Why is xbox still prompting me to buy a game I have already bought ?

Discus and support Why is xbox still prompting me to buy a game I have already bought ? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have bought call of duty modern warfare 2 about 3 weeks ago and am experiencing issues on the game. Has it not installed properly because it says I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ryan Needle, Nov 18, 2022.

1. Ryan Needle
    Ryan Needle Guest

I have bought call of duty modern warfare 2 about 3 weeks ago and am experiencing issues on the game. Has it not installed properly because it says I do not own it ? I also do not have a conformation email saying I bought the game.

:)

Ryan Needle, Nov 18, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Ryan

Exists the possibility that you purchased the game with a different account. Let's try to find the account used to purchase this game

For this please go to your Microsoft account order history
    https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders

Then start looking each item purchased with your account and see if you're able to find the game with order status "completed"

If you have more than one email please check the order history with each one

Feel free to share an screenshot, but please conceal personal information including email addresses or full order number. Here in the forums no one can access directly to your account details
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

And you already purchased the base game, correct?
    If that’s the case. The best option is reach Microsoft support with the order number for the base game

In that way they can see what’s happening with your license
  4. Ryan Needle Win User

The vault edition package says install and the game itself says buy.
  5. Ryan Needle Win User

It does say that the order has been completed on my account and I have check day emails again and I do have an email but it is still prompting me to buy the game in the store, could this be related to gameplay issues as it may not be fully installed?
  6. Ryan Needle Win User

I originally bought the cross gen edition then recently bought the vault edition package separately. It just says buy in the store nothing for install.
Thema:

1. Why is xbox still prompting me to buy a game I have already bought ? - Similar Threads - Why still prompting

2. Why is the Xbox app still crashing?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox app still crashing?: The response thread provided to my previous question did not alleviate my problem. I've repaired, reset, windows store app troubleshot, uninstalled, insured my firewall was allowing it through,...
  3. WHY IS THIS STILL A THING 2 YEARS LATER?!?!?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    WHY IS THIS STILL A THING 2 YEARS LATER?!?!?!: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/please-fix-the-xbox-series-2-elite-controller/6d6ede9e-9057-4e58-adde-09210e6ab9f0 This is completely RIDICULOUS. This is the same issue that I...
  4. Why is my refund request still on approved?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my refund request still on approved?: I requested a refund for a game and it was approved, however I still own the game and my money was not returned. 55a81890-f857-4742-91b8-92f5fef4a478
  5. Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad: I don't really understand why it's still doing it. 9c098a46-b81d-4583-8c63-99ceac2718cc
  6. Why is my xbox logo still on when I turned my xbox off it's still running but I turned it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox logo still on when I turned my xbox off it's still running but I turned it...: I don't understand why my logo was on even tho I turned it off 461f5bfd-9384-443d-94d1-2535360ca4d1
  7. I want to ask, why if i dont use my xbox and is still on it get darker and show me...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I want to ask, why if i dont use my xbox and is still on it get darker and show me...: When I don't pulse any button in my for 2 or 3 minutes then it gets darker the screen and shows me notifications and I want to know if u can cancel that e6528e8d-81ac-4f8e-9aff-bc48813a5bee
  8. Why am I still banned/suspended on xbox for a whole year after my appeal was approved?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why am I still banned/suspended on xbox for a whole year after my appeal was approved?: So I received a suspension for changing my gamerpic to a photo of kevin james photoshopped with a black box covering him, the suspension lasts a entire year. I went to the enforcement page to...
  9. Why does it still want me to ask for permission?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it still want me to ask for permission?: Hello, I turned 18 over the summer, and was in a family group. I attempted to buy Minecraft but it wants me to ask for permission. I then searched for some way for the system to realize I was not...
  10. why is my xbox only showing quick tips and after ive tried everything i could it still wont...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox only showing quick tips and after ive tried everything i could it still wont...: Ive tried restarting many time leaving it unpluged resetting my router tried to change Wi-Fi but won't load litterally nothing will c8345b9e-c211-4db2-bf87-e858508908bb