: Why is there still no HDMI-CEC on the X1X?

Discus and support : Why is there still no HDMI-CEC on the X1X? in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Why is there still no HDMI-CEC on the X1X? I understand that this is already the last generation, but about a year ago, before the XSX was released,... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by alex2beard, Jul 18, 2021.

1. alex2beard
    alex2beard Guest

I understand that this is already the last generation, but about a year ago, before the XSX was released, there was a firmware with HDMI-CEC on the X1X in the alpha ring. So it's technically possible. Please add this feature to Xbox One X.

: Why is there still no HDMI-CEC on the X1X? [​IMG]

:)

alex2beard, Jul 18, 2021
  2. joushsh12
    joushsh12 New Member
    Xbox One still doesn't support HDMI-CEC: Why is there still no HDMI-CEC on the X1X? ;): Why is there still no HDMI-CEC on the X1X? ;): Why is there still no HDMI-CEC on the X1X? ;): Why is there still no HDMI-CEC on the X1X? ;): Why is there still no HDMI-CEC on the X1X? ;)

joushsh12, Oct 27, 2021
  3. Jamie McL Win User

2017 Samsung LED/QLED - 4K/HDR detection problems? Start Here!

Very useful, thanks for the post Hydro :)

I have a Q7F, it seems every time I turn the TV on it automatically turns my X1X on as well. Any suggestions to stop this happening? It's in HDMI 1 currently, I wonder if that is some sort of default auto-power on for the HDMI-CEC controls?

Thanks

J
  4. Hordie Win User

I have a Q7F, it seems every time I turn the TV on it automatically turns my X1X on as well. Any suggestions to stop this happening? It's in HDMI 1 currently, I wonder if that is some sort of default auto-power on for the HDMI-CEC controls?

Thanks

J

Hi there, and thanks. My TV didn't do that, and I'm not aware of it having an IR blaster. It's possible, but I don't think my model has it, and it's the highest non QLED. Also without CEC it wouldn't be possible as Xbox doesn't support CEC control.
  5. Jamie McL Win User

Thanks

J

Hi there, and thanks. My TV didn't do that, and I'm not aware of it having an IR blaster. It's possible, but I don't think my model has it, and it's the highest non QLED. Also without CEC it wouldn't be possible as Xbox doesn't support CEC control.
    Thanks, that's put me in the right direction. You're right, X1X doesn't support CEC control. I think IR blasting must be the appropriate method? I'll remove my Xbox from the Universal Remote setup - that should probably help. Details here about setup

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062207/

Thanks
  6. Boombaa Win User

Xbox won’t start on my tv

Hi,

This is quite normal as it seems that Xbox One still doesn't support HDMI-CEC.
  7. Coreldan Win User

Xbox One Passthrough work when off?

I don't know what anynet is, nor do I know if "HDMI control" and HDMI-CEC are the same thing, but HDMI-CEC is supported according to MS.
Thema:

1. : Why is there still no HDMI-CEC on the X1X? - Similar Threads - Why still HDMI

2. Why is the Xbox app still crashing?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox app still crashing?: The response thread provided to my previous question did not alleviate my problem. I've repaired, reset, windows store app troubleshot, uninstalled, insured my firewall was allowing it through,...
  3. WHY IS THIS STILL A THING 2 YEARS LATER?!?!?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    WHY IS THIS STILL A THING 2 YEARS LATER?!?!?!: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/please-fix-the-xbox-series-2-elite-controller/6d6ede9e-9057-4e58-adde-09210e6ab9f0 This is completely RIDICULOUS. This is the same issue that I...
  4. Why is my refund request still on approved?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my refund request still on approved?: I requested a refund for a game and it was approved, however I still own the game and my money was not returned. 55a81890-f857-4742-91b8-92f5fef4a478
  5. Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad: I don't really understand why it's still doing it. 9c098a46-b81d-4583-8c63-99ceac2718cc
  6. Why is my xbox logo still on when I turned my xbox off it's still running but I turned it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox logo still on when I turned my xbox off it's still running but I turned it...: I don't understand why my logo was on even tho I turned it off 461f5bfd-9384-443d-94d1-2535360ca4d1
  7. I want to ask, why if i dont use my xbox and is still on it get darker and show me...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I want to ask, why if i dont use my xbox and is still on it get darker and show me...: When I don't pulse any button in my for 2 or 3 minutes then it gets darker the screen and shows me notifications and I want to know if u can cancel that e6528e8d-81ac-4f8e-9aff-bc48813a5bee
  8. Why am I still banned/suspended on xbox for a whole year after my appeal was approved?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why am I still banned/suspended on xbox for a whole year after my appeal was approved?: So I received a suspension for changing my gamerpic to a photo of kevin james photoshopped with a black box covering him, the suspension lasts a entire year. I went to the enforcement page to...
  9. Why does it still want me to ask for permission?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it still want me to ask for permission?: Hello, I turned 18 over the summer, and was in a family group. I attempted to buy Minecraft but it wants me to ask for permission. I then searched for some way for the system to realize I was not...
  10. why is my xbox only showing quick tips and after ive tried everything i could it still wont...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox only showing quick tips and after ive tried everything i could it still wont...: Ive tried restarting many time leaving it unpluged resetting my router tried to change Wi-Fi but won't load litterally nothing will c8345b9e-c211-4db2-bf87-e858508908bb