Why keep my games crashing?

Discus and support Why keep my games crashing? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Dear Xbox, I have an xbox series s and have it for 5 months. Sinds i bought it, it keeps crashing in every game. I have tried everything but nothing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xxCarrot, Jan 25, 2023.

1. xxCarrot
    xxCarrot Guest

Dear Xbox,

I have an xbox series s and have it for 5 months. Sinds i bought it, it keeps crashing in every game. I have tried everything but nothing works. When i play fortnite it just crashes for some reason in the middle of the game. And sometimes it turns off completely. I have tried restarting my xbox, factory reseting, making a new acc, reinstalled games and nothing worked so far. I dont know if it is a cooling problem or something else. Please if anyone can help it would be a blessing

:)

xxCarrot, Jan 25, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi there! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here. This is clearly not the situation I want you to be in mate. Let's do our best to figure this out.

You mentioned that you already performed a factory reset, did you try to remove everything or just keep games and apps?
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

flickering/acting like it has film grain

That is why you will select keep my games and apps!
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Why Does My Game Keep Crashing????!!!

Hi doug,

You could try an
    offline update
    instead. This will update the console offline. Sometimes updates glitch or become corrupt. This will be next step if the factory reset doesn't work.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. WPAK Win User

Why Does My Game Keep Crashing????!!!

Hi there,

is your console set to Instant-On if so please try to set it to Energy-Safe mode to see if that makes any difference.

It will fully turn off each time when powered down, so boot time will be a bit longer, but it's good to know if it helps (or not)

Another thing to try would be to try a factory reset (with keeping games and apps installed) to see if that helps anything.

for the steps see:
    https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

Let us know the results
  6. CK4W Win User

why does my game keep crashing

It sounds like it could be a connection issue, I've had the same problem with some games and had to end up reinstalling the games. But more and likely what's causing it is there might be a file that is corrupt that's making the game force crash.
Thema:

1. Why keep my games crashing? - Similar Threads - Why keep games

2. Why does xbox live keep disconnecting when playing a game on xbox x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox live keep disconnecting when playing a game on xbox x: when playing a game on xbox x I get the message disconnected from xbox live? this is only happening recently. 46277482-812f-41f2-bdc8-a42a08acc070
  3. WHY DOES EVERY GAME ON MY XBOX KEEP CRASHING?

in XBoX on Consoles
    WHY DOES EVERY GAME ON MY XBOX KEEP CRASHING?: FOR A WEEK AND A HALF MY XBOX HAS BEEN CRASHING DURING EVERY GAME. IVE TRIED EVERY METHOD ON THE INTERNET EVEN PURCHASED A NEW FAN AND INSTALLED IT. Still no good. It’s 1/11/23 and still I can’t...
  4. Why does my game keep stopping installing?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game keep stopping installing?: For some reason whenever I try to install The Sims 4 it just stops downloading all the time. The highest it's gotten to is the 59%. It's really annoying so if anyone knows how to fix it that'd be...
  5. Why does my Xbox x keep crashing? And how do I fix it. I have deleted the game switched...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox x keep crashing? And how do I fix it. I have deleted the game switched...: Why does my Xbox x keep crashing? And how do I fix it. I have deleted the game switched profiles and factory reset it twice. It still crashes with every game and any profile I chose. Someone pls...
  6. Why my game keep saying something went wrong

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my game keep saying something went wrong: My game keeps saying something went wrong eefb6860-ee68-4197-bd4d-dd82bf2134ab
  7. Why does Xbox no longer keep Games up to date via auto update that havent been played recently?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does Xbox no longer keep Games up to date via auto update that havent been played recently?: Xbox used to keep all of my games updated, so anytime i turned it on, i could play any of my games, Now if i turn it on, every time i have like 40 updates even though its left in instant-on and...
  8. Why does NBA 2k23 keep asking if I own this game after I bought it and have played it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does NBA 2k23 keep asking if I own this game after I bought it and have played it?: Why does NBA 2k23 keep asking if I own this game after I bought it and have played it? 45d626c2-f797-4cd9-81ff-efe3699ab4d9
  9. Why do Bethesda games keep crashing?!/!?! Please fix this mess asap.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do Bethesda games keep crashing?!/!?! Please fix this mess asap.: So Fallout 4 crashes every 30 minutes or so.. Dishonored crashes whenever I load a save within 5 minutes.. Rage 2 crashes within an hour. Prey (the new one.) crashes if I load into a new area too...
  10. Why does my game keep freezing and crashes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my game keep freezing and crashes: I always get booted cause my game freezes then crashes had this problem for a while and I have tried everything. It is very frustrating fe12a0b4-2c99-44b8-a8e4-f86c56431ca6