Why is there a crackling audio after using xbox menu's

Discus and support Why is there a crackling audio after using xbox menu's in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When playing any game i get a very noticeable crackling effect added to all game audio after using the menu to check messages friend status etc.. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by �� Corby��, Feb 14, 2023.

  1. Why is there a crackling audio after using xbox menu's


    When playing any game i get a very noticeable crackling effect added to all game audio after using the menu to check messages friend status etc..

    The only way to stop it is to open and close the menu quickly again that usually works

    Tried restarting and completely unplugging

    (Xbox series s one month old, wireless controller, wired headset)

    :)
     
    �� Corby��, Feb 14, 2023
    #1
  2. John P_14 Win User

    Why is there a crackling audio after using xbox menu's

    Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

    The crackling audio issue that you're experiencing on your Xbox Series S may be caused by a variety of factors, including interference, controller or headset firmware issues, or audio driver problems. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

    1. Try moving the wireless controller closer to the console to reduce the possibility of interference.

    2. Update the firmware for both the controller and the headset. You can do this by connecting the controller and headset to the console with a USB cable and then checking for firmware updates in the settings menu.

    3. Check the audio settings in the game and on the console to ensure that they are set to the correct output format and that the volume levels are not too high.

    4. Try using a different headset or controller to see if the issue persists.

    If the issue continues to persist after trying these troubleshooting steps, it may be possible that this is already a console issue.
  3. U Go 6 FT BeLOW Win User

    Let's talk about Dolby Digital and DTS

    Well for me this is the issue...I have to turn hdmi audio off and leave my optical audio on "stereo uncompressed", everytime I change the optical audio to "DTS Digtal Surround" I get a pop/crackle when moving the stick around on the main menu. My philips
    receiver doesn't "pop/crackle" on any of my other devices and i've been using it for atleast 5 years now. I know I need to upgrade my receiver real soon but hey the audio should still work on DTS without this pop/crackle menu switching sound im getting...
  4. U Go 6 FT BeLOW Win User

    DTS reverting back to Uncompressed 7.1

    I actually have to turn HDMI audio OFF completely and use stereo uncompressed under digital optical just to get my 5.1 surround sound to not "pop/crackle" when navigating menus/playing games. That "pop/crackling" was driving me nuts the system doesnt "pop/crackle"
    when set to just TV but nor does my surround system "pop/crackle" when connected to my TV/Xbox 360. Never done that before...did MS cheap out on the audio system for their "all in one" media box or is this an isolated incident with my 2008 phillips surround
    I wonder.
  5. rael andres Win User

    Audio Crackling has made a return with the most recent update.

    THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!

    ...still no solution to this.

    When I use my gamepad with earphones plugged in ( tried 3 different pairs. so it's not them ) the sound crackles and pops when I interact with the navigation tiles.

    I had an Xbox One and it did this! ..now just a few days ago I got an Xbox One S and IT STILL DOES IT! ...I can't believe the Xbox team has not patched this glitch! after all this time.

    I tried everything I could with the settings, even swapped for new batteries, all to no effect.
    Here I have same problem, crackling audio specially when I'm navigating through the menus and it was worse after the Creators Update.
  6. Dancing Mario Win User

    Crackle in Stereo headset

    I just bought a stereo headset and I'm having this same issue! I was worried that it was the headset, but all my research points to the adapter, as well. I've found that it occurs more frequently after the game resets its audio--so, from one menu to the
    next, or before or after a music track, or between lines of dialogue. Playing Destiny, NO crackling has started in the Tower, which is probably because the game isn't cutting the audio signal to load a new environment/sequence.
Thema:

Why is there a crackling audio after using xbox menu's

Loading...
  1. Why is there a crackling audio after using xbox menu's - Similar Threads - Why crackling audio

  2. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  3. Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?: Ive been in the program for exactly 6 years and 4 months and i am only level 2, so i dont get the full advantages of the insider perks. submitted by /u/bigfackingooner [link] [comments]
  4. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  5. Why is the NextGen survey so long?!

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is the NextGen survey so long?!: I've answered about 100 questions and I'm only 40% through... I'm generally happy to contribute but, seriously, I'm struggling to find the energy to complete it. Shorter, focused surveys would be...
  6. Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??

    in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??: That's a very confusing thing to me like it's right there and because I'm from Lithuania I can't use all stuff on Xbox console I can't even buy Xbox game pass anymore like what submitted by...
  7. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  8. Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...

    in XboX Insiders
    Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...: I'm pissed bc I've been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now and even got myself up to Level 2 a bit ago... Yet... Nothing still. Do they hate me? What is going on?? My Xbox One console says...
  9. Why is my Xbox one power brick making a crackling noise?

    in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my Xbox one power brick making a crackling noise?: The Xbox works fine, but when I plug in the brick, it causes my main light to flicker, and I heard crackling noises, and saw some light from the inside of it. It’s really old, I wanna say a couple...
  10. Why do I hear a popping and crackling sound while playing rocket league

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I hear a popping and crackling sound while playing rocket league: whenever I play rocket league on my Xbox series S I begin to hear a popping or crackling sound. I use the arctic nova 7 headset and this issue only ever occurs when playing rocket league. I’ve...