Why it's taking. Too long for. My games. To download

Discus and support Why it's taking. Too long for. My games. To download in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My games. Taking Forever to download 701a00f4-39a0-4bd8-83af-42022c08b0c0 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Brandi Womack, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Why it's taking. Too long for. My games. To download

My games. Taking Forever to download

:)

Brandi Womack, Dec 30, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi Brandi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

The game installation will depend on your network download speed along with the file size.

Are you connected wirelessly or via wired? If you're connected wirelessly, please try connecting your console to your router directly using an ethernet cable.

If wirelessly, please perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

You can also check this link as additional guidance: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/Games-Apps/...
  3. onyxishere Win User

downloads games take too long

If you are using online features such as multiplayer games or streaming apps when downloading games the download may stop for a period of time and can even take longer to complete.
  4. Mellerker39 Win User

Why do I see this popping up when I turn on my xbox 360 when connecting to xbox live?

Why can't I download a recover profile?

Takes too long even on high speed.
  5. K-Twiki Win User

Why is my home taking too long to start

I reset my xbox then it said home has taken too long to start and then stays on a black screen
    Well, I have a "similar" problem. When turning on my XBox Series X, after turning console off (in any power mode), or from doing a Full Shutdown, or, restarting it, I will see the opening logo animation, and shortly after, a blank screen, instead of seeing
    my login options.

• The work-around is to go to the console and press and hold the XBox button, until the console shuts down, then wait about 7 seconds, and then just press the XBox button again, to power the console on, and everything works normally.
    • I tried all of the video resolution suggestions and nothing works. Pretty much have to start it, then do a hard shutdown, to get the console to start normally :(
    The other funny thing I noticed, is that after I changed the name of my console, to something else, other than XBOX, and then restart it, I find that the opening logo / animation starts and then freezes mid-way through the animation, and then, it restarts
    itself, again.

• This seems to happen when choosing the Restart option, for the console.
    • When this happens, the console automatically restarts and comes up as expected.
    I have a 2017 Samsung Q7 TV, connected to an Onkyo TX-RZ810 AVR. The console is connected to my AVR, through an HDCP 2.2 enabled input, going to my Samsung TV.

I have done, both a
    update from USB, and a factory reset, and I'm still having the same problems, so I suspect that this could be the OS needing some patches from Microsoft, and not a hardware defect (crossing fingers).
  6. K-Twiki Win User

Why is my home taking too long to start

I reset my xbox then it said home has taken too long to start and then stays on a black screen
    After you reset your XBox, did you reformat the external storage you used?

I found something that seems to recreate this situation, for me, consistently:

I have a 1TB SSD External Storage card and a WD_Black D10 8TB external USB 3.x HDD connected to my XBOX Series X (XBSX), and plugged into the USB port above the Ethernet port.

When I have both devices plugged it, then I will always get a black screen after the XBOX boot logo/animation plays, and never see any login screen or home screen, until I do a hard shutdown, and turning the console on, again.

If I unplug one of them, and restart the console, then everything works like a charm, but, I am suspicious of my WD Black external HDD. When I did a factory reset of my console, I also moved everything off of the External SSD Storage to my external HDD,
    so I could reformat the External SSD. However, I did not reformat my external HDD, so "maybe" that could be something, or, maybe its the USB port being used.

More testing. :(
Thema:

1. Why it's taking. Too long for. My games. To download - Similar Threads - Why taking Too

2. Why is my Xbox One taking forever to load basically anything from [signing in to just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox One taking forever to load basically anything from [signing in to just...: My Xbox One kicked me off while I was playing GTA5 Online to do an update(1-3steps) also said my console will restart during the (1-3steps)update. After that my console takes A WHILE to load(if...
  3. Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...: Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an actual DVD please help i really want to plyto play y, e5f5ca56-d564-47d1-aa93-b40ef50b43d7
  4. Why does my xbox usually take 5 minutes to connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox usually take 5 minutes to connect to WiFi: My Xbox takes 10-30 minutes to connect to the internet. All other devices in the house are connected to the same WiFi and working. But everytime I get on my Xbox it can’t connect to the internet....
  5. Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?: Its 2024 and bandwidth is a solved problem. Why am I paying subscription fees and over $100 to play a game that doesn't have modern reliability. MW3 updates at least once a month and more or less...
  6. Why does it take so long to get a refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it take so long to get a refund: i requested a refund at the beginning of january and still not got the money back. The refund status is request approved and my friend was even able to get theirs back a couple days after...
  7. Why does it take a moment for one of my keyboard keys to stop registering after I release it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does it take a moment for one of my keyboard keys to stop registering after I release it?: I just got a new pc about 2 months ago. I have had this keyboard since my old pc and it is a Ducky One 2 Mini. Basically what has been happening is if im playing a game and let’s say im holding...
  8. Why Xbox one takes long time to restart?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Xbox one takes long time to restart?: So mine is the white Xbox one S, it has been all right for a few years. However last year because green screen stuck very long i did 2 factory resets. I was quite stressed with that, also my...
  9. why is my refunds taking so long it has been over a month

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my refunds taking so long it has been over a month: i requested a refund for multiple items and i got them approved but i havent got my money back and it has been a very long time now when it says on the website could take up to a week of time but...
  10. Why is my Microsoft account taking too long to start?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Microsoft account taking too long to start?: I can't get my game going. 4b8537e1-f72a-45de-80b7-8029d9718e8f