my Cable box set up to send SD channels in stretch and HD in Native to the TV. Now with the Xbox One, sicne it is doing a stretch again things still look fine and it adjusts between HD and SD, but
    if I start the TV / Xbox with an HD channel on it shows in stretch until I manually go to an SD channel then back or go into the menu and change the setting.
  6. danielufcfan Win User

Component v Hdmi question

The TV is only 720p so I deffo won't be getting a new xbox for hdmi, got to say I'm very disappointed with the PQ on this TV though, so I might be looking at sending it back and buying a new one of them instead, its a joke barely better then SD!
Thema:

1. : Why my tv says Xbox 360 sends 480i SD unsupported singal - Similar Threads - Why says 360

2. Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...: Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now” but when I got into my back up account it works perfectly? 210c2e1d-b065-40b4-957f-8e6c59731f4f
  3. Why does the code say already redeemed

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the code say already redeemed: Just bought a gift card and son tried to redeem on account and it says the code has already been redeemed 2f38dac4-7ccf-435e-96df-d4ff11904b74
  4. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?: My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked fine. How can it show what friends are online...
  5. Why does my mw3 on xbox 360 keeps saying tbe communication with xbox live has been...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my mw3 on xbox 360 keeps saying tbe communication with xbox live has been...: Why does my mw3 on xbox 360 keeps saying tbe communication with xbox live has been interrupted if I'm actually connected? ba3926af-0fcf-4032-963d-e0e473da5eed
  6. Why does Everytime I go to buy the dragonborne addon for Skyrim Xbox 360 it says error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Everytime I go to buy the dragonborne addon for Skyrim Xbox 360 it says error...: I'm asking that question cuz that's happening to me 8dff1bd1-3902-494d-a391-09d0ba0ca34f
  7. Why does it still say I’m playing modern warfare 2 2009 (the one for Xbox 360) on my Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it still say I’m playing modern warfare 2 2009 (the one for Xbox 360) on my Xbox one: My Xbox one profile still says I’m on modern warfare 2 even though I’m on a whole different game and I have no clue how to fix it. I’ve already tried restarting my Xbox, hard restarting it,...
  8. Why does my Xbox 360 keep saying "A problem occurred while signing in"?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 360 keep saying "A problem occurred while signing in"?: Why does my Xbox 360 keep saying a problem occurred while signing in? 86dda86d-23ac-4894-97a0-aac178e14dce
  9. Why does my Xbox 360 say "You cannot create a Xbox live account now."?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox 360 say "You cannot create a Xbox live account now."?: I cannot create an Xbox live account on my Xbox 360. Did it discontinue? 53ce4768-48f2-4472-9aee-1cb85dbe4554
  10. Why does battlefield 3 Xbox 360 multiplayer boot me off saying it can't read the disk but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does battlefield 3 Xbox 360 multiplayer boot me off saying it can't read the disk but...: I keep getting booted off of multiplayer on battlefield 3 Xbox 360 stating it can't read the disk, the disk is dirty, but I'm playing on a digital copy? No disk 3c1658df-fc75-4e8d-a104-75722ea3f4c7