Why is there an xbox companion app and an xbox app for PC? Just put all the features in one...

Discus and support Why is there an xbox companion app and an xbox app for PC? Just put all the features in one... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have no interest in downloading two xbox apps to my PC. what the heck IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? It shouldn't be easier to use a third party website... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by amramlinebarger, Apr 17, 2023.

  1. Why is there an xbox companion app and an xbox app for PC? Just put all the features in one...


    I have no interest in downloading two xbox apps to my PC. what the heck IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? It shouldn't be easier to use a third party website to see my own uploaded clips. Why cant I see my uploaded clips with the xbox app? I shouldnt have to download the console companion bs.

    :)
     
    amramlinebarger, Apr 17, 2023
    #1
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

    Why is there an xbox companion app and an xbox app for PC? Just put all the features in one app.

    Hello amramlinebarger, sorry to hear you're having trouble.

    The Xbox Console Companion app is mainly for Windows 10 and allows you to stream your Xbox One to One X consoles on Windows 10. This app does not work with the Series X/S consoles though and the Xbox app is recommended for streaming to your PC if you're running Windows 11.

    If you are running Windows 11 the only way we'd ask you to try installing the app is if you were having trouble with your Xbox games just to see if that would help.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Why is there an xbox companion app and an xbox app for PC? Just put all the features in one app.

    The consul companion app is a discontinued Legacy windows eight application. The Xbox application built into Windows handles all of these things including looking at your clips as well as game streaming
  4. ngocphi Win User

    Why is there an xbox companion app and an xbox app for PC? Just put all the features in one app.

    Two different things one companion app is a front end to your xbox for remote play

    Xbox app is storefront for pc and remote play and cloud play
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

    Why is there an xbox companion app and an xbox app for PC? Just put all the features in one app.

    xbox companion app is a legacy app from early windows 10, they are moving things over to the xbox app and the companion app will be discontinued eventually. you don't really have any reason to use the companion app now, which is why it does not come preinstalled on windows 11. game clips uploaded to xbox live should be visible from the gamebar.
  6. flufy1992 Win User

    Windows 10 game bar uploading clips?

    Yes the xbox companion app does recognize the games but Microsoft discontinued the ability to post clips from the xbox PC companion app and instead will give you a pop up saying that this app no longer supports this feature
Thema:

Why is there an xbox companion app and an xbox app for PC? Just put all the features in one...

Loading...
  1. Why is there an xbox companion app and an xbox app for PC? Just put all the features in one... - Similar Threads - Why companion app

  2. Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?: Ive been in the program for exactly 6 years and 4 months and i am only level 2, so i dont get the full advantages of the insider perks. submitted by /u/bigfackingooner [link] [comments]
  3. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  4. Why is the NextGen survey so long?!

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is the NextGen survey so long?!: I've answered about 100 questions and I'm only 40% through... I'm generally happy to contribute but, seriously, I'm struggling to find the energy to complete it. Shorter, focused surveys would be...
  5. Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??

    in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??: That's a very confusing thing to me like it's right there and because I'm from Lithuania I can't use all stuff on Xbox console I can't even buy Xbox game pass anymore like what submitted by...
  6. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  7. Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...

    in XboX Insiders
    Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...: I'm pissed bc I've been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now and even got myself up to Level 2 a bit ago... Yet... Nothing still. Do they hate me? What is going on?? My Xbox One console says...
  8. Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...: Hey folks, just wondering what the crack is, I certainly think it's a good thing, for example I own RDR2 however, the disc is on its way out, I don't see why we having already paid and put in...
  9. Why is xbox console companions services discontinuing? My belief of why it should be upheld...

    in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is xbox console companions services discontinuing? My belief of why it should be upheld...: [img] Hello Microsoft Users. Today i would like to speak of this topic that has become a sensitive topic for me to talk about. Why Should Xbox Console Companion not go out of service? I will...
  10. Why cant i use The Xbox Companion App on windows11?

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant i use The Xbox Companion App on windows11?: Heres the Thing: the Xbox Console companion App was my Go to app for Sharing Clips and Screenshots After i was done playing on my Xbox for one simple Reason. I could Share Screenshots To multiple...