Why isn't the XBox App version of Doom 3 not starting on my laptop and XBox Support not...

Discus and support Why isn't the XBox App version of Doom 3 not starting on my laptop and XBox Support not... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been in touch with Microsoft XBox Support at least 6 times now over the phone reporting that Doom 3 will not even start on my near new gaming... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Flying Kiwi, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Flying Kiwi
    Flying Kiwi Guest

Why isn't the XBox App version of Doom 3 not starting on my laptop and XBox Support not...

I have been in touch with Microsoft XBox Support at least 6 times now over the phone reporting that Doom 3 will not even start on my near new gaming laptop (which is definitely high spec enough and runs Windows 11). I did ask for this case to receive an email reply if they couldn't get through on my phone (I can't always take calls when I'm at work). I've received a missed call with no voicemail message yesterday but still no email.

When I try to contact XBox support I'm repeatedly having the same problem where my correct mobile number (which has been accepted on your system plenty of times in the past) has recently started getting a message about you having a problem on your end that you're working on. When I enter my old mobile number or my land line number (around the same time) they always generate a message that you'll call in a few minutes and all seems well but thats not the number that I want to use.

Additionally there are many (63%) one star reviews for this game with most of the reasons why being the same sort of thing ie inability to launch the game - in my case nothing at all happens - even if I right click the desktop icon and run it as administrator. An explanation (and ideally a solution too) would be much appreciated.

:)

Flying Kiwi, Dec 10, 2021
  2. Flying Kiwi Win User

Why isn't the XBox App version of Doom 3 not starting on my laptop and XBox Support not emailing me back about the case?

Yes Doom 3 still wont even start on my laptop (as is commonly reported in all of the one star reviews as well). Can you fix this game please as all the others (Flight Sim, Forza Horizon 5, Doom (2016) Steam version) run fine. If I could get an XBox version of Doom 2016 that'd do because I don't have HDD space (or the inclination) to install the Steam app.
  3. Flying Kiwi Win User

Why isn't the XBox App version of Doom 3 not starting on my laptop and XBox Support not emailing me back about the case?

Hello again Kathy A,

Thanks for your further message. After jumping through the proposed fix hoops that Bethesda asked me to try - with no change, Bethesda replied that they've 'exhausted all options' as far as they're concerned ie - its not worth them spending money on fixing this. Is Microsoft happy to continue charging for this game given there are so many one star reviews complaining about exactly the same problem I'm having? How can I possibly be expected to not want to join the one-star review crowd and add another such review - Microsoft isn't making it easy for me to not do so?

What is Microsoft's view on how I should get this game to work on my laptop? Will you be bringing back Doom (2016) to the platform - the Steam version of which does work on this device - although I've never had the opportunity to try the XBox PC version as you only had it for a short time?
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Flying Kiwi,

Hope you are doing fine.

We would like to follow up your concern.

Kindly let us know if you still have issue by posting a reply.

Kind regards,

5. Flying Kiwi Win User

Hi again Kathy A,

Good on you for being able to empathise with the heart wrenching situation of Doom 3 not running on my laptop ;-)

Something tells me I'll survive this experience but it would have been much easier if Microsoft XBox support continued the telephone dialog at least until Bethesda took over via their email/ticket system.

Given there are so many people having this problem (and reviewing the game with one star accordingly), why doesn't Microsoft XBox Support work with Bethesda to get this fixed? It reflects very poorly on Microsoft XBox in the meantime.

I need to correct you on one very important point. Until I recently found Doom 3 on XBox store, I'd never installed it on any device. I've had other versions of Doom that worked well on the PCs I'd installed the game on at the time but this is the first time that I've every tried to play Doom 3 and for me, it's never run.

While I understand that an older, simpler PC (but not too old or simple) would have a better chance of running this XBox version of Doom 3, the fact that the XBox app offers it up to my PC tells me you belive it should work on this platform. I strongly believe Microsoft should ensure the games that you continue to offer on the XBox App Store should run on the latest and greatest gear. Gaming is a little like Formula One motor racing in that its where bleeding edge technology is often tested before eventually going on to be in mainstream use.

I'll wait for Bethesda to get back and continue the dialog with them. Should they decide its not economical to fix it to work on PCs such as mine, if you can't make the XBox app not offer it for such platforms, please at least make mention of these 'known issues' on the download page.
  6. Flying Kiwi Win User

Thanks for the tip ngocphi. I wish Microsoft XBox Support had told me this when they said they were going to excalate my case to one of their staff who will liase with the games developer. When I told them I wasn't always contactable at work by phone, they never indicated this might be a problem. Rather than my having to try and find a way around the XBox outbound call dialler's ahem.... technical problem..... that was just specific to my number that had worked plenty of times previously, I'd rather Microsoft XBox Support were simply up-front about what was going on! Being told the XBox dially has a technical problem with my (perfectly valid local mobile) number that they're working on, is about as useful as taking your car to the garage telling them 'it's broken, please fix it'.
Thema:

1. Why isn't the XBox App version of Doom 3 not starting on my laptop and XBox Support not... - Similar Threads - Why isn't App

2. Why isn't my mic working

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my mic working: Every time I plug in my headset (ozeino) my headset volume lights up but the chat mixer doesn't and the audio goes through the TV. I fight with it every time and after about 2 minutes it finally...
  3. I bought a gift card with reward points on Xbox. Why would I get a code that isn't for Xbox.

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a gift card with reward points on Xbox. Why would I get a code that isn't for Xbox.: I bought a gift card with my reward points League of Legends Gift Card-575 and it is usually sent to Xbox chat. I always set for goal in reward points for DC Universe Online League of Legends they...
  4. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  5. Why isn't palworld multiplayer not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why isn't palworld multiplayer not working: Every time I try to switch to multiplayer it switches to off 0ee19075-e2df-4dd4-b4ed-37d37edc584f
  6. Why isn't my xbox series s running 1440p@120hz?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't my xbox series s running 1440p@120hz?: Hello, I recently bought a new MSI monitor from amazon. It is 1440p and reaches up to 170hz. I am aware that the xbox series s can only reach up to 120hz and 1440p, however, when I bought it and...
  7. Why can't I add my visa debit card. It says the info isn't correct even though I have used...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I add my visa debit card. It says the info isn't correct even though I have used...: Why can't I add my visa debit card. It says the info isn't correct even though I have used the card several times. I have put the card in 20 times with no luck 56ebb309-3f32-4b18-8ac5-c034cf66332d
  8. Why isn't my assassin's creed Valhalla letting me play it goes to the main screen and then...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't my assassin's creed Valhalla letting me play it goes to the main screen and then...: I have installed the game and It goes to the main screen of the game as soon as I press a it acts like it's going to load and then Kix me back to the dashboard I have tried all of the basic things...
  9. Why isn't it a requirement for any cross platform game Vs pc players to have mouse and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't it a requirement for any cross platform game Vs pc players to have mouse and...: Hello, there might be an obvious answer to this. But it seems strange that there are games that have cross play Vs pc players but have no mouse and keyboard support. Why is this? Shouldn't it be a...
  10. Why is my xbox app download speed slow when my steam download isn't?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox app download speed slow when my steam download isn't?: When I download games on steam I get 600-700 mb/s but on the xbox app it's 10-15 mb/s. Is there a way I can fix this? 1064198c-bf5f-40a1-86d4-13c59c99fce1