Why isn't my hdmi audio working?

Discus and support Why isn't my hdmi audio working? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [img] My audio used to always work through hdmi to my monitor and now this is showing up, I've tried switching cable and playing around with the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Oliver Rzadowski, May 3, 2023.

1. Why isn't my hdmi audio working?

Why isn't my hdmi audio working? [​IMG]
    My audio used to always work through hdmi to my monitor and now this is showing up, I've tried switching cable and playing around with the settings but nothing is working. any ideas on how to fix this?

:)

Oliver Rzadowski, May 3, 2023
  2. Oliver Rzadowski Win User

Hi, it's an Xbox One S

My monitor is an Acer and has speaker and a headphone jack and when I plug it into a TV it does work, I'm not too sure what os I'm using either
  3. WattyNuela Win User

Hi Oliver! this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor

I want to understand better your problem, for that please tell me:

What console are you using?

May I know if you're part of the insider program and you're using a preview or beta version of the Xbox OS?

When this started to happen?

What monitor do you have, and this monitor has built-in speakers?

Did you tried connecting the console to a TV and see how it goes?

And besides the procedures described in your post, did you tried something else?
  4. WattyNuela Win User

I appreciate the extra information Oliver. If your monitor has an option to reset it to factory defaults please try that instead.

If maybe the issue persists and if you have a way to test the audio with a different device in your monitor please try that instead

Could be an issue with the monitor and not your Xbox
  5. Zavistic Win User

Xbox One Audio Problem

HDMI: HDMI Audio has stopped working on my Monitor.

OPTICAL AUDIO: Don't have any Optical Audio speaker systems.
  6. UnableParsley29 Win User

PCM audio over HDMI

Yes I understand that.

I think that there is more to it, I should have mentioned before. The setup is this. I'm connecting the Xbox to a cinema projector that only has a DVI connection not a HDMI connection. I'm also going through a box to extract the audio from the HDMI signal
    to send it to the amps.

I'm going HDMI from the Xbox to the audio stripper box which then passes the PCM audio to the sound amps and outputs the video through HDMI which I have going into the projector using a HDMI to DVI cable.

The Xbox is displaying it's outputting DVI in the settings not HDMI. Is there a way to 'trick' the Xbox at all? I'm guessing there isn't. Also as it's stating it's outputting DVI I'm assuming it's not sending the audio too, which is why I'm not getting any
    audio.
Thema:

1. Why isn't my hdmi audio working? - Similar Threads - Why isn't hdmi

2. I bought a gift card with reward points on Xbox. Why would I get a code that isn't for Xbox.

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a gift card with reward points on Xbox. Why would I get a code that isn't for Xbox.: I bought a gift card with my reward points League of Legends Gift Card-575 and it is usually sent to Xbox chat. I always set for goal in reward points for DC Universe Online League of Legends they...
  3. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  4. Why isn't palworld multiplayer not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why isn't palworld multiplayer not working: Every time I try to switch to multiplayer it switches to off 0ee19075-e2df-4dd4-b4ed-37d37edc584f
  5. Why isn't my xbox series s running 1440p@120hz?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't my xbox series s running 1440p@120hz?: Hello, I recently bought a new MSI monitor from amazon. It is 1440p and reaches up to 170hz. I am aware that the xbox series s can only reach up to 120hz and 1440p, however, when I bought it and...
  6. Why can't I add my visa debit card. It says the info isn't correct even though I have used...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I add my visa debit card. It says the info isn't correct even though I have used...: Why can't I add my visa debit card. It says the info isn't correct even though I have used the card several times. I have put the card in 20 times with no luck 56ebb309-3f32-4b18-8ac5-c034cf66332d
  7. Why isn't my assassin's creed Valhalla letting me play it goes to the main screen and then...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't my assassin's creed Valhalla letting me play it goes to the main screen and then...: I have installed the game and It goes to the main screen of the game as soon as I press a it acts like it's going to load and then Kix me back to the dashboard I have tried all of the basic things...
  8. Why isn't it a requirement for any cross platform game Vs pc players to have mouse and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't it a requirement for any cross platform game Vs pc players to have mouse and...: Hello, there might be an obvious answer to this. But it seems strange that there are games that have cross play Vs pc players but have no mouse and keyboard support. Why is this? Shouldn't it be a...
  9. Why isn't remote play working?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't remote play working?: I've been on Xbox for 14+ years and this console / service gets worse as time goes on. It's getting so bad I bought a PS5 which gives me zero issues. Remote Play works fine when I'm sitting...
  10. I wanted to know why my mycarreer 2k23 isn't working.....I keep creating a player but it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I wanted to know why my mycarreer 2k23 isn't working.....I keep creating a player but it...: My 2k23 my career isn't working 53d6d9c3-7bcc-4f35-838f-9d7716bcc4e0