Why Javaw.exe in windows-64x folder

Discus and support Why Javaw.exe in windows-64x folder in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When I opened the location of the javaw.exe file while playing Minecraft, I saw that it was windows-64x. I checked the digital signatures and there was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by deniz selduz, Mar 9, 2025.

  1. deniz selduz
    deniz selduz Guest

    Why Javaw.exe in windows-64x folder


    When I opened the location of the javaw.exe file while playing Minecraft, I saw that it was windows-64x. I checked the digital signatures and there was no signature, I think it should be in a file like programfiles. Could this be a hidden virus?

    :)
     
    deniz selduz, Mar 9, 2025
    #1
  2. Emmanuel Santana Win User

    Why Javaw.exe in windows-64x folder

    Greetings, and welcome to the Xbox Community! Connect with players from around the world, get help when you need it, and share your gaming journey.

    About your question, the legit javaw.exe file, which is used by Java apps like Minecraft, is usually located in one of these folders:

    - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.x.x_xx\bin\javaw.exe (for 64-bit Java)

    - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.x.x_xx\bin\javaw.exe (for 32-bit Java)

    Sometimes, Minecraft uses its own built-in Java runtime, which is often found here:

    C:\Program Files (x86)\Minecraft Launcher\runtime\jre-legacy\windows-x64\bin\javaw.exe

    So I believe that's the one you are looking at, if that's the case it's pretty much normal.
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

    Not able to play Minecraft with other players on LAN

    Hi there Death welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan and been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. If Minecraft is not allowed in Firewall, the LAN not working issue can happen. You can check the Firewall settings and ensure the Minecraft executable file “javaw.exe” is allowed in Firewall.

    First, navigate to Control Panel -> Windows Defender Firewall -> Allow an app for feature through Windows Defender Firewall.

    Then see if the “javaw.exe” is checked. If it’s not checked, click the Change settings button then check the box next to “javaw.exe”. If you see more than one “javaw.exe” entries, check all of them. Also ensure the Private box and the Public box are checked.
  4. Christopher Revoredo Win User

    Not able to play Minecraft with other players on LAN

    Hi there Death welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. If Minecraft is not allowed in Firewall, the LAN not working issue can happen. You can check the Firewall settings and ensure the Minecraft executable file “javaw.exe” is allowed in Firewall.

    First, navigate to Control Panel -> Windows Defender Firewall -> Allow an app for feature through Windows Defender Firewall.

    Then see if the “javaw.exe” is checked. If it’s not checked, click the Change settings button then check the box next to “javaw.exe”. If you see more than one “javaw.exe” entries, check all of them. Also ensure the Private box and the Public box are checked.
  5. Csonka Levente Win User

    I am trying to donwload the latest nvidia driver, but i get errors like: "no compatible graphics driver found" and "not compatible windows version"

    My graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 820m

    I am using windows 10 and it is 64x bits. Only my display is 32x bit.
  6. Kathy A. Win User

    Javaw.Exe

    Hello xdmesaays,

    We have noticed that you have not responded to our last message. We would like to know whether the issue you have raised with us is still ongoing. If yes, please let us know so that we can continue our conversation.

    Regards,

Thema:

Why Javaw.exe in windows-64x folder

Loading...
  1. Why Javaw.exe in windows-64x folder - Similar Threads - Why Javaw exe

  2. Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?: Ive been in the program for exactly 6 years and 4 months and i am only level 2, so i dont get the full advantages of the insider perks. submitted by /u/bigfackingooner [link] [comments]
  3. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  4. Why is the NextGen survey so long?!

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is the NextGen survey so long?!: I've answered about 100 questions and I'm only 40% through... I'm generally happy to contribute but, seriously, I'm struggling to find the energy to complete it. Shorter, focused surveys would be...
  5. Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??

    in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??: That's a very confusing thing to me like it's right there and because I'm from Lithuania I can't use all stuff on Xbox console I can't even buy Xbox game pass anymore like what submitted by...
  6. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  7. Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...

    in XboX Insiders
    Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...: I'm pissed bc I've been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now and even got myself up to Level 2 a bit ago... Yet... Nothing still. Do they hate me? What is going on?? My Xbox One console says...
  8. Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...: Hey folks, just wondering what the crack is, I certainly think it's a good thing, for example I own RDR2 however, the disc is on its way out, I don't see why we having already paid and put in...
  9. Why a $200 Xbox Handheld with Physical Cartridges Is the Reset the Industry Needs

    in XboX Insiders
    Why a $200 Xbox Handheld with Physical Cartridges Is the Reset the Industry Needs: Look at the handheld market right now. On one side, you have $600–$900+ handheld PCs (ROG Ally, Legion Go, Steam Deck OLED) running desktop OS bloat, requiring constant setting tweaks, and...
  10. Please fix the play history don’t know why I got empty boxes in that place ?

    in XboX Insiders
    Please fix the play history don’t know why I got empty boxes in that place ?: Last two updates the play history don’t work for me ? submitted by /u/Masio666 [link] [comments]