Why my games on Xbox taking long to download? How can I make it faster

Discus and support Why my games on Xbox taking long to download? How can I make it faster in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Why my games taking a slow to download? How can I make it fast 53fa3f62-5239-4399-83f4-cff028ddf988 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Brandi Womack, Dec 27, 2022.

1. Why my games on Xbox taking long to download? How can I make it faster

Why my games taking a slow to download? How can I make it fast

:)

Brandi Womack, Dec 27, 2022
  2. John P_14 Win User

I'm sorry that didn't help. Please test the connection that your console is getting.

Kindly go to settings > General > network > test multiplayer connection.

Once you see the result, on the result page kindly press and hold the triggers and bumpers (LB, RB, LT, RT) buttons at the same time.

It should bring up the most updated detailed network statistics.

Kindly get the Latency, packet loss, upload, download speed and the NAT Type.

Latency: Should be below 100ms

Packet loss : should be 0%

Upload speed: at least 1mbps

Download Speed: at least 5mbps

Nat Type: Should be Open so that you wont encounter problem with connecting to other players.

If in case one of your connection does not meet the requirements above. Try the steps below.

Change DNS on your console.

1. Please go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > DNS settings

2. Primary DNS: 208.67.222.222

3. Secondary DNS: 208.67.220.220

4. Please hard reboot the console

To hard reboot Press the Xbox button for 10 to 15 seconds until the console turns off. Unplug it from the wall for 3 minutes then plug it back in and turn it back on.
  3. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you

Please try doing a hard reset on your console by following the steps below;

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

If it still doesn't work, try this;

Note: Make sure that you know your account logins before doing this step. Also, this will remove all your Home Xbox associations.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info > Reset console.

3. On the Reset your console? screen, you'll select Reset and keep my games & apps.
  4. Muttonloaf99 Win User

Connected to the internet but not to LIVE?

Also why do my downloads take so long? Halo reach took over 4 hours to download. Any idea for faster downloads?
  5. AlienSmashBot Win User

Active Downloads

Do you know if all games take forever to download on the Xbox or is it something to do with my network. All of my down loads have taken a long time but this is rediculous it's been 8 hours and its at 22%! what can I do to make it go faster. The game is
    only like 4.75GB and I still have 208GB of space left .
  6. Mr Durva Win User

terramorphous invincible (spoier )

farming his doesnt take long just keep doing it, if you can do it with buddies to make it go faster
Thema:

1. Why my games on Xbox taking long to download? How can I make it faster - Similar Threads - Why games taking

2. Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...: Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an actual DVD please help i really want to plyto play y, e5f5ca56-d564-47d1-aa93-b40ef50b43d7
  3. Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?: Its 2024 and bandwidth is a solved problem. Why am I paying subscription fees and over $100 to play a game that doesn't have modern reliability. MW3 updates at least once a month and more or less...
  4. Why does cloud gaming take so long?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does cloud gaming take so long?: I am currently getting a 240 minute wait time on fortnite, extremely inconvenient. ce8695b9-52ae-462b-9082-0e35c9b93882
  5. Why does it take so long on xbox cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it take so long on xbox cloud gaming: I don't recommend this website bcz when I load into the app It says I have to wait 345 minutes 8eb2fe5c-6408-4e32-85c4-c2c12ebc3ceb
  6. why are my games on the xbox PC app taking so long to download. Its not my internet either

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why are my games on the xbox PC app taking so long to download. Its not my internet either: My game is downloading at like 7.7mb/s how do i increase it a593b27e-d09e-49a2-9464-66ab57a6b0c9
  7. why cant i delete a games files that i no longer have. its taking up 60gb and i need to...

in XBoX on Windows
    why cant i delete a games files that i no longer have. its taking up 60gb and i need to...: its a world of warships file 5474634f-d939-42bb-bc1a-3e7bb3bf854a
  8. Why does it take so long for game patches to be released on Xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it take so long for game patches to be released on Xbox?: Lies of P just released a patch that I'm looking forward to trying. This patch is released on both Steam and Playstation already with no issues, yet it's not showing up on Xbox at all. This is a...
  9. Cloud gaming the question is why does it take so long to load up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud gaming the question is why does it take so long to load up: Cloud gaming why does it take so long to load up when Xbox announce so quickly Are you able to play games anywhere through cloud gaming on any particular kind of platform as long as it is...
  10. Why when i try to insert a game into my series x it doesnt take the disc and makes a loud...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when i try to insert a game into my series x it doesnt take the disc and makes a loud...: I probably have had the series x for a few months and haven’t tried to insert a game until today and when i try to insert a game it doesnt take the game. Also when i first got the console i...