Why isn’t Atmos working on AppleTV, HBO, and other streaming apps?

Discus and support Why isn’t Atmos working on AppleTV, HBO, and other streaming apps? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, so I decided to start using my Series X for streaming. I have it connected to my Atmos sound bar and in Xbox settings it’s running Dolby Atmos for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Colton777, May 1, 2023.

1. Colton777
    Colton777 Guest

Hi, so I decided to start using my Series X for streaming. I have it connected to my Atmos sound bar and in Xbox settings it’s running Dolby Atmos for home theater. Atmos signal works on corresponding titles in the Disney + app, however it isn’t working on titles that are Dolby Atmos titles in HBO, AppleTV, and some others. This is really disappointing as I own close to 400 movies through Apple. Please update these apps.

:)

Colton777, May 1, 2023
  2. TimL1974 Win User

Xbox Series X Audio Passthrough\Dolby Atmos doesn't work for Netflix or Disney + app

I have the same problem. Used to get Atmos just fine from Netflix, and since last month it doesn't work.

The show menus say Atmos but my receiver is only getting a Dolby Surround signal. Atmos still works on my TV Netflix app.

Also not getting Atmos from the AppleTV app on the Series X.

Disney+Atmos still works
  3. Red264 Win User

XBox One Media Player

Lack of testing, there is no apparent AV team internally at Xbox which is why it's approach is so messy and uneven. This why other boxes like Nvidia Shield or AppleTV outperform it.

The digital media player of Xbox is nothing more than Windows Media Player so very basic in operation.

Atmos is known to be buggy on Xbox due to the way MS have to inject system audio like UI sounds into the Atmos stream, they have a very complex audio upmix system which tries to make it work but doesn't always.
  4. TimL1974 Win User

Netflix Not Outputting Dolby Atmos On Xbox One

That's interesting. I also remember seeing that post that said the Atmos thing was only cosmetic. On the other hand, my AppleTV app on the Xbox is only outputting Dolby Digital 5.1 (not Surround) when the show menu says Atmos so I've just been assuming there is a bigger Atmos problem on the Xbox.
  5. ISUClone17 Win User

HBO GO acting buggy

I'm having this issue too! All my other streaming apps are working except for HBO Go. How do I solve this?
  6. x24hrs2livex Win User

HBO Go for the XBOX One

Third party apps such as HBO GO are the responsibility of that third party. So it is up to HBO to make an app for xbox one. As far as streaming goes skydrive is available to stream movies
Thema:

1. Why isn’t Atmos working on AppleTV, HBO, and other streaming apps? - Similar Threads - Why isn’t Atmos

2. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...
  3. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...
  4. Why isn’t game game share working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why isn’t game game share working: I recently bought dead by daylight and I wanted to play with my friend so I started game sharing with him. However when he tries to open the game it stops him and says he needs game pass even...
  5. Why am I getting a hazard logo on my game? And how do I get rid of it? (The game isn’t working)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I getting a hazard logo on my game? And how do I get rid of it? (The game isn’t working): In the bottom right corner of my game, when sitting on the home screen there is a hazard logo in the bottom right corner. When I load up the game, the game does not work. I’m not sure how to fix...
  6. absolutely no idea why my xbox live (xbox game pass core) isn’t working

in XboX Insiders
    absolutely no idea why my xbox live (xbox game pass core) isn’t working: my brother has been playing the game all day, he has played cod cold war zombies and the walking dead, and minecraft. i try to play and then now it’s saying that’s i’m not connected to the...
  7. Why isn’t my Xbox connecting to my tv?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn’t my Xbox connecting to my tv?: I’ve checked the hdmi cords and I’ve pressed and held the power button for 10 seconds. I’ve unplugged cords and waited and plugged them back. My controller also is connecting automatically and...
  8. Why isn’t my headset mic working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn’t my headset mic working?: I just got an Xbox series x, I got an Astro A10 wired headset. All the audio settings are to where they should be, but when I try to go into a party my mic does not work...
  9. Why isn’t EA FC 24 on my Xbox Series S installing when I bought it directly from FIFA 23?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn’t EA FC 24 on my Xbox Series S installing when I bought it directly from FIFA 23?: I bought EA FC 24 on my Xbox Series S directly from FIFA 23 but it’s not installing and when I try again it says I already own the game and I have already tried clearing space but it’s not working...
  10. Why isn’t my controller here yet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn’t my controller here yet?: I ordered a design lab controller on 22/11/2023 and the order still says processing. This is a Christmas present for my son so am worried it’s not been dispatched yet. It’s been almost 4 weeks/30...