Why is Toxic gamer tags allowed?

Discus and support Why is Toxic gamer tags allowed? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I don't play online that much use Gold for the free games mostly but when I do, I see toxic user names that go unpunished having terrorist names in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by StarImpact1, Nov 6, 2021.

  1. StarImpact1
    StarImpact1 Guest

    Why is Toxic gamer tags allowed?


    I don't play online that much use Gold for the free games mostly but when I do, I see toxic user names that go unpunished having terrorist names in your gamer tag is ok by Microsoft it seems, using the name of ppl who where murdered is ok aswell it seems in CoD account names tied to Xbox accounts. I don't see Playstation users with these names as I'm sure they are filtered out at the naming part.

    Last night I reported 4 different ppl for the above one of which I'm sure I reported months ago aswell. Microsoft shows a good game face but don't do anything if you dig deeper. Maybe their Activision moment is due soon.

    * Moved from Community Participation Center

    :)
     
    StarImpact1, Nov 6, 2021
    #1
  2. Smwutches Win User

    Why is Toxic gamer tags allowed?

    Even with filters in place, people will find a way to try to bypass them.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

    Why is Toxic gamer tags allowed?

    By that logic no1 would and should be banned as its a different game not owned by MS... I got my com ban playing CoD So I wrongfully punished right as its not MS servers.
    Hi

    When you're playing on Xbox you send and receive messages via Xbox Live. Therefore you are subject to the Xbox Live terms of service. It doesn't matter that game itself is not run on Xbox Live servers.
  4. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

    Why is Toxic gamer tags allowed?

    Just an FYI Ive seen PLENTY peopl who play on Playstation with questionable names! Its a name though not like an explicit word. Ive seen Harvey Weinstein and Jeffery Epstein. I was very offended by these names as I had just watched the documentaries then saw them. As stated all you can do is report and it will be handled. You figure its billions of people using XBox. Your not the only one who makes reports. I'm pretty sure its trillions of reports they have to go through. In due time it will be handled.
  5. Smwutches Win User

    Why is Toxic gamer tags allowed?

    They're not allowed. As long as you are reporting them, the enforcement team will investigate and take the appropriate action, but it can take some time.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Why is Toxic gamer tags allowed?

    Because they have a thousand ways of getting around it. The only way the algorithms get trained with when people report new permutations.
Thema:

Why is Toxic gamer tags allowed?

Loading...
  1. Why is Toxic gamer tags allowed? - Similar Threads - Why Toxic gamer

  2. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  3. Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?: Ive been in the program for exactly 6 years and 4 months and i am only level 2, so i dont get the full advantages of the insider perks. submitted by /u/bigfackingooner [link] [comments]
  4. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  5. Why is the NextGen survey so long?!

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is the NextGen survey so long?!: I've answered about 100 questions and I'm only 40% through... I'm generally happy to contribute but, seriously, I'm struggling to find the energy to complete it. Shorter, focused surveys would be...
  6. Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??

    in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??: That's a very confusing thing to me like it's right there and because I'm from Lithuania I can't use all stuff on Xbox console I can't even buy Xbox game pass anymore like what submitted by...
  7. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  8. So why cant i get my account unbanned/un-suspended from toxic players falsley spam...

    in XBoX Accessibility
    So why cant i get my account unbanned/un-suspended from toxic players falsley spam...: So recently i was playing COD and i was killing this player over and over with a sniper. He gets angry and falsely accuses me of cheating and i reponded politely both in game and in xbox...
  9. Xbox comm banned me for saying "g" in chat towards toxic r6 players why?

    in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox comm banned me for saying "g" in chat towards toxic r6 players why?: Playing r6 anymore sucks, id argue more then dead by daylight to a degree. But today after saying my usual gg to the sweaty trolls in the game I realized I was banned for 8 days on Xbox for saying...
  10. Why was i the one who got punished (comm banned) when a very toxic harassing player did not.

    in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why was i the one who got punished (comm banned) when a very toxic harassing player did not.: I was punished for his very toxic harassing behavior to me and my team saying a bunch of slurs and dumb typical trash talk stuff. He then messages me making fun of me, calling me, trash and...