Why my blue ray DVD player on Xbox one won't play with out internet

Discus and support Why my blue ray DVD player on Xbox one won't play with out internet in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why is my Xbox one won't play my blue ray DVD player on Xbox one game system with out the internet f18ad27e-17cf-4ee1-8807-8968277237b0 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DeanPowell4, Aug 15, 2020.

1. DeanPowell4
    DeanPowell4 Guest

Why is my Xbox one won't play my blue ray DVD player on Xbox one game system with out the internet

:)

DeanPowell4, Aug 15, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Dean

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently inquiring about why you are unable to use an app on your console offline.

You are unable to use any sort of apps on your console while offline. Since the Blu-ray Player app is required to launch in order to use to view media from discs, you would be unable to use it while you are not currently connected to Xbox Live [the internet]

That being said, there are certain things your console can do while it is not online, and for that, I would like to refer you to the article title

Using Xbox One offline
    , as it has detailed information that you may find usefull moving forward.

I hope this was able to clear up any confusion this may have caused.
  3. Drabz Win User

XBox One

yes the Xbox one comes with blue-ray built in. and will play blue-rays and regular dvd's.
  4. IceStorm III Win User

Will the HD DVD xbox360 drive work on the X1?

[quote user="FullHornet"]It makes absolutely no sense why an Xbox One would play DVDs and Blu-Ray's and not play HD DVDs.[/quote]HD DVD and Blu-ray are formatted differently on the disc. Blu-ray players cannot read HD DVDs and vice versa. The exception being
    multi-format drives designed to read both (I have two).

Beyond the physical inability to read an HD DVD in a Blu-ray drive, there's the issue of software. HDi Interactive Format was the standard used to create HD DVD menus and other content on-disc outside of the actual movie files. Blu-ray uses scripts and Java.
    Unless playback software can understand HDi Interactive Format, HD DVD menus won't work and the disc won't play.

If it was possible for Blu-ray players to play HD DVD, people wouldn't be holding onto HD DVD drives.
  5. WeepinProphet Win User

Problem reading dvd discs?

Hey,guys I'm having the issue with my Xbox one not playing dvds. When I put them in the blue ray player app launches and then gives me this message. " We are having trouble reading this. Make sure it's a Blu-ray or DVD. If it's a game, launch it from your
    games & apps instead. ( 0x91d7000)." It plays Blu-ray and game discs just fine
  6. wstiga17 Win User

Blue Ray DVD Player

I would like to watch Blue Ray DVD Discs, because there is no DVD Player in the console of X-Box One S.
Thema:

1. Why my blue ray DVD player on Xbox one won't play with out internet - Similar Threads - Why blue ray

2. Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...: I followed the directions on the game and when I went to the Xbox code and went on my console it didn’t work it’s said it had already Been used and it was 1,000 vbuck on that card that I can’t use...
  3. “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?: [img] The problem is persistent and I can not seem to find any troubleshooting solutions at all. 3315c945-3c3b-4d5e-83c3-182458e7561a
  4. Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is: W I'm getting billed for[MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO] I don't know why or what it is?help please 71cfec8f-e672-4d9a-afdc-8f42dbbd5613
  5. Why do I have a full blue screen when I lauchn fornite?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have a full blue screen when I lauchn fornite?: I have a full blue screen when i launch fortnite. a38490ca-0f47-489c-a5c3-4c1432a2648f
  6. Why does Deep Rock Galactic randomly send me to my desktop out of the blue without warning?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Deep Rock Galactic randomly send me to my desktop out of the blue without warning?: I started to use the Windows 10 version of Deep Rock Galactic more and more since my friends started to get into the game more and more. But every time I load up the game, it crashes within the...
  7. why is my Fortnite screen solid blue but can hear game sound?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is my Fortnite screen solid blue but can hear game sound?: Fortnite is showing a solid blue screen upon starting game, game sound can be heard but blue screen stays solid so can't play game. What's up with this? dd3d293c-e421-4078-bb73-1f810e94fa4d
  8. Why does my PC turn my Xbox controllers blue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my PC turn my Xbox controllers blue?: Every controller I plug into my PC always turns light blue. Even if I use Xbox accessories to change the color, it will always return to a light blue color, and I have confirmed it is indeed my PC...
  9. Why is there a blue loading screen when I change my gamerpic?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is there a blue loading screen when I change my gamerpic?: It's a black screen with a blue outline and a few circles that go around repeatedly. I've tried on my computer and my phone but it doesn't seem to work. I've tried the xbox app but it doesn't give...
  10. Why is my Xbox screen turning light blue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox screen turning light blue?: Hello! I have the Xbox series S and lately I’m not sure what’s going on but it suddenly turns neon blue or neon green and purple. I tried everything; I moved around the cords switched the hdmi...