Why isn't my Microsoft credit showing when I try and buy a game?

Discus and support Why isn't my Microsoft credit showing when I try and buy a game? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have around 55$ on my account and I'm trying to pre-order a game but whenever I try to buy it, my Microsoft credits don't show up as a payment... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rocco Griffiths, May 28, 2023.

1. Why isn't my Microsoft credit showing when I try and buy a game?

I have around 55$ on my account and I'm trying to pre-order a game but whenever I try to buy it, my Microsoft credits don't show up as a payment option. When I go onto my setting however, all of my credits are right there.

:)

Rocco Griffiths, May 28, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey Rocco!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

If I may ask, may I know the exact game you are trying to purchase/pre-order, please?

As part of the troubleshooting steps, kindly use a different device such as Laptop/Windows PC or Xbox console to purchase the pre-order game.

Also, kindly make sure that the Microsoft store region is the same as your Microsoft credits region.
  3. KDralph Win User

I can't purchase games and [Mod Removed] with my Microsoft Account balance

I know all that but I live in the UAE, bought the 50 USD here, redeemed it here, and tried to buy games here.

This is my ONLY account and when I went to check my account balance, it showed exactly 50 USD. When I also try to buy games online or through my console, games and/or DLCs show up with the $ sign so that means everything is fine? The only problem I actually
    have is WHY can't I download games using my Microsoft Account balance. I'm telling you, whenever I try to buy games, the only option it shows is the credit card option. I'm 12 and I DON'T have a credit card. I want to buy games using prepaid codes but it always
    shows the credit card option

It was better back then with the Microsoft Points and all that....

I guess I shouldn't buy prepaid codes anymore....

Well [Mod Removed] Microsoft. Their customer service is LOUSY
  4. tommyj90 Win User

Destiny 2 Forsaken unable to download

I already considered this and found it on the USA market. But I wanted to buy the game with credits on my Microsoft account.

This isn't possible because those are European credits. So that's why I asked if there is a way to pay it with euro's in the Microsoft store.
  5. Default__User_2022__ Win User

Credit card not showing as option for child's account in Microsoft Family Services.

I'm having the exact same issue as above. The credit card is showing when I sign into my kid's Microsoft Account, but it's not showing in on my child's Family account. Why? I don't want to remove the Ask To Buy. But I want to use the credit card and not this bizarre option to buy in $10 increments.

How do I get the credit card I added to my child's Microsoft Account to show up in their Family account? When I click the option to add the credit card in the Family page, it tells me to add it to the kid's Microsoft Account, which...I've already done.

(as a side note: Microsoft's Family account thing is ridiculously convoluted. Please hire some Google employees to fix this. Google Family is SO MUCH EASIER!)
  6. BriceBlocker Win User

Credit card not showing as option for child's account in Microsoft Family Services.

I'm having the same issue. added card to my sons account as a payment method but cards show up in the credit cards section of his account in my MS family. when i approve a purchase instead of asking me to add money to his account, it appears as if I'm buying it for him using the payment method linked to my MS account, even though on the xbox he selected the credit card linked to his account.

1. why doesn't the credit card linked to his personal MS account show up in the credit section for him in My family

2. Why is it trying to use my payment method to pay for a game i approved, when he selected the payment method linked to his account when requesting permission to buy?

seriously microsoft, how about a legitimate answer here. you're making this so difficult.
Thema:

1. Why isn't my Microsoft credit showing when I try and buy a game? - Similar Threads - Why isn't Microsoft

2. I bought a gift card with reward points on Xbox. Why would I get a code that isn't for Xbox.

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a gift card with reward points on Xbox. Why would I get a code that isn't for Xbox.: I bought a gift card with my reward points League of Legends Gift Card-575 and it is usually sent to Xbox chat. I always set for goal in reward points for DC Universe Online League of Legends they...
  3. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  4. Why isn't palworld multiplayer not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why isn't palworld multiplayer not working: Every time I try to switch to multiplayer it switches to off 0ee19075-e2df-4dd4-b4ed-37d37edc584f
  5. Why isn't my xbox series s running 1440p@120hz?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't my xbox series s running 1440p@120hz?: Hello, I recently bought a new MSI monitor from amazon. It is 1440p and reaches up to 170hz. I am aware that the xbox series s can only reach up to 120hz and 1440p, however, when I bought it and...
  6. Why can't I add my visa debit card. It says the info isn't correct even though I have used...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I add my visa debit card. It says the info isn't correct even though I have used...: Why can't I add my visa debit card. It says the info isn't correct even though I have used the card several times. I have put the card in 20 times with no luck 56ebb309-3f32-4b18-8ac5-c034cf66332d
  7. Why isn't my assassin's creed Valhalla letting me play it goes to the main screen and then...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't my assassin's creed Valhalla letting me play it goes to the main screen and then...: I have installed the game and It goes to the main screen of the game as soon as I press a it acts like it's going to load and then Kix me back to the dashboard I have tried all of the basic things...
  8. Why isn't it a requirement for any cross platform game Vs pc players to have mouse and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't it a requirement for any cross platform game Vs pc players to have mouse and...: Hello, there might be an obvious answer to this. But it seems strange that there are games that have cross play Vs pc players but have no mouse and keyboard support. Why is this? Shouldn't it be a...
  9. Why isn't remote play working?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't remote play working?: I've been on Xbox for 14+ years and this console / service gets worse as time goes on. It's getting so bad I bought a PS5 which gives me zero issues. Remote Play works fine when I'm sitting...
  10. Confused on why microsoft rewards isn't available in my country/region (Israel)

in XBoX on Windows
    Confused on why microsoft rewards isn't available in my country/region (Israel): Hi, I checked the offical page of countries supported by microsoft rewards, it says: "Microsoft Rewards is currently available in more than 230 countries/regions" When I went over the list for...