Why isn't it so easy to play Xbox 360 games on Xbox One?

Discus and support Why isn't it so easy to play Xbox 360 games on Xbox One? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; We all know that Xbox 360 games are being ported over to the Xbox One. But I have a question...... and I think it's funny that it isn't the way things... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ryan.Mack, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Ryan.Mack
    Ryan.Mack Guest

We all know that Xbox 360 games are being ported over to the Xbox One. But I have a question...... and I think it's funny that it isn't the way things are being done:

Why does Microsoft need to port the games over, why doesn't it just transfer over the license?

For example. Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag is an Xbox 360 but it is also available on Xbox One. However, it isn't backwards compatible so if you bought it on Xbox 360.... you won't be able to play it on Xbox One. Is this not the stupidest thing ever? It's
    already on Xbox One.... I already bought... LET ME PLAY IT! Lol, instead we all have to wait until the fateful day that it may (or may not) be ported over. I think it's so silly.

Also, there are issues with the console recognizing what games you bought. For example, on Xbox 360 I bought Forza Horizon but Xbox One doesn't recognize that I did it, and even though it's backwards compatible, I can't download and play it unless I pay
    for it again... frustrations frustrations....

:)

Ryan.Mack, Feb 4, 2017
  2. GladiateHarp769, Feb 4, 2017
  3. bnfiteobby
    bnfiteobby Guest
    Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition to get availble for Xbox Live Marketplace

please I want to be able to play my midnight club 3 dub edition remix everyone will agree with me on this we all like this game n finding the old school xbox isn't easy at all to find please make it for the xbox 360 please

bnfiteobby, Feb 4, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

For a lot of the games, the games are actually set up differently on the 360 than on the One. So they are 2 separate versions. So a license would not work.

Smwutches, Feb 4, 2017
  5. Ryan.Mack
    Ryan.Mack Guest
    But I'm wondering why I need to see the Xbox 360 splash screen...can't they just give me the Xbox one game to download because Ubi soft already earned their royalties?

Ryan.Mack, Feb 11, 2017
  6. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    The xbox one version & the 360 version are separate games.

If you want the xbox one version then you need to buy it again,they're not just going to give away the xbox one version just because you own the xbox 360 version.where's the profit in that?

If you are playing a backwards compatible game on the xbox one it emulates the xbox 360 which is why you get the 360 splashscreen.

Daft Badger, Feb 12, 2017
  7. I don't think this is really that silly a question.

The Xbox One and PC versions of Quantum Break for example are separate games under the definitions being used in this thread and yet if you buy the Xbox One version, Microsoft will give you the PC version for free.

So I think it is rather understandable for people to ask why they aren't getting the native version on their new console rather than an emulated one..

LodgedBonsai923, Feb 13, 2017
  8. ChrispyAngel
    ChrispyAngel Guest

a few games have allowed u to "upgrade" to the next gen version (destiny) and some have had discounts. Its up to the dev to decide if they will make it backwards compatible, release a next gen/remaster or both

ChrispyAngel, Feb 14, 2017
  9. Saint Vine
    Saint Vine Guest
    i having the same problem with The Amazing Spiderman an few others i bought them on 360 an they are backwards compatible yet on xbox one when i go to the store it says i don't own it...when..i do. I am geting very VERY upset by this.

Saint Vine, Jul 5, 2017
  10. Yeah, but you own the Xbox 360 version, you do not own the Xbox One version. If you want to play the game on the Xbox One, then you will have to pay for it.

StuartATrueRed, Nov 2, 2018
  11. Saint Vine Win User

i having the same problem with The Amazing Spiderman an few others i bought them on 360 an they are backwards compatible yet on xbox one when i go to the store it says i don't own it...when..i do. I am geting very VERY upset by this.
  12. StuartATrueRed Win User

Yeah, but you own the Xbox 360 version, you do not own the Xbox One version. If you want to play the game on the Xbox One, then you will have to pay for it.
  13. Daft Badger Win User

The xbox one version & the 360 version are separate games.

If you want the xbox one version then you need to buy it again,they're not just going to give away the xbox one version just because you own the xbox 360 version.where's the profit in that?

If you are playing a backwards compatible game on the xbox one it emulates the xbox 360 which is why you get the 360 splashscreen.
  14. Smwutches Win User

For a lot of the games, the games are actually set up differently on the 360 than on the One. So they are 2 separate versions. So a license would not work.
  15. LodgedBonsai923 Win User

I don't think this is really that silly a question.

The Xbox One and PC versions of Quantum Break for example are separate games under the definitions being used in this thread and yet if you buy the Xbox One version, Microsoft will give you the PC version for free.

So I think it is rather understandable for people to ask why they aren't getting the native version on their new console rather than an emulated one..
Thema:

1. Why isn't it so easy to play Xbox 360 games on Xbox One? - Similar Threads - Why isn't easy

2. I bought a gift card with reward points on Xbox. Why would I get a code that isn't for Xbox.

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a gift card with reward points on Xbox. Why would I get a code that isn't for Xbox.: I bought a gift card with my reward points League of Legends Gift Card-575 and it is usually sent to Xbox chat. I always set for goal in reward points for DC Universe Online League of Legends they...
  3. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  4. Why isn't palworld multiplayer not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why isn't palworld multiplayer not working: Every time I try to switch to multiplayer it switches to off 0ee19075-e2df-4dd4-b4ed-37d37edc584f
  5. Why isn't my xbox series s running 1440p@120hz?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't my xbox series s running 1440p@120hz?: Hello, I recently bought a new MSI monitor from amazon. It is 1440p and reaches up to 170hz. I am aware that the xbox series s can only reach up to 120hz and 1440p, however, when I bought it and...
  6. Why can't I add my visa debit card. It says the info isn't correct even though I have used...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I add my visa debit card. It says the info isn't correct even though I have used...: Why can't I add my visa debit card. It says the info isn't correct even though I have used the card several times. I have put the card in 20 times with no luck 56ebb309-3f32-4b18-8ac5-c034cf66332d
  7. Why isn't my assassin's creed Valhalla letting me play it goes to the main screen and then...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't my assassin's creed Valhalla letting me play it goes to the main screen and then...: I have installed the game and It goes to the main screen of the game as soon as I press a it acts like it's going to load and then Kix me back to the dashboard I have tried all of the basic things...
  8. Why isn't it a requirement for any cross platform game Vs pc players to have mouse and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't it a requirement for any cross platform game Vs pc players to have mouse and...: Hello, there might be an obvious answer to this. But it seems strange that there are games that have cross play Vs pc players but have no mouse and keyboard support. Why is this? Shouldn't it be a...
  9. Why isn't remote play working?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't remote play working?: I've been on Xbox for 14+ years and this console / service gets worse as time goes on. It's getting so bad I bought a PS5 which gives me zero issues. Remote Play works fine when I'm sitting...
  10. I wanted to know why my mycarreer 2k23 isn't working.....I keep creating a player but it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I wanted to know why my mycarreer 2k23 isn't working.....I keep creating a player but it...: My 2k23 my career isn't working 53d6d9c3-7bcc-4f35-838f-9d7716bcc4e0