Why laptop lags after I download a game

Discus and support Why laptop lags after I download a game in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Why does my laptop lags every time I downloaded a game.. after I download a game my whole laptop starts crashing for some reason.. the only way I know... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by AceHotShots, Jan 11, 2023.

1. AceHotShots
    AceHotShots Guest

Why does my laptop lags every time I downloaded a game.. after I download a game my whole laptop starts crashing for some reason.. the only way I know how to fix this is to uninstall the game but I don't really want to do that . So I'm asking just incase there is a way to fix it without deleting the game...

:)

AceHotShots, Jan 11, 2023
  2. AceHotShots Win User

I have done a lot of methods to try to fix this including that on suggestion but nothing really works... It keeps crashing everytime I open it for sometime ... I tried resetting my laptop instead but I didnt work again it said it didn't reset anything so I tried to Google some answers and found a way to do it and it is to do the dism\online\cleanup-image thing but it didn't work either because while waiting for it to fix it my laptop crashes .. and i basically can't do anything about it anymore.. my laptop keeps crashing so I tried to reset and it doesn't work and to only way that I know how to fix the reset error is throught CMD but I can't do it either because it crashes my laptop.. I really can't afford to go to a technician because I can't afford it pls hellpp😭
  3. AceHotShots Win User

I tried updating my windows because that's where it lead me when I try to follow your instructions.. I then just left it to update and after a while my laptop went to bios utility but I just restarted my laptop and then it opened back again but then after using my laptop for like 5 mins it suddenly crashes and the blue screen appeared and restarted so I just let it restart but after using my laptop again it started to crash and the blue screen appeared.. it keeps happening and happening and now I don't really know what to do.. I tried some suggestions online but nothing seems to work like trying to uninstall the update again but when I checked the last update was on Dec 16 and I just updated this a while ago (Jan 16) I don't really want happened plsss hellpp.. 😭
  4. Myk Ylaya Win User

Hi, sorry to hear that it happened after updating your Windows.

1. Hold down the power button for 10 seconds to turn off your device.

2. Press the power button again to turn on your device.

3. On the first sign that Windows has started (for example, some devices show the manufacturer’s logo when restarting) hold down the power button for 10 seconds to turn off your device.

4. Press the power button again to turn on your device.

5. When Windows starts again, hold down the power button for 10 seconds to turn off your device.

6. Press the power button again to turn on your device.

7. This time, allow your device to fully start up.

8. Select Advanced options.

9. Now that you're in winRE, on the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Repair > Restart.

If that didn't work, please try System Restore as well.

For reference to the instructions provided. You may check this link. https://support.microsoft.com/windows/31ce2444-7de3-818c-d626-e3b5a3024da5

Please feel free to get back if you need any additional info.

Kind Regards
    Myk
  5. AceHotShots Win User

I tried it.. ended up using my own money just to buy a flash drive somehow didn't work again because when I thought it was finally going smoothly while downloading windows something popped up saying ''windows cannot install required files make sure all files required for installation are available" At this point I don't even know what to do anymore. I came here expecting to fix my computer so I don't have to spend anything because I can't afford to upgrade my computer but now I ended up having to spend more money than I expected... So I'll just try to earn money so I can go to the technician to get it fixed instead.. it's probably gonna take sometime to earn it and I don't even have anything to use anymore especially that my online class just started and I'm just trying to use my phone instead.
  6. Myk Ylaya Win User

Hello, what you can do is perform a clean install or reinstall a fresh copy of Windows.

Here are the steps on how to create Windows installation media.

1. Insert a USB flash drive with at least 8GB of space on a working device.
    NOTE: Any content on the flash drive will be deleted.
    2. click this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/
    3. Download the tool and click run.
    4. Select Accept.
    5. Select Create installation media for another PC, and then select Next.
    6. Select which USB flash drive you want to use.
    7. Start the download. This process would take an hour or two depending on your internet speed.

Once the download is completed:

1. Insert the USB flash drive into the affected computer
    2. Restart your PC.
    3. On the Install Windows page, select your language, time, and keyboard preferences, and then select Next.
    4. Select Install Windows.

Please let me know if you still have further questions.

Kind Regards,
    Myk
Thema:

1. Why laptop lags after I download a game - Similar Threads - Why laptop lags

2. Why does my XBOX hdmi work on my laptop but not my TV?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my XBOX hdmi work on my laptop but not my TV?: I've tried 2 different HDMI cords AND 2 different TVS. Neither of them are showing signal for HDMI 1 or 2. It was working just fine yesterday morning and then it just stopped working out of...
  3. Why does roblox crash my laptop?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does roblox crash my laptop?: My roblox was working just fine, but from not too long ago, I can't play it because after just getting to the login screen, after some seconds, it gives my laptop a bluescreen or it just resets...
  4. Why does roblox crash my laptop?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does roblox crash my laptop?: My roblox was working just fine, but from not too long ago, I can't play it because after just getting to the login screen, after some seconds, it gives my laptop a bluescreen or it just resets...
  5. Why wont gamepass ultimate connect to my laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont gamepass ultimate connect to my laptop: I just got a laptop and was setting up the xbox app so i could get gamepass games form the ultimate subscription i have but for some reason it's telling me i need to buy gamepass even though I own...
  6. Why does my laptop download stuff 10x faster than my gaming pc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my laptop download stuff 10x faster than my gaming pc?: i got max 3mb p/s download speed with and avg of around 2 on my pc yet 20+ on my laptop. my laptop is a LENOVO_MT_20R6_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad L13 Yoga and the wifi adapter thing for my pc is...
  7. Why has my new my laptop came with someone elses xbox account .

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why has my new my laptop came with someone elses xbox account .: I have subscribed to the 3 month xbox games pass which came with my laptop. However, someone elses username/account is on here. On trying to access games I cant as the already-user is underage! I...
  8. why can i play cloud gaming on my phone fine yet when i use it the same way on my laptop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can i play cloud gaming on my phone fine yet when i use it the same way on my laptop...: there no possible screenshot as it just goes back to the home page after trying to boot up the game ea819072-62a3-4da1-979f-c918ef8d48aa
  9. why cant a download roblox from microsoft store on my laptop?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant a download roblox from microsoft store on my laptop?: why cant a download roblox from microsoft store on my laptop? 39b0e822-fa54-4a0f-bc08-70f54e57bd9a
  10. My Laptop Keep Lagging In Games I don't Know Why??

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Laptop Keep Lagging In Games I don't Know Why??: When Ever I play a Game No matter what type of game low graphics games or High Graphics Game it's lagging I am Cleaning Up my Laptop Every Week(Recycle Bin, Temp files, Unwanted Files, etc..) I...