Why isn't my Xbox updating Minecraft?

Discus and support Why isn't my Xbox updating Minecraft? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, does anybody know why my Xbox isn't updating Minecraft? Here's my situation: I haven't been online in a bit now because my Xbox wouldn't work with... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kaleb Basilio, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Why isn't my Xbox updating Minecraft?

Hi, does anybody know why my Xbox isn't updating Minecraft? Here's my situation: I haven't been online in a bit now because my Xbox wouldn't work with my Google Wifi, and I lost the password to my AT&T one, but I just got it. As you may be able to tell, I have to update a lot of my games, which included Minecraft. While it updated all of my other games, which included Rec Room and Minecraft Dungeons, it's been stuck at 280 KB for a ton of minutes now. It's supposed to update up to 1.70 GB I think. Any help would be appreciated a ton. Thanks!

:)

Kaleb Basilio, Nov 26, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thank you!

About the in-game storage left, that's odd

Do you have another Xbox console? (Or someone who you trust)

If yes, can you install Minecraft on that console and check if all your worlds appears as usual or if the same happens?
  3. Kaleb Basilio Win User

It was method C that worked. But now, when I try to create a new world, I can't because it says I have no in-game storage left but all my worlds aren't showing up. I have to go somewhere right now, but once I'm back I'll get back to you.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Kaleb

Please give these solutions a try

A. Power cycle the Xbox:
    1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

After that, remove and re-add your profile on the console.
    In case you need it, here's how to remove and re-add:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...

Also disconnect your router from power for about 3 minutes. Then connect it again an when everything is working, try again

B. Can be a bit odd but try using a custom DNS address:
    go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings

Once you’re inside the Advanced Settings menu, go to DNS settings and select Manual from the list of available options.
    When you get to the next screen, enter 8.8.8.8 in the box associated with the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 in the Secondary DNS box.

Once the default DNS addresses have been changed, restart your console and see if the issue has been resolved at the next console startup.
    If that doesn't work use 1.1.1.1 as primary and 1.0.0.1 as secondary

C. Clear your MAC address
    Go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address
    Select Clear, restart your console and give it a new try
  5. Kaleb Basilio Win User

Should I refer to Xbox services or stay here for help with that?
  6. Kaleb Basilio Win User

I just had a question about method C. When you say give it a new try, does that mean I should try to update Minecraft?
Thema:

1. Why isn't my Xbox updating Minecraft? - Similar Threads - Why isn't updating

2. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  3. Why isn't palworld multiplayer not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why isn't palworld multiplayer not working: Every time I try to switch to multiplayer it switches to off 0ee19075-e2df-4dd4-b4ed-37d37edc584f
  4. Why isn't my xbox series s running 1440p@120hz?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't my xbox series s running 1440p@120hz?: Hello, I recently bought a new MSI monitor from amazon. It is 1440p and reaches up to 170hz. I am aware that the xbox series s can only reach up to 120hz and 1440p, however, when I bought it and...
  5. Why can't I add my visa debit card. It says the info isn't correct even though I have used...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I add my visa debit card. It says the info isn't correct even though I have used...: Why can't I add my visa debit card. It says the info isn't correct even though I have used the card several times. I have put the card in 20 times with no luck 56ebb309-3f32-4b18-8ac5-c034cf66332d
  6. Why isn't my assassin's creed Valhalla letting me play it goes to the main screen and then...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't my assassin's creed Valhalla letting me play it goes to the main screen and then...: I have installed the game and It goes to the main screen of the game as soon as I press a it acts like it's going to load and then Kix me back to the dashboard I have tried all of the basic things...
  7. When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...: When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't even a couple of minutes a6043f89-fec2-47c0-83d5-0d3bde358e8f
  8. Why isn't my Xbox profile picture being updated

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why isn't my Xbox profile picture being updated: Hello I recently uploaded a custom profile picture on the Xbox mobile app, ensuring it is at least 1080x1080 pixels and is not against Xbox code of conduct. Can anyone help with my issue? Thanks...
  9. Why isn't my roblox working can u update it or give me a solution to the problem?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't my roblox working can u update it or give me a solution to the problem?: I am having a problem with Roblox, every time that I open it tells me to press A to continue, so I do but then it just sits on the Roblox symbol and pans between the random landscape in the...
  10. I want to know why this status thing isn't working properly ever since I updated discord?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to know why this status thing isn't working properly ever since I updated discord?: [img] Used to work fine, but now? Nope. I want answers. I tried logging in and out, both via the app and on and desktop. Nothing has been fixed. I also wanna know why on Twitch, whenever I...