Why isnt my right stick on a wired controller working?

Discus and support Why isnt my right stick on a wired controller working? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have a wired Xbox controller. My right stick isnt responding to anything. It only responds when Im testing it and When I magnify. I tried turning it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TeddyRigWatr, Nov 7, 2022.

1. TeddyRigWatr
    TeddyRigWatr Guest

I have a wired Xbox controller. My right stick isnt responding to anything. It only responds when Im testing it and When I magnify. I tried turning it off including holding the button for 10seconds and unplugging for 5 minutes.I tried looking up ways and everything insnt working

:)

TeddyRigWatr, Nov 7, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, thanks for the extra information
    I wasn't aware of an issue like that

Please keep me posted if necessary!
  3. TeddyRigWatr Win User

I got in contact with customer support. They told me other people are having this issue and it will be updated in approximately 24 hours. Thank you for trying to help me out, I appreciate it. You have a wonderful day
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the extra info
    We can try to isolate the problem a bit more, for this try the next troubleshooting steps:

A. If you connect a different controller to your console, the issue persist?

B. Did you tried connecting the controller to a different device? Like another Xbox console or to a PC
  5. TeddyRigWatr Win User

Hello im doing okay I hope your doing good! but Its a PowerA controller. I tried holding the off button for 10 seconds and unplugged it for 5 minutes and nothing worked. I also tried checking for updates and didnt have any. I tried pulging the controller on the back usb ports and didnt work. I about tried everything I can do and dont know what to do from here. Fortgot to say this is all happening on Xbox One
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

In order to cover everything from your side.

And in case you didn't try it, could be nice perform an offline update for your console. In that way Xbox system will be installed from scratch.

For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with detailed steps and requirements):

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

**If you're using an insider build / beta OS in your console please leave the program first. If not, is not going to work

If the issue persists after that, you may need to get your console inspected in the closest authorized retailer or where original parts are used
Thema:

1. Why isnt my right stick on a wired controller working? - Similar Threads - Why isnt right

2. Why isnt my party working?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why isnt my party working?: I CANNOT join or make parties. I keeps saying Something went wrong with my party. Try again later, and it gives me an error code [0x80190193]. This is pissing me off. I keep having this issue...
  3. Why isnt there a xbox app for mac os?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why isnt there a xbox app for mac os?: Like they have it for IOS and pc but not mac and macOS? 301b2295-14c2-4c21-8aeb-da5451cb0451
  4. Why has my xbox uninstalled all of my games? And why isnt my external drive showing up?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why has my xbox uninstalled all of my games? And why isnt my external drive showing up?: Alright so I was literally just on my xbox last night and EVERYTHING was as it should be. But once I got back on this morning all of my games were uninstalled, every single one of them. Not to...
  5. why isnt the auto clip delete an option instead of a requirement

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why isnt the auto clip delete an option instead of a requirement: i had a screenshot of Fortnite in the lobby i wanted to do something with but when i looked it was deleted, i heavily dislike this 90 days feature and think it shouldn’t have even been created in...
  6. Can someone help me why my roblox isnt working on my windows 10 laptop?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can someone help me why my roblox isnt working on my windows 10 laptop?: I turned on "run program as admin" it worked for a while, but after, my laptop kept showing an error message: "roblox game client is not responding." I tried several settings but still not...
  7. Why isnt Halo Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Need for Speed Underground on the backwards...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isnt Halo Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Need for Speed Underground on the backwards...: I literally bought nfs underground, halo 2, halo CE, halo 3, forza horizon 3, and im disappointed that i cannot play nfs underground because its not backwards compatible, the same problem is with...
  8. I purchased the new car pack but the new pack isnt loading and wont give access to it..why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased the new car pack but the new pack isnt loading and wont give access to it..why?: How can i access new car pack? c24248d9-28f0-4735-af92-1a5be3209a33
  9. Why isnt my mouse working?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isnt my mouse working?: I’m playing Warhammer 40,000 Darktide on my Xbox series x with a keyboard and mouse. The keyboard is working fine but the mouse isn’t. My friend is in the same game and console and it’s working...
  10. why isnt payday 2 crimewave edition in the microsoft store or game pass app on my xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why isnt payday 2 crimewave edition in the microsoft store or game pass app on my xbox?: so i know payday 2 crimewave edition is on xbox, and on game pass, as thats what my xbox mobile app says. however, when i go to the microsoft store or game pass app on my xbox, payday 2 is no...