why my tabs from microsoft edge stills sleep even tho my sleeping tabs are disabled?,

Discus and support why my tabs from microsoft edge stills sleep even tho my sleeping tabs are disabled?, in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; every time i go in another page, my tabs just gets discarded even when i disable the sleeping tabs option but it stills discard the tabs, this is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by marcos vinicius junior, Mar 9, 2023.

1. why my tabs from microsoft edge stills sleep even tho my sleeping tabs are disabled?,

every time i go in another page, my tabs just gets discarded even when i disable the sleeping tabs option but it stills discard the tabs, this is getting really annoying because i use a xbox one for work because i dont have a computer or any phone and i need many tabs for my work and its horrible how every time i go to other page the last page just get discarded. please help me (by the way my english is pretty bad because im not from usa, im from brazil so sorry for some typing errors)

:)

marcos vinicius junior, Mar 9, 2023
  2. Belen T.C. Win User

How can we Xbox players turn of sleeping tabs on Xbox WITHOUT A SETTING FOR THAT

Hello Anton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience you’re facing with sleeping tabs on Xbox Edge. I understand how frustrating it can be when you’re unable to find a direct setting to disable them. Sleeping tabs are a feature that helps save power and improve performance by pausing inactive tabs in the background. While the option to turn off sleeping tabs isn’t explicitly available, there are some workarounds you can try:

1. Adjust Power Settings:
      • Although the specific sleeping tabs setting is missing, you can modify your Xbox’s power settings to prevent tabs from going to sleep too quickly:
        • Go to Settings.
        • Navigate to Power & startup.
        • Adjust the Turn off after duration to a longer period.
        • This won’t directly affect Edge, but it will keep your console active for a more extended time, potentially preventing tab sleep.
    2. Specific Sites Whitelist:
      • While not ideal, you mentioned that adding specific sites to the “never go to sleep” section worked for you.
      • Continue using this workaround by adding essential sites you want to keep active.
    3. Restart Edge:
      • Sometimes, a simple restart can help:
        • Close Edge completely.
        • Reopen it and check if the tabs still reload after reopening.

If you have any feedback or suggestions about this feature, please let us know through the Xbox Insider Hub app or the Xbox UserVoice website.
    I hope Microsoft considers adding this feature in a future update.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Geri M. Win User

Tabs keep sleeping even without sleeping tabs on (xbox)

Hello nicholasb0,

We are glad to know that everything is working now. In that case, we will be closing this thread now.

Please do not hesitate to ask the community anytime just in case you have any questions in the future.

We value your feedback, click Yes or No to help us improve the support experience.

Voting responses will also be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. nicholasb0 Win User

this appears to work for now so

thanks!
  5. bienkey Win User

Yeah sadly unchecking the "sleeping tabs" option doesn't work but checking it and adding to "never put to sleep" works
  6. Geri M. Win User

Hi nicholasb0,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you want to control your tab. We would like to suggest these steps on the settings to modify.

With latest version of Edge, Microsoft added this feature to improve the memory usage of the browser.

Based on your posted query you haven’t activated or used sleeping tab on Edge however we still want to make sure that the setting of your Edge is on the right track.

I have provided a screenshot below where you can follow on how to control or even add a specific website to avoid the tab from fading or sleeping.

1. Go to settings
      [​IMG]

2. Click System
    3. Under Optimize Performance you can enable/disable the “fading sleeping tabs” feature. If it’s enable, please disable it.
    4. Under “Add” you can add the Xbox website to specifically stop the tab from sleeping.

[​IMG]

I hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let me know.

I will be glad to follow up and help you.

Have a great day ahead.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

why my tabs from microsoft edge stills sleep even tho my sleeping tabs are disabled?,

1. why my tabs from microsoft edge stills sleep even tho my sleeping tabs are disabled?, - Similar Threads - why tabs microsoft

2. why suspend my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    why suspend my account: Why log me out my account for that ive had for 12 years then when i put all the right information on the stuff its telling me to put in then it says im wrong And then when I ask for support it...
  3. Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...: I followed the directions on the game and when I went to the Xbox code and went on my console it didn’t work it’s said it had already Been used and it was 1,000 vbuck on that card that I can’t use...
  4. “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?: [img] The problem is persistent and I can not seem to find any troubleshooting solutions at all. 3315c945-3c3b-4d5e-83c3-182458e7561a
  5. Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is: W I'm getting billed for[MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO] I don't know why or what it is?help please 71cfec8f-e672-4d9a-afdc-8f42dbbd5613
  6. Why can't I purchase Fortnite crew from the tab on Fortnite?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I purchase Fortnite crew from the tab on Fortnite?: I've tried to buy Fortnite crew directly from Fortnite, and I keep getting an error that says "Oops. Not sure what happened there. Please try again later." I can purchase anything else just fine,...
  7. Why don't I have an 'Add friend' tab on minecraft on nintendo switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why don't I have an 'Add friend' tab on minecraft on nintendo switch: I keep going over and over and over this. Sooo frustrating. 1. We have a switch 2. We have a son playing switch minecraft 3. We register on line 4. He wants to add a friend 5. We DONT have...
  8. Why did you, (Microsoft) remove my Xbox Networking tab without my permission?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did you, (Microsoft) remove my Xbox Networking tab without my permission?: Returned home after being away for 3 weeks only to come back to a missing Xbox Networking tab in my settings on my PC. Not only was my PC in FULL shut down, but you also apparently removed my Xbox...
  9. Why can’t I find the tab to redeem digital direct offers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I find the tab to redeem digital direct offers?: There’s two parts to this question: 1. Does any Xbox Series S included the Gilded Hunter bundle? (Fortnite, Rocket league, and Fall Guys) because I have an Xbox Series S and I want the bundle for...
  10. why is my installed game controllers tab empty even tho my xbox controller is connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my installed game controllers tab empty even tho my xbox controller is connected?: Hello, My "set up a usb game controller" tab is empty. My controllers are connected through cables and the light is on, but its not picking up on installed game controllers, therefore i cant...